Status: I have finally got a new computer and will try to post very soon. So sorry :( Date: 10/29/2012

Back to December

Chapter 16 - One more thing

Summer vacation was here, Kris, Mandy and Quinn where now in Quebec. His Mother held another engagement party for them seeing as most of his family couldn’t make it down to Pittsburgh a month ago. This one was held in the day time in his child hood home backyard.

The semi-formal party was taking place, the adults conversing with one another and the children ran around in their nicest wear. Although one child wasn’t playing with the others, she sat in slouched in a white chair, feet dangling and playing with the Tiffany’s necklace her dad got her for her birthday the past march.

“Look.” Kris frowned, speaking to Mandy he pointed his finger at their daughter sitting by herself.

“We should go see what’s wrong.” Mandy frowned also. The two walked over to their young child and got down to her level.

“Hey baby what’s wrong.” He dad asked her placing his hand on her knee giving it a loving pat.

“Nothing.” Quinn sighed

“Quinn sweetie, you can tell mommy and daddy what’s wrong?” Mandy looked at her in the eye, feeling pain you felt when your child wasn’t okay.

“I just…I just don’t know anybody here.” The shy young girl said. It was true a lot of these people Quinn did not know.

“Sweetheart why don’t you come with me, maybe you’ll feel better that way.” He said holding his hand out to her.

“Okay.” She wearily. Grabbing his hand she got off the chair and following him. Mandy went off to socialize with other guests.

Quinn and Kris walked around the yard together, talking to some people, Kris doing most of the talking, well all of it actually. Soon a large French lady came up to them, her short burgundy coloured hair clearly came from a drugstore box, along with bright red lipstick and some old lady floral print pants to complete her look. Kris conversed with her for a bit then looked at Quinn.

“Quel age as tu?” She asked Quinn. She looked up at her dad not understanding what she was saying.

“How old are you?” He translated for his daughter.

“Five.” She said shyly.
“Elle ne parle pas francais? (She doesn’t speak French?)” The women named Jaquelin said.

“Non, ma femme parle pas le francais. Alors ma fille na jamais apris comment. (No, my wife doesn’t speak French. So my daughther never learnt how.)” He explained.

Looking disappointed in Kris, Jaquelin quickly ended their conversation and headed off to speak to someone else. They walked around some more running into another Quebec native NHL player, Pascal Dupuis.

“Hey, great party.” Pascal smiled.

“Thanks, would be better if I knew half of these people. Poor Quinn hasn’t got a clue who anyone is.” He frowned a little feeling sorry for bringing her here.

“I guess I should’ve brought Lola over for her to play with.” He said referring to his daughter that was the same age as Quinn.

“Yeah!” she piped up.

***
The day progressed on well and was about to come to an end. Kris looked at Mandy from across the yard and smiled to himself. He walked over to her and embraced her in a hug.

“What was that for?” she asked him

“Because I love you.” He smiled

“I love you” She smiled.

Eventually it came that time again where Kris and Mandy would thank their guests. As they walked up to the stage Mandy felt nervous, Kris’ family never like her. They especially weren’t to keen on her since this past years events. Most weren’t happy about them rekindling their relationship and moving so fast either. Mandy took a deep breath and Kris began to speak.

“I’d like to thank all of our family and friends for coming out today. It means a lot to Mandy and I that you support our decision to get remarried. I don’t have much to say other than thank you and we love you.” Kris smiled.

“Just one more thing.” Mandy said. She looked a Kris and smiled at him

“Mandy’s pregnant!” Kris exclaimed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's short. Sorry. I felt like i needed to get something posted, hope you enjoyed it. There's only a few chapters to go on this one, I might do a sequel.

I'm working on a James Neal story, so I've kinda been working on that. I haven't posted it yet, but I will probably in the next week or so.

That Jordan Staal on I talked about a while ago will be coming up too, I just wanna finish it first since it will only be about 4-6 chapters.

Thank you for reading.
Please subscribe.
Please comment. Let me know what you think of this chapter, a sequel, a James Neal story and a Jordan one too!