Status: Hiatus

Catch Me When I Fall

What A Small World

I tapped my fingers on my desk as I re-read my review of last night’s concert. I fixed a few words and felt like it doesn’t right. I groaned in frustration and leaned my head on my desk, sighing heavily and shutting my eyes for a while. I should finish this review tonight before I have dinner with Kendall. Ah, about that one. My friends didn’t know about that but they did see the photos ‘cause Fay sent it all to me. Luckily, I had enough time to find Kendall and I’s photo and hide it in the box under my bed so they won’t find it.

“It’s good enough, Ella. You can go now.” Ally said and patted my shoulder lightly.

I looked up and shook my head, “no, it’s not. I’m so not satisfied of it.” I sighed softly again and looked at the computer screen.

“It’s good, Ella. I’m sure Emma will like it. Now go out and eat ‘cause it’s almost 8.” Alice’s words made my eyes go wide. I looked at my phone to check the time and she’s right. It’s almost 8.

“Oh gosh,” I breathed and mentally slapped myself, standing up from my spinning chair, “I gotta go now. See you guys later!” I hugged Alice and Ally before walking away in hurry and to the elevator. I checked my phone and dialed Kendall’s number. Apparently, Kendall asked Matt for my number and that explained how he’s been texting me these few days. But too bad, I didn’t reply his texts every time. I have been busy and didn’t have time to reply his text. Besides, I never text a guy before besides Matt, Dad, Aaron, and Taylor.

“I’m sorry if I’m late. I just left my office and will be there in like 15 minutes. Is that alright?” I said as Kendall answered the call.

“It’s alright. I just left my house though.” He said and I sighed in relief.

“Okay, then. I’ll see you in a bit.” I said before hanging up the phone. As much as I didn’t wanna have dinner with him, I still have to because he asked me to and I didn’t have any excuses to refuse him that time. I remembered that I was still blown up by ‘our’ photo that time. If I were that smart and could think fast, I really would refuse him and have dinner with Alice and Ally.

I drove off to the restaurant with a cloud in my head. I really have no idea what I’m going to say or a topic that I will use to talk with him. I have never had dinner with a guy alone before. I’m sure this is going to be awkward.

After parking my car in the parking lot, I stepped out and walked towards the small restaurant. The bell chimed in as I opened the door and walked in. I saw Kendall sitting in one of the booth that’s in the corner of the room. The restaurant wasn’t crowded anymore because the dinner time has passed.

“Hey,” I greeted him as I sat on the chair across him, “Sorry, I’m late.”

He smiled, showing those dimples, “Nah. It’s okay. I just got here like 5 minutes ago.” I replied him with a smile and after that, we ordered our food. I just realized that there wasn’t much people left and the restaurant started to play some silly cocky love songs.

“So, how’s your day?” he started and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Same old. Just wrote another concert review for the magz.” I smiled politely, “How’s yours?” I asked back, trying to be friendly.

“More filming since we gotta have our Christmas break soon,” he answered and I nodded slightly. I glanced at him and felt that he’s looking at me. It’s like he’s studying me. He was about to open his mouth and say something to me but got cut off by the waitress. We got our food and ate in silence.

“You know what, you really look familiar to me. It’s like I’ve seen or met you somewhere.” Kendall said and I looked up to see him. Please don’t say that he remembered me. I don’t wanna this dinner lead up to something else like catching up more often or hanging out on days off.

“Oh yeah?” I asked and raised an eyebrow at him, pretending to be surprised.

“Yeah. You look like one of my friends back in junior high school. Surprisingly, she has the same name with you.” I mentally slapped myself as he said that. This is not going to happen. Oh God, please block his mind so he can’t remember me, “Is your full name Eleanor Parker?” Joy to the world!!

“Oh, you still remember me? How you doin’, Kendall Francis Schmidt?” I said sarcastically, trying to cover up my nervousness around him.

“See? I was right. That’s why you look so familiar to me, especially when you had nosebleed back in New York. That thing reminded me of you.” Again, I was shocked. How on earth he could remember the thing that happened ages ago?

I smiled at his words, “Oh, really? I feel blessed that I still got the chance to meet one of my school friends. I never thought you still remember me.” I rolled my eyes playfully in the end.

“Me too,” he smiled, “I really never thought that I would meet you again.”

