Status: Hiatus

Catch Me When I Fall

Such A Lonely Girl

I walked in to the apartment, shutting the door behind me. I passed the lounge room as I walked towards the kitchen. It’s only 8 in the morning and I’m wondering where my friends are. David, Diana, Aaron, and Ally weren’t in the lounge room and I frowned at the empty couches. I opened the fridge, grabbing a bottle of a mineral water and opened the cap, taking a long sip of it. ‘Six Feet Under The Stars’ by All Time Low blasted through my iPod earphones as I leaned on the fridge door, taking a long deep breath. I put my drink on the counter and walked towards my room, glancing at the balcony and saw Taylor and Alice talking.

“Hey, guys.” I greeted them and their heads snapped to see me. Alice gave me a smile and Taylor gave me a ‘I need your help on something’ look, “Where are the others?”

“Um, they’re out to buy some breakfast. I think they’ll be back in a bit.” Alice answered me and Taylor still gave me that look. I gave Taylor a ‘we still can talk later’ look and walked towards my room. I pulled out the earphones and stopped the song, placing it on my desk, before walking to the bathroom and took a warm relaxing shower.

After dressing in my clean clothes, I put my hair in a loose ponytail and walked out from my room. A couple and D couple along with Alice and Taylor were already there, having breakfast together. Ally and Aaron looked cute together, Diana and David looked really cute because they’re kind of shy around each other, and Alice and Taylor were talking at each other while having breakfast. They’re gonna be a couple soon, I can really smell it. I can see how Alice’s eyes lit up at every words Taylor says to her and how she will act when Taylor hasn’t called or text her for a few days. They have feelings for each other but they just don’t wanna admit it.

And I left alone while all my best friends have a boyfriend, crush, or somebody to love. They told me everything about how they’re feeling towards the guy. Well, they shared me everything. Even the feelings they had when the first time they saw him. The only thing I don’t like about all those things is when my friends told me they broke up with their boyfriend and cried for days just because of that. It sucks to see them feeling like that just because a guy. I mean, hello? There are many guys in this universe!

“Breakfast?” Taylor asked at me, pulling me out of my trance.

“Um. No. I’m good. I’ll see you guys later.” I said quickly and walked out of the apartment, earning some odd looks from them. I walked to the coffee shop, buying a cup of latte, and to the nearest park, sitting on a bench under the tree all alone.

I sipped my coffee and took a deep breath, inhaling the cool air as I looked around the park. And then, a familiar guy caught my eyes. That blonde guy again. Oh gosh, what’s he doing here? I groaned quietly and stood up from the bench, ready to walk away but he called me, “Hey, Ella.” I sighed quietly and turned around, putting the best fake smile on my face. I really wanna get out from this park!!

“Hi,” I breathed and looked down at my shoes for a while, “what are you doing here?” I asked in a flat tone.

“Um, relaxing?” he said, sounding like a question.

“Oh,” was all that I said. I really didn’t wanna deal with him anymore. Why can’t he just disappear from my life? I really don’t wanna deal with him or any guy in this universe right now, besides my best friends’ boyfriends, Matt, my Dad, and Taylor. Taylor is an excuse because he’s a family friend and he always needs my help on Alice.

“Where are you going?” he asked and looked at me curiously.

“Home.” I answered shortly and shrugged my shoulder. He raised an eyebrow and had that thinking emotion on his face, “what?”

“Still like this? Still like the old you?” he asked and I frowned at his words.

“What are you talking about?” I asked him, furrowing my eyebrows.

“Ice queen? Still be the same ice queen, eh?” he asked again with an eyebrow raised.

I smirked and shrugged my shoulders, “Maybe? People tell me that all the time but I try my best to be not too cold.” I told him and he nodded slightly.

“Are you always this cold to all guys?” he asked and we sat on the bench.

“Um, no. The exceptions are my Dad, Matt, Taylor, my best friends’ boyfriend, and some of my guy friends.” I said and took another sip of my coffee.

“Will I be another exception for you?” he asked suddenly and I smirked at him, shrugging my shoulders.

“I don’t know,” I mumbled out and there’s a silence between us. None of us said anything. Well, I didn’t wanna say anything though.

“So, how’s life? You know, after we graduated from junior high.” He said randomly, trying to pick up a conversation around us.

“Surprisingly, a day after I graduated, Taylor died.” Kendall murmured a ‘sorry’ before I continued, “Then I went to high school, where all the drama of my life started and I was dying wants to leave it. 4 years passed so quickly and after that, I went to college.” I made the story so short because I really didn’t wanna talk about my life ever since we all went to the separate ways.

“I really feel sorry about Taylor. She’s such a cute puppy and I really liked her! I never thought she would...” he trailed off and I gave him a half-heartedly smile. Kendall really liked Taylor, my puppy. She’s such a cute puppy and all my friends that had ever been to my house before, liked her. But the day after I graduated, she died because of a hit and run. FYI, I used her name for my e-mail too.

“Me either. It was a hit and run. That morning, I woke up and Taylor wasn’t in my room. I searched all over the house by myself and when I walked out of the house, Taylor was there lying in the middle of the road.” I explained him shortly and shrugged my shoulders. He gave me a little smile and patted my shoulder softly.

“So, do you have any plans for today?” he asked suddenly, changing the topic.

“Actually, no. But I’m going to plan a lot of things for work with Ally today.” I lied because I know that he’s going to ask me to go with him somewhere so we could talk a lot about our past and stuff like that.

“Are you really that busy?” he asked curiously at me and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I make myself busy.” I answered shortly and finished my coffee.

“Why?” he asked again, “That explains why you have no time to relax and talk with your friends or a guy. You’re such a lonely girl, you know that. You should make more time to chill and relax. I’m guessing you have no boyfriend, right? Then I suggest you to find one because that will help you taking your minds off things.” He rambled out. I turned my head to look at him and gave him an unbelievable look.

“You have no right to tell me what to do, Kendall.” I said and rolled my eyes at him, trying to sound calm but it didn’t even sound calm.

“Hey, I’m just telling you that you really need to take some time and enjoy your life. You’re always like this since junior high. Can you get a few days off and have some fun?” he said again and I sighed loudly.

“Again, you can’t tell me what to do.” I muttered but I was sure that it’s loud enough for him to hear. I really don’t like it if people tell me what to do. Well, if it’s Matt, my parents, or my best friends who said that, it would be no problem for me. But it’s Kendall who said that. He said to me when we just met each other again after long years of nothing seeing or even contacting each other.

“Why are you so sensitive?” He said and laughed slightly, shaking his head in disbelief.

“I won’t be this sensitive if you didn’t laugh at my words that’s clearly not even funny or said that I’m such a lonely girl with no boyfriend.” I snapped and stood up from the bench. I pulled out my phone and checked the time, realizing that I haven’t had breakfast yet.

“Look, I’m so-“

“I gotta go. Bye, Kendall.” I said quickly to him and turned my heels, walking out from the park and back to the apartment building. How could he say that? He should really zip his mouth and keep those words for himself. I mean, how could he even say that to me in front of my face?! I shook my head and sighed heavily to myself, wishing that I never met him again after his concert in New York.
♠ ♠ ♠
uuhhhh who's being so sensitive?? :D
okay, I admit it that I'm not really satisfied with this chapter but I did my best to write it. I hope you guys like it :)
as always, I wanna say thank you for reading, subscribing, or commenting this story. I had 12 subscribers so far and I was like 'O_O that's a lot!' when I saw it. you guys are awesome! :D
so, feedback is always appreciated :)

xo -Lela :)