I've Got Your Back Kid

Intro: Sunday.

“Miya! Miya! Miya!” Zoey said running in the door and slamming it, “Guess what I got!”

“What?” I said shutting my laptop and setting it to the side.

“Two Tickets to Bo Burnham!” she said flopping down on the couch next to me.

“I would rather not,” I said laughing.

“Come on!”

“You know how he was to me,” I said shrugging.

“Please?” she said multiple times.

“No, I will not go with you to that stupid show,” I said before curling up on the couch.

“Come on, Miya, it was 3 years ago, are you really going to hold a grudge against a kid that probably doesn’t remember you?” Zoey said waving the tickets in my face.

“I am not going, he was a dick to me in high school why would I want to deal with him now,” I said pushing the tickets out of my face.

“Go with me, as my best friend, as my Miyabear, please?” she said giving me her puppy dog face.

“I am sticking to my guns on this one, I love you to death Zo, but I can’t watch a guy that used to make fun of me up on stage being a dick and making people laugh.”

“Miya!” Zoey whined following me as I walked to my bedroom.

“No,” I said multiple times and even plugging my ears to ignore her.

“Sleep on it! You know you want to go,” Zoey said standing in my door frame.

“Whatever, if my mind is still the same by noon tomorrow you can’t even ask,” I said crawling in my bed, “Now, I am really tired, goodnight,” I said looking at her.

“Night Miya, I love you, best friend,” Zoey said before shutting off my light and shutting my door.