Status: Complete

Accidentally In Love

CHAPTER TWO

Jordan couldn't breathe. She was here, he got to see her after three months of just talking on the phone and through texts. The smile she gave him when she spotted him on the ice almost knocked him to his knees. He missed her.

"Jordan, head in the game." Sidney said as the team skated off the ice and back to the locker room.

Jordan gave his captain and best friend a tight nod and tried, but failed to push all thoughts of the beautiful brunette that was cheering for him in the stands, in his jersey. As Dan spoke about the other team's weak spots, Jordan ran power play drills and penalty kill plays, anything to get his head into the game and out of the clouds, but he couldn't do it.

Jordan looked around the room and caught Sidney's attention. He was a bit surprise that Sidney came over to talk to him because once Sid was in the game mindset, it took a lot to take him out of it.

"What's wrong Jordan?" He asked quietly, taking a seat next to him.

"How do you do it?" Jordan asked with a sigh. "How do you focus on the game when you know that the girl you love is in the stands cheering you on?" Jordan didn't care that he just told Sidney that he was in love with his sister-in-law. He should already know it by now.

"You get use to it." Sidney smiled. "At first it's overwhelming because you have no control over how crazy it makes you. My advice, just feed off those feelings. Work really hard to impress her, make her proud. Hell, even after four years of marriage I still get like that and I work to impress Taylor." He smiled again. "Does she know?" He asked, referring to Jordan's feelings about Mandy.

Jordan smiled slightly. "No."

"Well, I think you should tell her. And don't worry about Tay, she knew years ago that there was no stopping it. That it was bound to happen."

"Thanks Sid."

"Anytime Jordan, now get your head in the game. We need it there." He smiled before walking back to his stall.

By the drop of the puck, Jordan was in the game. He was determined to do well in the game. The Cup was at stake here, he didn't want to live through another 2008 or 2012.

Sixty minutes later the horn sounded and the place went nuts. They did it, they won the Stanley Cup. As the team celebrated, Jordan let his eyes wonder to the stands. Instantly he found who he was looking for and he couldn't stop the smile that grew on his face as he watched Mandy jumping up and down with a huge smile on her face. She was there for him. He continued to celebrate with the team before going to shake the other team's hands.

Finally the Cup was brought out on the ice and as Sidney lifted it over his head the arena went crazy. Jordan knew that Taylor was more than proud of Sidney and it made him wonder if Mandy was proud. Suddenly he was nervous again. He was going to get to talk to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited