Status: Complete

Accidentally In Love

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Jordan sat at the desk in the room he was sharing with Kris, waiting to Skype with Mandy. He was worried about leaving her alone because she hasn’t been feeling well for the past week. He called Taylor before they left and asked her to keep an eye on Mandy, even though he knew she would. The distinct sound of a video call caught his attention and he smiled when he saw that it was Mandy.

“Hey, babe!” He smiled when he saw her sitting there. “How are you?”

She smiled. “I’m good, how was your flight?”

“It was good, got my ass kicked by Flower, Sid, and Tanger in COD though.” He chuckled and Kris chirped him before sending his love to Mandy. “Kris says hello.”

“Hi Kris!” she practically yelled, making sure the Frenchman heard her, but she didn’t know that Jordan had headphones in.

Jordan chuckled again. “He can’t hear you, I have headphones in.”

She laughed before getting quite. He could tell something was on her mind and he was worried about what she learned at the doctors.

“How did it go at the doctors? Did you find out what’s wrong?” He asked, not caring that he let his worry show. She was sick and he wanted to know what was wrong with her so he could help her get better.

Slowly she nodded and reached into her jacket pocket and pulled something out. She glanced down at it before showing it to Jordan. Jordan stared at the picture before him, but he couldn’t make out what it was.

“What’s that?” He asked her. He heard her sigh and then she let out a tiny sob. “Mandy, what’s wrong?” Jordan asked alarmed. Suddenly the worst case scenarios were running through his head.

“Jordan, I’m pregnant.” She said quietly, so quiet that if Jordan didn’t have headphones in he wouldn’t have been able to hear her.

At those words, relief filled Jordan. There was nothing wrong with her, she was pregnant. Pregnant, holy shit Mandy was pregnant. He thought. They were both quiet and Jordan knew that she was freaking out, he could see it in her eyes. She was scared.

“So that’s why you’ve been so tired lately?” He asked, just as quiet as Mandy had told him.

She nodded, “And the reason I was-am feeling sick.”

“That was a sonogram you showed me wasn’t it?”

She nodded again and held up the picture. Jordan didn’t say anything for a second; he just looked at the picture. “How far?”

“Almost three months.”

“The wedding.” was all he said before a shit eating grin showed up on his face. “We’re having a baby.”

Mandy nodded as tears began falling down her face. He wished more than anything that he was there with her to hold her and kiss her senseless.

“How do you feel about that?” She asked.

“I’m so fucking happy. I wish I was there.” His smile never left his face.

“So you’re not mad at me for telling you this way? I figured it was better than over the phone and there was no way I would have been able to wait and tell you.”

He shook his head. “Not at all, I’m glad you did. I got to see your face when you told me.” Then he got serious. He had to know how she felt. “How do you feel about it?”

“Right now I’m a little scared, but I’m happy at the same time.” She admitted, just like Jordan had guessed.

“Don’t be scared, baby. Everything will be fine, I promise.”

She nodded and placed the sonogram next to her on the coffee table. “You can tell Kris.” She chuckled. We both knew that Kris was eavesdropping the best he could with a one-sided conversation, but was too polite to ask about it.

Jordan nodded and removed his headphones. “You tell him.” He smiled.

“Kris!” Mandy called. At the sound of his name being called, he smiled and came over to the computer when he noticed that both Mandy and Jordan were waving him over.

“’ey there Mandy.” He smiled. “What’s up?”

She rolled her eyes with a smile. “Like you don’t know.” She chuckled and so did Jordan. “Jordan and I have some news to share with you. We are expecting.”

The smile on Kris’ face was priceless. He turned to Jordan and punched his shoulder lightly. “Congratulations, man, to both of you. That’s great news.” Jordan smiled at his friend.

Jordan grabbed his phone and opened a text. I know this is a crappy way to tell you guys, I will call with details later I promise. But Mandy is pregnant!!

He sent the text to his brothers and looked up when there was a knock on the door. Kris got up to answer it and Sidney was standing there with a huge grin on his face. When he saw that Mandy was still on Skype, he walked into the frame.

“Is it true?” He asked, grinning like a mad man.

“Like Taylor would lie to you about something like this. Yes it’s true. I am almost three months pregnant.” Mandy laughed.

Sidney smiled and hugged Jordan. “I wish we were there right now,” he said to Mandy.

“I wish you guys were here too, but you have a game to play tomorrow and I bet you have things to do today.”

Sidney nodded and mentioned practice starting soon. Kris walked waved to Mandy before going to get ready for practice himself and Sidney left the room to get ready as well. Jordan looked at the clock and noticed that it was indeed time to go to practice, but he didn’t want to stop talking to Mandy.

“Go get ready for practice. Call me later and we can talk some more.” She said like she could read his mind.

He sighed. “Okay, I love you Mandy.”

“Love you too, Jordan.”

He was about to disconnect, when Mandy called to him. “Hey Jord, you can tell whoever you want. I’m not going to make you keep it a secret. I am going to call your sisters though.”

“Well they’ll probably be calling you soon anyway. I just sent a text to my brothers.” He laughed hold up his phone so she could see the three responses he has yet to read.

Just then Mandy’s cell phone started ringing and both of them laughed. “Well I better answer that or they’ll never leave me alone.” She said.

“Alright, love you.”

“Bye Jordan.”

When they disconnected, Jordan quickly got ready for practice and made his way to the lobby of the hotel with a smile on his face. They were having a baby. Jordan knew he wanted kids, but he never expected to be this excited about it. When he met up with the team, Sidney and Kris shared similar smiles to his. Flower, Max, TK, and Nealer looked between the three guys with confused looks.

“Why do the three of you have huge ass grins on your face?” TK asked.

“Maybe they finally had that threesome they were all fantasizing about” Flower laughed and the three guys punch the goalie.

Jordan laughed none the less. “First off, fuck you. Second, I have something to share with you guys.” Jordan said loud enough, catching the rest of the team’s attention. He couldn’t contain his excitement. “I just found out that I’m going to be a dad.”

The whole team crowed around the father to be and congratulated him. Some of them even pulled out their cell phones to text Mandy congratulations. Jordan’s smile never left his face. This is where he wanted to raise a child, with these people surrounding them. He loved the Penguins organization and the people involved with it. They were a family. Just then Dan joined the team in the lobby and smirked when he saw the 6’4 center surrounded by his team mates.

“Did I miss something? Staalsy, what did you do?” he asked with a chuckle.

“Got Mandy pregnant.” Sidney spoke up with a smile.

Dan’s eyes grew large before he walked over to Jordan and hugged him like a proud father. “Congratulations Jordan, that’s great news. Can I ask how far along is she?”

Jordan nodded. “Almost three months.”

“That’s great Jordan.”

It was no secret that Jordan was a problem child so to speak when it came to morals. He use to drink until he couldn’t remember the night before. He slept with any woman willing to sleep with him. He partied nonstop and didn’t have a care in the world. Then he met Mandy and that all changed. Six years later, here he was in his eleventh season with the Penguins, engaged to a girl that he loves with all of his heart, and a baby on the way. Jordan couldn’t be any happier with his life than he was now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited