Status: More to Come Soon!

With Words I Should've Said

As I Drown in My Regrets

I twisted a small piece of the silk off- white dress I was wearing. It was an A-Line styled dress that was rather tight on my torso, widening between my hips and waist, until it was long and flowing at the bottom. My long red hair was curled and half pinned up. In the interesting cream colored gown, my eyes were bright green with gold flecks sprinkled in. But right now, I was much more focused on the main lady of the night: my mother, the bride. I was so happy she was finally getting married. I mean, she's only thirty, but it's an exciting. You might be wondering how her seventeen year old daughter was here. Well, when my mom was thirteen, just entering her 8th year of school, she was asked on a date. Exciting, right? Except for the fact that the boy was a sketchy high school senior. I won't go into detail, but she ended up with me- and it wasn't consensual. She never saw him again. Anyway, now she's getting married to this awesome thirty- two year old guy named John. He's really sweet to her and doesn't care that I am... well, who I am. My mom, Melanie, was truly beautiful. Her brown hair was curly, with the blonde framing her face curled the most. She had an openess about her that was so loveable. When she smiled, she never held back, which gave her small wrinkles at the ends of her eyes and lips. I tuned back into the wedding just in time to hear them pronounced Mr. and Mrs. John Fray. The wedding was taking place at this beautiful little local beach. When they kissed, it was like a slow motion Disney movie or something. I smiled despite my blistering feet. I was fiddling with a small flower that John tied to my hand before the wedding, when something hit my face. It fell into my hands. The bouquet. Great, I'll never hear the end of this. My mom smiled at me from about fifteen feet away. I waved the bouquet at her, shyly smiling.
The rest of the wedding was normal, things being traditional and all. Except for the fact that there was some Spanish kid looking at me twice when I looked up. By the time everyone went home that night, I was knocked out. When I woke up John and my mother were slowly dancing with each other. I thought it was the sweetest thing ever.
"I hate to interupt this moment, but I'm out!" I stuck up a peace sign as my mom called goodbye to me. I climbed into my old, green 2006 Dodge Dakota Laramie. When I got home, I saw it was only 8:34. I threw my shoes in my closet. We had a rather small house, so my room and closet were quite small as well. My walls were painted yellow, my mom wanted to have a 'happy aura'. I changed into these pajamajeans that John bought for me a couple of months ago as a late birthday present. I threw on an old, navy Marvel t-shirt with random characters on it. I grabbed random crap that I would need for a friends house. As I was heading out the door, I passed John and my mother, holding hands.
"Where are you going?" my mother asked me.
"I'm gonna head to Brittnay's house. I know what happens the night after weddings!" My eyes widened a bit.
My mother laughed, "I don't think we'll spring for kids anytime soon."
"Why not?" John asked. I could tell by their eyes they were going to have to talk about this.
"Well I'll see you later!" I called, running towards my car, keys jangling.

"Are you wearing that freaking Marvel shirt again?! Dude, I swear, since I bought it for you, you won't take it off!" My best friend, Brittnay, complained.
"How do you know I'm wearing it? Can you see it?" I teased.
"Oh, haha! Very funny! You know, it only happnened a year ago, so stop joking about it!" she pouted. On her 16th birthday, Brittnay had been in a freak motorcycle accident. She's been completely blind ever since.
"Well I'm sorry! You adapted well, though!" I smiled, even though seh couldn't see it. "Let's go upstairs." Her house was significantly larger than mine, but it felt like a second home. We wlked upstairs.
I didn't understand how Brittnay was so pretty when she couldn't even apply makeup anymore. She was just natural, I guess. She had long, thick, black hair that was always somewhere between wavy and curly.
"Get on my laptop and open the folder named Warped Tour," Brittnay instructed plopping down on her bed. I sat in the computer chair.
"Okay," I said. Whatever that is. I looked through the pictures on the file.
"They're pretty hot, huh? They're this band called There for Tomorrow. Okay, so maybe Tayler was the one who told me they were hot! I thought they sounded awesome, so I made him find them after the concert!" Brittnay blabbered. Tayler was her older brother who had just graduated from college. He's gay.
"Hey Brittnay, who's the short one?"
"I think his name is Jay Enriquez, why?" she asked, confused.
"He was at my mom's wedding."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed! So Natalie has red hair like Hayley Williams from Paramore in Deocde. If you google Decode and go to google images you'll see it! So the title of this story, as well as this chapter, come from the song Words I Never Said feat. Skyler Grey. Check it out!