I nodded at him, “What a small world.”

“Yeah. You worked in a magazine that revolves around my career and your brother is a music producer that’s working with us. Such a small world.” He said right before my phone went off. I pulled it out from my jeans pocket and looked at the caller I.D. It’s Ally.

“I gotta take this,” I excused myself, “hello?” I answered the call.

“Ella, where are you? I really need you right now.” she took a breath, “I lost all the pictures I took on last concert. You still have the copy in your laptop right?”

“Yes, I still have it. I can copy it to you.” I said and she sighed in relief.

“Can you go home? I really need it right now.” Ally said and I held the urge to smile so widely. This girl is such a life-saver!

“Mm ‘kay. I’ll be home in 15 minutes. Later, A.” I hung up the phone and shoved it into my jeans pocket again, “Kendall, I have to go. Ally really needs me right now.” I said and smiled apologetically to him. His face emotion changed a little bit.

“Actually, I kind of hope I can talk with you a little longer, but it’s okay. We still can meet and talk someday.” He said with a smile and stood up.

“Okay, then. Thank you so much for tonight, Kendall. I’m glad that I can meet you again. I’m sorry that I have to leave earlier,” I said quickly to him, “Thanks again, Kendall. Bye.” I gave him a hug before walking out of the restaurant and to the parking lot.

As I drove to home, I thought about my words to Kendall earlier. ‘I’m glad that I can meet you again.’ Oh darn! That’s way too friendly for him. With that, he could hope that I really wanna meet him again someday while the fact is I kind of don’t wanna meet him again. Oh my gosh, I was so stupid for saying that.

I opened the door of my apartment and sighed heavily again, “Oh Lord, why am I so stupid?” I muttered to myself as I walked in, not bothering to say ‘I’m home’ to my roommates.

“Who’s stupid?” I looked up and saw Taylor Lautner with a teasing look on his face. I rolled my eyes at him and continued to walk to my room. I put my bag on the desk and changed my work clothes into a worn t-shirt and pajama pants.

“Ally, if you want your photos, the photos are all in my laptop which is in my bag which is in my room. Just go get it by yourself.” I shouted through the apartment as I walked out of my room and to the kitchen. I saw David, Taylor, and Aaron there.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked coldly at them and furrowed my eyebrows.

“I’m just coming over.” David defended himself.

“We’re gonna watch movies.” Aaron said calmly.

“Really?” I raised an eyebrow, “why don’t you tell me earlier?” I muttered but loud enough for them to hear, “Ally could’ve told me that you guys are going to stay here for a night.” I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of mineral water. I opened the cap and took a long sip.

“We’re sorry. We can go if you want.” Taylor said calmly, not wanting to get a problem from me, because he’s already getting used of my icy attitude whenever I do or say something that I should not do or say. Diana, Alice, and Ally shot me daggers and I sighed heavily at them.

“Look, I’m sorry. You can stay, really. I just have a rough day. I’m sorry for my attitude earlier. You guys didn’t deserve it.” I said quickly before walking out from the kitchen and to my room. I lay on my bed and stared straight at the ceiling.

“You okay?” I heard Alice’s voice from the doorway and I nodded at her.

“No, you’re not.” Taylor’s voice made me to scoff again. I sat up, hugging my pillow, and faced them, showing them my poker face.

“You’re not gonna give us that poker face again, Ella.” Alice said with a sigh and Taylor nodded at her words.

“You two done? I need some space here.” I said, still cold, at them. That-two-people-soon-to-be-couple walked out of my room and closed the door, making me to lay and look up at the ceiling again.

“You know what, I have a feeling that it’s about a guy.” I heard Taylor’s words from the outside and I rolled my eyes.

I HEARD THAT, TAYLOR!!” I shouted and sighed loudly. I shut my eyes and took a few deep breaths. Here I am, lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, and thinking that I just might say the wrong words. Really, I shouldn’t say that to Kendall. I couldn’t even control my mouth around him! Oh gosh. Where was the icy part of me when I needed it the most?
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear... he remembered her! snap x_x
Stay tune if you wanna know what will happen next between Ella and Kendall ;)
Hope you guys like it!
and thank you for commenting, reading, or subscribing my story. Feedback is always appreciated. and it will absolutely make my day! :D

xo -Lela:)