Status: Finished!!!!

Through the Lens

Thirty - One

Scarlet Gaskarth stood in the airport atrium, impatiently awaiting for the plane to land and its passengers to exit. She stood with her hands in the pocket of her husbands leather jacket and her foot bouncing in anticipation.

It had been four months since Scarlet had last seen her husband and it was killing her. Sure they had video chatted or face timed on their iphones, they had been in constant contact, apart from the hour and a half he would be on stage, for the last 124 days but now she was about to be back in his arms.

The couple had now been married for two and a half years. A year previously Scarlet opened her own photo studio. She now had a thriving business, meaning she was no unable to go on every tour with All Time Low, which is why her and Alex had been apart for four months. Scarlet was at home in Baltimore, busy running her business while he was off touring the world.

"Flight 652 from Paris, France has now landed." The words that echoed through out the large atrium made a large smile come to the brunette's face. He was here. In just minutes she would be seeing him. Her palms began to sweat, her heart racing as she thought about it. This was the longest they had been away from each other since they had met. To top it off, Scarlet had news for him as well. Big news.

A swarm of people came through the terminal exit, Scarlet searched through the people for someone she knew. Her eyes first landed on her best friend, who was engaged to the guitar player of all time low, before she saw him. His eyes were scanning the area in front of him, also looking for her.

When their eyes met, both of their lips turned up in large smiles. In the next second they were running at each other. They collided, their arms instantly around one another as he lifted her up, spinning her around while she pressed her nose into his hair, breathing in the scent that was purely him, the musk that she had missed so much.

He set her down and pulled back to stare into her eyes for a few seconds before leaning down to reconnect their lips. It was like their first kiss all over again. Even almost 4 years of being together, his lips still make her weak at the knees and her heart flutter, her stomach full of butterflies. This boy was magical, and she loved it.

They pulled back when the rest of the band and crew came up, complaining that Alex was hogging Scarlet, demanding hugs and kisses from the young brunette. Scarlet smiled and made her rounds, hugging everyone before making her way back into the comforting circle of her husbands arms as they made their way towards baggage claim.

"So, are we still on for dinner tonight?" Alex asked Scarlet, leaning down to whisper in her ear, kissing the soft skin of her ear lobe, making her shiver.

"Yes we are. Just me and you, at home. We are gonna have dinner and watch some movies. Do some cuddling." Scarlet told him, feeling herself get nervous again. She was also planning on telling him the news that she had then.

"I hope we do more than just cuddling." He grumbled, his voice low, before he kissed her lips, making her giggle, placing her hand on his stubble covered cheek. She missed the feel of his skin under her finger tips.

Later after everyone had their bags, they made their way from the airport, all of them saying their good byes and making promises to meet up in the following days. Scarlet drove Alex and her towards their home, their hands laced together the entire time, both of them having matching smiles on their faces the whole way.

As soon as they entered the home, Alex was attacked by his two dogs. Scarlet smiled while he pet them, baby talking to them about how much he missed them and loved them. She took his bags and put them upstairs. It had become a habit of hers, emptying his tour suitcases. She knew that he wouldn't do it, he would just take things out as he needed it, leaving the bag on the floor in the way. So she did it, putting his toiletries back in their bathroom and his dirty clothes into the hamper for washing later. She put his shoes back on the racks in the closet, along with his beanies and belts. She was just finishing up when Alex came back into the room.

"You know I could have done that." He told her as she put the now empty bags into the closet. She turned and raised an eyebrow at him, making him laugh. "Okay, maybe I wouldn't have." She smiled and went over to peck his lips before grabbing the laundry hamper to go start his clothes so he would have something to wear.

"After I start these, I'll start dinner." She told him as he stood up and followed her from the room.

"I can start it, I can cook too, remember?" He joked while they walked down the stairs.

"True. You can start it then. I'll be there in a few minutes to help." He nodded and made his way towards the kitchen while she went to the laundry room. As she stuffed his jeans and shirts into the washer she heard pots and pans banging in the kitchen, making her smile. It was nice to not have the place be so quiet. It had gotten so extremely lonely while he was gone. All she had was the company of the dogs and even that got lonely occasionally.

After Alex finished the dinner, they sat in the dining room, enjoying the delicious meal of pasta that he had cooked. Scarlet knew that this was it, she had to tell him now.

"Hey, Alex?" She started, looking over at him while he concentrated on getting the right amount of noodles onto his fork. After he stuffed it in his mouth he looked up at her. "Can we talk?" His eyebrows furrowed as his cheeks bulged, full of food. He chewed quickly and swallowed.

"Of course. What's on your mind, babe?" He questioned, taking a drink of his wine. She sighed and pushed her pasta around on her plate with her fork for a few seconds before looking back up at him.

"I wanted to tell you sooner, I just... I wasn't sure how. I still don't really know how, so I'm just going to come out with it. I'm just not sure how you are going to take it and I'm sorry if this isn't how you would have wanted-" She was rambling nervously.

"Babe," He cut her off. "You are rambling. And scaring the shit out of me." He reached over to take her hand. "Just tell me whatever it is." He squeezed her hand lightly.

"Well.... I found out awhile ago...." He continued to frown as she stared down at her plate. "I'm pregnant.." She whispered, glancing up at him for a second, seeing that his eyes were wide, his mouth hanging open a little bit.

"Really?" She nodded, looking back down at her plate. "Babe, look at me." She lifted her face again, and as soon as she did, his lips were on hers. He pulled back to smile at her. "That's amazing!" She smiled softly.

"Are you sure? I mean... how will this affect the band and everything? You'll have to take some time off, and then I won't be able to go on tour with you guys anymore because I'll have to stay home with the baby." Alex just shook his head at her words, a large smile on her face.

"We will deal with that when the time comes. We were talking about taking some time off anyway, to work on a new album. I can't believe we are having a baby! How far along are you?"

"A little over 4 months. That's why I'm wearing your shirt, I'm already starting to show." She tugged at the Blink 182 shirt she had one. She wasn't showing much, but enough that if she had worn one of her shirts, the small bump forming between her hips would have been noticeable. "I wanted to tell you sooner, I just wanted it to be in person." He nodded and stood up, hold his hand out for hers. When she rested her hand in his, he pulled her up. He slid the jacket off her shoulders, tossing it onto a chair before he kneeled down and lifted her shirt up, his eyes widening at the bump.

"Wow." He whispered, pressing his hands to her stomach, making shivers erupt through her body at his touch. She craved him. "A baby. Right there. My baby. Our baby." He leaned forward and pressed soft, ghost like, kisses all along her stomach, making her giggle. He stood up, letting her shirt fall back down before his lips were back on hers. "I love you so much, Scarlet. We are starting our family now." He said, pulling back from her lips, making her giggle.

"I love you too." She whispered before connecting their lips once more...
♠ ♠ ♠
And... The end!!

Oh my god guys, I have loved this story so much.

There will NOT be a sequel. I have found that I start sequels too often and then get bored and never update. This story is proof enough of that.

I like how this story ends and I hope that you guys do as well.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me through this. I know I got really bad at updating at a certain point and I love you guys for staying with me.

I have other Alex Gaskarth stories here if you want to go check them out. It would mean a lot to me if you did.

I love you guys. Comment one last time to let me know how much you like(or dislike) this story.

6 Recommendations, 897 readers, 118 subscribers, and 83 comments.
You guys are amazing.
<3