Status: Complete

Accidentally In Love

CHAPTER THREE

They did it! The Penguins won the Stanley Cup. Both Taylor and my family along with Sidney’s family were all cheering with the rest of Consol as the boys celebrated on the ice. Taylor and Trina were crying, dad and Troy had huge grins on their faces, and I was doing both. Both Sidney and Jordan had gotten goals and I couldn't be more proud of those two.

“Come on girls.” Troy smiled, starting to head down to ice level.

Taylor and I quickly followed after our parents and made our way down to the ice to watch the festivities. Eventually we would be allowed on the ice to join in on them. As we got to the glass, I heard a familiar squeal and I smiled when I saw Taylor holding Stephanie and talking to Marc-Andre’s girlfriend.

Taylor looked down at her daughter who was now thrashing around in her arms. With a smile she looked over at us. “Tay, Man, look out. I’m releasing the Kraken.” She chuckled before setting Steph on her feet.

I quickly scooped up my niece and placed a kiss on her one cheek as Taylor did the same on the other. I looked over at my sister. “I’m going to take her for a little bit.” I looked at Stephanie. “Come on Steph, let’s go find some hockey players to congratulate.”

We waited on the home bench for the Cup to come out on the ice. When Sidney lifted it, Taylor, Stephanie, and I went crazy with the rest of the arena. It was an amazing feeling to get to watch your favorite team lift the Cup, but what was even more amazing was having family lift it. Because after five years of knowing him, Sidney was a part of my family. He was the brother I never had, he treated me just like he did his own sister. It was also amazing to see the man you love lifting it as well all your friends. Getting to know the Penguins, new and old, was every Penguins fan’s dream.

“Stephanie!” A familiar French accent called out. I turned and spotted Mr. Maxime Talbot, skating towards us with his lumberjack beard, smiling like a kid on Christmas.

“So you give the three year old attention, but not the girl who has been your fan for the past six years. I’m hurt Maxime.” I chuckled.

Max smiled at me. “She’s cuter.” I flipped him off and he just threw his head back in laughter. “Bon jour, Mandy. How are you? It’s been a while since we’ve seen you.” He said, kissing my cheek.

I laughed as his beard tickled my cheek. “I’m doing well. I passed my first two years of college. But that’s all I’m telling you because today is about you guys, not me. We’ll have all summer to catch up. So, Congratulations.”

“Thank you.” He turned to Taylor. “Taylor Jr. how are you?”

She laughed. “First I’m Crosby Jr, and now I’m Taylor Jr. When did this happen?”

“Whenever the two of you are in the same place at the same time.” He winked. “How is RMU hockey treating you?”

She sighed. “Honestly, like royalty. It’s a bit annoying.”

“You use to love being treated like royalty.” A familiar voice countered.

“Daddy!” Stephanie squealed, reaching for her father.

Sidney quickly took her out of my arms. “Hey there baby girl” He placed kisses all over her causing her to giggle. “Where’s mommy?”

Stephanie shrugged and snuggled into Sidney’s neck. She pulled back and wrinkled her nose. “You stinky, daddy.” She stated.

Sidney chuckled and kissed the top of her head. “I know baby.” He looked at me. “She’s so much like Taylor it’s scary.”

I chuckled. “I think it’s scary when she acts like you.” I smiled. “Congrats Sidney, you played well tonight.” I said giving my brother-in-law a kiss on the cheek.

“Yeah, great game big brother!” Taylor yelled wrapping him in a hug.

“Thanks guys.” He smiled. He really did have a cute smile. “Come on Steph, let’s go find mommy.” He started to skate away, but then stopped and looked at me. “Jordan’s looking for you.” He winked and skated off to find Taylor.

I blushed and began looking around the ice for him. I spotted his brothers and thought he’d be with them, but I didn’t see him. Eric caught me looking at them and waved to me with a huge smile on his face. I smiled and waved back before finally finding Jordan. He was talking to Taylor and must have felt me looking at him because he looked up and our eyes locked. Suddenly we were the only two people in the room. Everything else, the noise, the people, everything faded to the background and it was just the two of us, staring at each other. I watched as he blushed, which caused me to smile, and say something to Taylor before giving her a hug. Then he was making his way over to me and my pulse began pounding.

