Status: Complete

Accidentally In Love

CHAPTER FIVE

It’s been a week since the Penguins won the Stanley Cup and Jordan asked me to be his girlfriend. In that week I got so much exposure to the media and hockey world. I rode with Jordan, Sidney, Taylor, and Stephanie during the parade and every once in a while he would lean over and kiss me, much like Sidney did to Taylor. There were other events and things I went to with the team and it was the same thing, he would have an arm wrapped around me whenever he could. Not that it bothered me at all. What bothered me were the fan girls. I got dirty looks and comments as I walked through the city with my sister or Jordan. I knew way before I developed serious feelings for Jordan what the wives and girlfriends of hockey players went through, but I never really understood what they dealt with. Until now. I wasn’t worried about it though, just annoyed.
What I was worried about was this summer. Soon everyone would be going their own ways, going back to their homes. Sidney and Taylor weren’t going away for long, they were going to spend a couple of weeks in Cole Harbour and then they were going to visit my parents. I was planning on staying here, but like I said, most of the guys would be going home so I was going to be alone. I knew Jordan was going home, but I wasn’t sure when, so I was going to make the most of the time we had together.
“Hey Man,” Taylor called, causing me to jump. “Sorry,” she smiled. “I was wondering if you would mind watching Stephanie tonight? Sidney and I just got invited to join Mario and Natalie at a fundraiser dinner for the Children’s Hospital.”
I turned from the window and smiled at my sister. “No problem. I was going to just hang out with Jordan, but I don’t think he’d mind coming over here.” I smiled at her again and took in her. It was a floor length[url =http://www.ring-wedding.org/2011/01/21/teal-prom-dressesdress] gown[/url] that hugged her perfectly and showed off her little baby bump. It was cute. “I like that dress. It looks good on you.”
She smiled and looked down at the dress. “Thanks, I had this for a while. And thanks for baby-sitting. I know you’d rather be out with Jordy.”
“It’s no problem at all. I’ll always watch Steph, unless I have like major plans. You don’t mind if I invite Jordan over do you?” I didn’t think she would, but I was watching her daughter, so she might have a problem with my boyfriend over.

She shook her head. “Not at all, Stephanie loves him.”

“Okay.” I smiled. When she walked out of my room, I grabbed my phone.

To: Jordan
Change of plans. I have to watch Steph. You can join if you want?
While I waited for a response, I slipped out of my jeans and put on some sweats and then took my contacts out, slipping my glasses on.
My phone chimed from my bed and I dove across it to grab it.
From: Jordan
okay, I don’t mind coming over. Pizza and movies sound good?
To: Jordan
Sounds good! I’m going to go put one in for Steph now that way she’ll go to bed easier.

I made my way downstairs, where Sidney was putting Cinderella in for Stephanie. “She’s already has gotten her bath and she has her milk, so she should crash in half an hour or so.” He said walking to the mirror and fixing his tie. “We should be home around ten or eleven, you have our numbers if you need to get a hold of us. Mario’s is on the-”
“Sid,” I cut him off with a chuckle. “I know, don’t worry. Everything will be fine.”
He smiled at me and placed a kiss on my forehead. “I know, but it’s not every day Taylor and I get a night out to ourselves. I’m not use to leaving Steph.” he blushed.
I smiled at him. “Don’t worry about her, she’ll be fine. Just have fun with your wife. These times are numbered now that she’s pregnant again. It won’t be long until there’s another baby crying at night.” I winked.
Sidney beamed. “I know. Have fun with Jordan tonight.”
“Will do.” I smiled. Just then my phone went off. “Speak of the devil.” I smiled and flipped open the key board.
From: Jordan
Just picked up the pizza, be over soon. =)
“Let’s go Sid! We’re going to be late.” Taylor called from the living room.
Sidney rolled his eyes and placed a kiss on top of Stephanie’s head. “Steph, be good for aunt Mandy and Jordan tonight, eh?”

Stephanie simply looked at her father and rolled her eyes much like Sidney did seconds ago. I tried to cover my laughter with a cough, but didn’t succeed. With a final kiss Sidney and Taylor were out the door. I was expecting Stephanie to start freaking out, but she wasn’t fazed at all. She quietly sat on the couch, drinking her milk, and watched the Fairy Godmother turn the pumpkin into a carriage. I sat down next to her and watched too, waiting for Jordan to arrive.

“Are you excited to see Nana and Papa this summer?” I asked Stephanie, referring to Troy and Trina.

She smiled at me. “Yes then I see grandma and grandpa.” Meaning mine and Taylor’s parents.

“Yes you will. You’re going to have a fun summer.” I smiled.

Five minutes later there was a knock at the door. “Who’s that?” Stephanie asked, looking up at me.

“It’s just Jordan, he come over to keep me company when you to bed.” I smiled and kissed her forehead. I got up and opened the door and smiled when I noticed that Jordan was dressed pretty much the same way I was. Sweats and a Penguins shirt, though he pulled off the sweats way better than I did. “Hey.”

“Hey yourself.” He smiled stepping into the house and placed a kiss on my lips. “How was your day?”

“It was good, got some shopping done. Ohmygosh, I got the cutest outfit for Marc and Lindsay’s baby.” I gushed, causing Jordan to laugh.

