Saving Outcast

Harlo

Oh. My. Psycho Monkey. I thought he was going to kill me. It's uncanny how he always knows how to best me. I just wish he wouldn't pass out like that. Every time he does, I'm scared to death and back.

I wanted to tell him why I was so worried about him. But I don't think he'd believe me. He rew up like me. No one really loved him. So why should he believe it when someone who is almost a stranger says it?

I couldn't help but want to make him the happiest person alive. He's gone through so much. He had to suffer not only the physical abuse that I was saddled with, but the emotional abuse as well. I'd do anything to make the little kid in him come out again. The way his face lit up with the butterfly was priceless. It was also the most beautiful think I've ever seen.

But, back to the matter at hand. Although the expression on Ellis's face had gone from pissed to curious as I slipped into my thoughts, he wasn't the kind of person to sit around and talk about his feelings. He got a playful glint in his eye.

"Do I have to teach you that dogs hate water as much as cats?" he asked. I knew it was rhetorical, but I felt the need to answer anyway.

"I don't know, do you? Because I always got the impression that dogs love getting wet," I said, playing coy.

"Harlo, you are such a pervert!" he squealed before leaping up off the ground to start chasing me through the shady forest. Although I was kind of scared of the small boy, it was worth it to see his face lose it's hardened facade. You could finally see the little kid that was caged inside of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little shorter, like all the Harlo PoV's are. Updates may or may not be every day. I'm on summer vacation now, but I've caught up with what has already been written, so I have to write new material now. If anyone wants to contribute ideas, I might use them, if they fit into where I want this story to go.