Give 'Em Hell, Kid

Helena

Helena's P.O.V
“Helena Leonore Way! Get down here this instant!” Oh my god, my brother was obviously mad at me, he only referred to me as Helena Leonore Way when I did something I wasn’t supposed to do. Smoking pot with my friends was apparently one of them. But I knew he was only trying to protect me. After our parents died in a car accident three years ago he was left with his thirteen year old sister to look after. At the time he was 20, and I know it’s been a nightmare keeping me from being too rebellious through the past three years.

I ran down the staircase, expecting the same old lecture I always got. “Helena, you got to stop this! I’m doing my best to keep you safe, but how am I supposed to do that when you don’t listen to me?! I’m seven years older than you, which means I have more life experience. Haven’t I told you pot is dangerous and addictive? I swear to god, if mom and dad were still alive you’d be grounded for life!” I hate it when he brings up our parents, acting like he knew what they would do if they caught me doing something that’s “strictly forbidden and dangerous”. He had no idea what they would’ve done, but pointing that out made him even more furious.

“I’m sorry, Gee. It won’t happen again” I said to him, pretending to be ashamed of my actions.

“It better not” He replied and held his arms out for me to go and hug him. I liked that about him, he wasn’t mad for long, and after giving me a lecture he didn’t bring it up again. Ever.

We hugged and he kissed me on the forehead. “Now, please go do your homework. Your school year is almost over, and if you want the option to study whatever you want in the future you need to keep your grades up, okay sugar?” I nodded in response and went back to my room.

Ugh, homework. I could wait a few more hours though, it’s not like they would disappear. I decided to watch a horror movie, something I got introduced to by Gerard. Believe it or not, a good horror movie always calms me down and helps me think straight.

I must’ve fallen asleep because I woke up by loud voices downstairs. “Great, Ray’s here” I whispered to myself. Ray was Gerard’s best friend and may I add; the weirdest guy ever. That afro-thingy he had going on totally freaked me out, and he had problems keeping his voice down. But then again, this was the perfect time to sneak out. I took a quick look in the mirror before I tip-toed my way down the staircase and out the backdoor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe if you like it :)