As he skated towards me, I took him in. The length of his hair, the scruffiness of his beard, the way his eyes shined with excitement, the smile that was plastered to his face. Even all sweaty, he was beautiful and he was in front of me, just looking at me much like I was him.

“Hey,” He smiled and I felt my knees give out a little bit. I gripped the boards to steady myself. “I like your jersey.”

I smiled and looked down at the game worn jersey he gave me for my eighteenth birthday. “Thanks, some big blond guy that plays for some team gave it to me.” I looked into his eyes and smiled. I was always smiling around him, it was a little weird. Without a word, I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Instantly, his arms were around my waist hugging me just as tightly. The hug wasn’t special, we always hugged, but this time something was different.

Jordan was trying to pull my tighter into his body, but the boards between us were making that impossible. Without breaking our hug, Jordan effortlessly lifted me over the boards. I let out a giggle as he gently placed me on the ice. Since I wasn't wearing skates, Jordan tightened his hold on me to keep me from falling. When I was sure I wasn't going to fall, I pulled back a little bit and looked up into his eyes. "Congratulations Jordan. You played so well."

He smiled back at me. "Thanks Mandy." He hugged me again and I sighed. I was finally with him, in his arms. Sure it was just a simple hug, but it didn't feel like a simple hug. My heart was pounding away in my chest, my pulse was racing, and it was a little hard to breathe being this close to him.

Jordan pulled back and when I looked at him he wasn't smiling anymore. He looked determined and then I looked into his eyes and the look I saw there was one that I've been waiting three years to see again. He was going to kiss me. Slowly, he lowered his head never breaking eye contact with me. Much like the first time I didn't move, I couldn't. I gasped when our lips finally touched; the spark the erupted between us was undeniable. Jordan pulled me closer to him and I went willingly.

"Whoa, Jord, save it for later." Someone laughed from next to us. We both were so wrapped up in each other that we didn't notice the crowd of reporters and players that surrounded us. We pulled apart, both of us blushing and the cameras didn't miss anything. I finally noticed that the person that interrupted us was Jordan's brother Marc. He smiled at me. "Hey Mandy."

I blushed even more. "Hi Marc. How are you?"

"I'm good, excited."

"That's right, Lindsay is due soon isn't she? I forgot about that." I smiled. Marc and Lindsay had been married for about as long as Taylor and Sidney have, but they are having their first child. Over the past few years I became close to the Staal family since I always seem to run into them when I came to Pittsburgh. I even went down to Raleigh with Taylor one time when the Pens were playing the Canes and Linda and Henry had been there.

Marc smiled, the same smile Sidney wore whenever he spoke about the Stephanie and Taylor. "Yep, about a month left. We're both excited and nervous." He admitted.

"Don't worry you'll be a great father. You're wonderful with Parker and Kelsey." I told him, Kelsey was Eric and Tanya's two year old daughter.

Marc smiled again. "Thanks Mandy, we'll talk more later. I think you are wanted." He pointed over my head where Jordan was looking at me.

I hugged Marc. "Sounds good, say hey to everyone for me." With one last wave, I made my way over to Jordan. "Hey."

"I'm sorry."

He was sorry? For what? For kissing me or for getting caught? I opened my mouth to ask him what he meant, but didn't get a chance to ask because Jordan was approached by reporters. I quickly tried to make my escape, but Jordan quickly wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into his side. I looked up at him confused, but his eyes said the same thing his body did. He wanted me to stay. So I smiled and stood by his side as he answered question after question about the season, the game, his goal, the team. Finally the question I knew both of us were waiting for was asked.

"We're dying to know, Jordan. Who is this lovely lady by your side here?" The FOX sports reporter asked, glancing at me.

I turned my attention to Jordan along with the other reports. Jordan cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck. He was nervous. I was too, what was I to him? His friend? His captain's sister-in-law? His friend's little sister? Silently I waited for his answer.

Finally he opened his mouth. "This is Amanda, she's Sidney's sister-in-law..." He paused and I tried to keep my smile from faltering he looked down at me. "and she's my girlfriend."
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited