Status: Complete

Accidentally In Love

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Jordan sighed when he saw that he had no new messages or emails, he set his phone down and turned back to the mirror. It was July and Jordan was now an Unrestricted Free Agent, words most hockey players hate to hear. Every week or so Jordan would call his agent and see if there was any news on the contract front and every time he would say the same thing,

“Jordan, I told you that I would call you if there were any changes.”

Jordan glanced at his phone and pressed the little red button and he smiled when the power down screen showed. He wasn’t going to ruin Jared’s day by moping around and constantly checking his phone. He knew he had been doing that all summer, Mandy hasn’t be shy about telling him about it. Jordan smiled, Mandy has been his rock through this whole off season. Never did she have a negative outlook on what’s to come and she let Jordan vent his worries to her. He couldn’t imagine life without her and deep down he was happy she told him she was going with him. Jordan set is phone down once again and finished getting ready.

There was a light knock on the door frame and Jordan turned around and felt his jaw drop. Mandy was standing there in her strapless bridesmaid dress. The light pink color looked beautiful on her, especially with her tan. Jordan raked his eyes over her entire body, loving the way the dress hugged her in the right places and showed off her curves. He smiled when he saw the heels she had on and I knew either Lindsay or Tanya had a say in those because if it was up to Mandy, she’d be wearing flip flops. Her hair was up in an elegant bun with curls framing her face. She had just a little make-up on and looked beautiful.

Jordan walked over to her and wrapped his around her waist. “You look beautiful.”

Mandy blushed and looked down at her feet. “Can’t I just wear flip flops?” She whined.

Jordan chuckled and kissed her forehead. “Nope, plus I like when you wear heels. You’re taller.”

Mandy stuck her tongue out at him. “Are you almost ready to go?”

Jordan nodded and grabbed his wallet and keys off the nightstand. Once he had everything, he grabbed Mandy’s hand and led her out to the waiting limo.

“No phone?” She asked.

Jordan shook his head. “It’s Jared’s day, I’m not going to ruin it by moping around or checking my phone.”

She leaned up and kissed him. “I’m proud of you.”

Jordan smiled, that’s all he ever wanted to hear was the fact Mandy was proud of him. When they got to the limo, Marc, Lindsay, Eric, Tanya, and the kids were all there.

“Where’s Melody?” Mandy asked.

“Mom and dad are watching her.” Marc smiled.

“How did she like all her presents?”

Two weeks ago, Marc and Lindsay had held a party for Melody since it was her first birthday. Mandy and Jordan had left before the toddler got to open her presents.

Lindsay smiled. “As much as a one year old can, but she won’t put down that penguin you and Jordan got her.”

Mandy smiled and looked up at Jordan and he just rolled his eyes. He had told her that the penguin was a silly idea, but she insisted on getting it for Melody so Jordan had caved.

When they arrived at Linda and Henry’s place there was a photographer taking pictures as the couples got out of the first limo. More pictures were taken before moving to the field where the ceremony was being held. Throughout the ceremony, Jordan couldn’t keep his eyes off of Mandy as she smiled at his brother and his new bride. All the guests and the wedding party moved to the barn where Jordan’s parents had set up for the reception.

They had been at the reception for a couple of hours now and Jordan had lost Mandy almost as soon as they wedding party arrived.

“Have you seen Mandy?” Jordan asked Lindsay as she walked past him.

She paused and looked in the direction she was heading and back to Jordan. “She’s by the bar I think. Last I saw she was with Jeff.”

“Skinner?” Jordan growled. “Thanks, Linds”

Jordan drained his beer and stormed over to the bar, squeezing between his girlfriend and the center.

“There you are, babe.” He said, kissing her cheek and wrapping his arm around her waist possessively.

“Hey Jordan.” Jeff said, taking a sip of his own beer. “How has your summer been so far?”

Jordan shrugged. “Pretty good. How about yours?”

“It’s been great.” He smiled. “I had my day with the cup a couple of weeks ago…”

As Jeff recalled his day with the cup, Jordan looked around the room. He wanted to be happy for the young kid, but he just couldn’t , because that should be him talking about his day with the Cup. He looked back at Jeff who was still going on about his summer. Jordan began placing soft kisses on Mandy’s exposed shoulders. She must’ve liked what he was doing because she leaned into his chest and placed a hand on the arm that was wrapped around her waist.

“That sounds like so much fun.” The sound of Mandy’s voice pulled Jordan back to the conversation at hand. He was about to say something, but then the song on the dance floor changed and Mandy stood straight. “I love this song,” she turned and faced Jordan. “Jord, dance with me?”

“Of course.” He leaned down and kissed her and then looked over at Jeff. “Skins, if you’ll excuse us.”

With that, Jordan led Mandy to the dance floor and smiled to himself when she spun around and started grinding on him. Jordan didn’t get to see this side of Mandy often so he took advantage of it. He placed his hands on her hips and pulled her even closer to him, loving the feeling of her body against his. Like he did back at the bar, Jordan placed feather light kissed on Mandy’s shoulders and neck even adding a few nips here and there. Mandy moaned and quickly spun around and crashed her lips to Jordan’s, wrapping her arms around his neck and playing with his hair. Too caught up in kissing each other, they both stopped moving in the middle of the dance floor. Jordan gasped lightly when Mandy’s tongue traced his bottom lip begging for entrance. He let her in and soon they were both battling for dominance. Jordan’s grip on Mandy’s hips tightened as he tried to regain his control. He wanted her and he wanted her now.

“Do you want to get going?” He asked, trying to control his ragged breathing.

Mandy bit her lip and Jordan stifled a groan. She glanced at the clock and then looked back at Jordan with a seductive smirk. “We’ve been here long enough.”

That was all Jordan needed to hear before he whisked her off to find the bride and groom to say their goodbyes. Of course he got stopped by family and friends, but he didn’t let go of Mandy the entire time. Finally they were able to escape and made their way into the warm summer air. There were cabs sitting on the street ready to take any guests that were too drunk to drive, home. Jordan and Mandy quickly got in one and Jordan gave him his address.

As they drove back to Jordan’s place, Jordan placed his hand on Mandy’s upper thigh and began rubbing circles with his thumb. Mandy looked over at him and smiled, but Jordan didn’t see the smile. No, he saw the look of lust and desire in her eyes. He captured her lips in a heated kiss, not caring that they were in the back of a cab. His hand moved further up the skirt of her dress and Mandy shivered and wrapped her arms around Jordan’s neck, pulling him closer. Soon Jordan’s hand was hovering dangerously close to the sweet spot between Mandy’s legs, he could feel the heat radiating off of her and he grew even harder then he already was. Mandy broke away from the kiss and placed a hand on Jordan’s chest, pushing against him softly. Reluctantly Jordan moved away and looked at her.

“Don’t look so sad.” She leaned in and it was Jordan’s turn to shiver as he felt her warm breath on his ear and neck. “I just figured you didn’t want to be known for having sex in the back of the cab after your brother’s wedding. It’s bad enough you’re known for getting arrested before one of your brother’s wedding.” She chuckled and nipped at his earlobe causing him to moan and she pulled away with a chuckle.

For the rest of the drive, Mandy looked out the window singing quietly to herself. Jordan held her hand and just watched her, not caring if it was creepy that he was staring at her. She looked just as beautiful now as she did before the wedding and he couldn’t take his eyes off of her. He placed his hand into his coat pocket and fingered the ring that has been sitting in there since last night. He wanted to give it to her tonight, but he wasn’t sure if he should. The ever looming idea that he wasn’t going to be playing in Pittsburgh come August was the one thing keeping him from giving it to her. Even though she said she would go with him no matter where he played, he didn’t want to drag her with him if she didn’t truly want to go with him. He wasn’t going to hold her back from the life she created in Pittsburgh, from her family. He just wouldn’t do it.

“Jord,” Mandy’s soft voice broke into his thoughts. He turned to her and saw the small smile on her face. “We’re home.”

Home. He loved hearing her say that. He loved coming home to her after a long road trip or a hard game. He loved that she cheered just as loud as any other fan at the games. He loved that she didn’t care what other people thought of her. He loved her. He didn’t care that he sounded like a little girl right now because all that mattered was how he felt about Mandy.

They made their way inside and Mandy went straight to the couch and removed her heels with a sigh. Jordan chuckled and sat next to her, pulling her legs on his lap. He began rubbing her sore feet and chuckled again when she laid her head on the arm of the couch with a groan.

“I hate heels.” She mumbled, her eyes shut tightly.

“I know you do, but I like when you wear them. Like I said earlier.”

Without opening her eyes or moving, Mandy flipped him off.
“Love you, too, babe.” he chuckled.

A smile graced her lips when he said that. It was the same smile that appeared every time he said it to her. It was the same smile that appeared on his face when she said it to him. He stopped rubbing Mandy’s feet causing her to whine in protest, but she didn’t say anything else because Jordan moved so he was hovering over her. Slowly she opened her eyes and smiled up at Jordan.

“I love you.” He whispered, kissing her nose.

She giggled. “I love you, too.”

Jordan leaned down and kissed her. It was slow at first, but soon gained speed and passion. Mandy’s fingers tangled in Jordan’s hair, while one of his traveled up her skirt again. Jordan stopped kissing Mandy, but his lips never left her skin. He moved to her neck and honed in on her sweet spot. He smirked when she moaned and tugged on his hair. Jordan moved back to her lips and kissed her hard. Mandy untangled her fingers from Jordan’s hair and moved them to the front of his suit, losing his tie and tossing it over her head when she got it undone. Jordan pulled away from her and took off his suite jacket and tossed it on the recliner across the room.

Mandy wasted no time undoing the buttons on Jordan’s shirt. Once the shirt was off and on the ground, Jordan stood Mandy up and spun her around so they were in the same position they were on the dance floor. Also just like on the dance floor, Jordan placed kisses on her shoulders and neck as he worked on the zipper of her dress. In one smooth motion the dress fell to the floor and pooled at their feet. Slowly Jordan spun Mandy back around so they were chest to chest and he kissed her. Mandy caught Jordan by surprise when she pushed against him and he landed on the couch. Jordan groaned when she straddled him and he felt her heat on his very obvious erection. Jordan reached around Mandy and opened the clasp of her strapless bra and watched it fall.

Mandy let out a gasp as Jordan took her hard nipple into his mouth and began sucking on it. She grinded her hips into his, unhappy that he still had his pants on, so she went to work on his belt. Jordan released her and picked her up as he stood up. With a smirk, Jordan undid his belt and removed his pants. Mandy’s eyes clouded over with pure lust and that was all Jordan needed to see. He attacked her lips and pushed her back so she was in the same position she was in earlier. As they continued to kiss, Jordan ran a hand from the top of Mandy’s breast, down her stomach, and stopped just short of her lace panties. Mandy was doing the same thing to him and his breath hitched when she slipped her fingers just inside the waistband of his shorts.

Jordan pulled away and looked down at Mandy. She was breathing heavily, her lips were swollen from their kisses, and her eyes were glowing. He leaned down and kissed her lightly.

“Marry me.” He whispered when he pulled away.

Mandy just started at him for a second. “Wh-what?”

“Marry me.” He repeated louder, then sat up and looked at her. “I’ve been thinking about this for a while this summer and I know it’s what I want. That you are what I want.” He ran a hand through his hair. “I know the timing is horrible, but like I said it’s been-”

“Yes.”

Now it was Jordan’s turn to just stare at her. “Yes?” He asked, clarifying.

Mandy nodded with a smile on her face and reached for Jordan. “Yes I will.”

Jordan smiled before kissing his new fiancée and finishing what they had started. Later that night, while they were lying in bed, Mandy sound asleep next to Jordan, he couldn’t help but smile. Mandy had said yes and he couldn’t have been happier. He knew that having her around all the time now was going to make whatever comes at them in the next couple of months easier. He squeezed her and she shifted in her sleep and placed her left hand, that now had the ring on it, on his chest. She was his. He went to reach for his phone to text his brothers when he remembered that he had turned it off. He turned it back on and saw that he had a couple of missed calls and a voicemail. He decided to listen to the voicemail first.

“Jordan, it’s me. God dammit, why aren’t you answering your damn phone? As soon as you get this message call me back ASAP.”

Jordan laid there and stared at his phone. He noticed that all of his missed calls were from his agent and Jordan knew something had happened. Deciding to worry about it in the morning, he shut off his phone once more and cuddle with Mandy falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edtited