“Well they’ll like that. You’re coming to New York with me when it's born, right?” He asked, placing the pizza on the kitchen table.

“Do you want me to?” This was news to me, me going to New York with him.

Jordan came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. “Of course I want you to. So does Marc and Lindsay."

He was quite for a minute. When he spoke it was just a whisper. “Then I was thinking you could come home with me?”

I spun around to face him. I didn’t say a word, I just looked at him. Go with him? To Thunder Bay? Everything in me was screaming yes, including my heart. So why was I just standing there? Stuck between him and the counter. The silence stretched on as I continued to ponder going with him. If I didn’t go then I wouldn't get to see him until he got back to Pittsburgh in late August and by then I’d be moving into my dorm. If I didn’t go with him I’d be all alone in this large house for an unknown amount of time. If I did go with him I’d be with him for a while, possibly all summer. If I went with him, I wouldn’t be alone.

The pros were out weighing the cons in this situation. “Go with you to Thunder Bay?” I asked just as quietly as he did. He nodded, but didn’t say anything. “For how long?” this time I looked down at our feet.

Jordan removed one of his arms from around my waist and moved to lift my chin to make me look at him. He smiled and placed a soft kiss on my lips. “For the entire summer. Until I have to be back in the city.” He paused. “Mandy, I want you with me. We haven’t gotten to spend a ton of time together during the season or summer because you were usually busy and I was in Canada. Plus my parents would love to see you for more than a couple of hours every once in a while. They love you. And the girls will be there too…well you knew Lindsay and Tanya would be there, but Megs will be too.”

I smiled at him, he just was so… well, not perfect, I knew him well enough to know that, but he was so sweet. “Of course I’ll go home with you.” I kissed him. “Are Marc and Lindsay really going to go to Thunder Bay after having a baby?” I asked.

“Yeah, but I don’t think right away. Mom and dad would kill him if he didn’t come home for just a little bit.” Jordan chuckled.

“Alright then, I’m going to Thunder Bay.” I smiled. Jordan smiled as well and kissed me again.

I checked on Stephanie and then went to the dining room to have dinner with Jordan. He told me about Thunder Bay and I told him about how school had gone. I decided this was a good time to tell him where I’d be spending my junior year.

“So, about next school year.” I said, taking a sip of my soda. “How would you feel about me staying here?”

Jordan choked on his bite of pizza. After he took a swig of his beer was he finally able to speak. With a smile on his face. “You serious? Of course I’d love for you to stay here, but what happened to Virginia Tech?”

I shrugged. “I just didn’t love it. Plus here I have tons of friends, family, and I already have a roommate.” I smiled.

“You do? Who? Wait, where are you going?” He asked.

“Yes I do. I’ll be going to Robert Morris with Taylor.”

Jordan got up and pulled me to my feet and into a hug. “Mandy, that’s wonderful. I couldn’t be any happier.” He said seriously. He started down at me for a little bit before connecting our lips. Instantly butterflies filled my already full stomach and my pulse raced through my body. I didn’t care that I could taste the bitter taste of beer in the kiss, I just kissed him back. The sound of tiny footsteps broke us apart. I turned to find Stephanie standing in the door way, rubbing her eyes.

“Auntie Mandy, I’m tired.” She whined, still rubbing her eyes.

I smiled and scooped her into my arms. “Alrighty then, let’s put you to bed. Want to say goodnight to Jordan?” I asked walking towards the six foot four blond, who was smiling down at us.

“Night, Steph,” He smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead. I felt my stomach tighten at the gesture. Normally someone, a guy, doing that would have no effect on me. I wasn’t Taylor who, growing up, would melt at the sight of a baby. But seeing Jordan do that was different.

“Night Jordy.” She yawned, resting her head on my shoulder.

“I’ll be right back.” I told him.

Five minutes later Stephanie was sound asleep and I was heading back downstairs. Jordan had put the remaining pizza in the fridge and cleaned up the dining room. When I found him he was laying on the couch watching a re-run of HBO’s 24/7 documentary they did on the Penguins and the Capitals leading up to the 2011 Winter Classic. I turned the lights off and sat next to him, resting my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me tighter into his side. I smiled up at him and he smiled back at me.

I looked at the tv and smiled when I saw Jordan in Dan’s office. “When I first saw this and I saw that look you gave those two, I wanted to know what was going through your mind. Because from the look of that look it seemed to me that you were cursing them to Hell and back.” I chuckled.

I felt his body shake with laugher. “Yeah I pretty much was. I was ready to play that game, I wanted to play.” He spoke through clenched teeth.

I placed a hand on his chest, trying to calm him down. “Easy Jord, that was four years ago. It’s way in the past.” I shook my head.

That season was a hard one. Jordan finally was put in the line up on the day of the Classic, his first game back since his foot injury from the 2010 Stanley Cup playoffs against the Montreal Canadiens and after his accidental broken hand. The Winter Classic was also a bad game for Sidney and my sister. They were engaged at the time and Sidney suffered his first career concussion. It knocked him out the entire season and post season.

Not only was Sidney out of the lineup, but in February Evgeni was sidelined with a torn ACL and had to have surgery to repair it. The team also went through so many injuries and suspensions it was crazy. But Jordan led that team through all that and the post season. Now people would argue with me that it wasn’t just Jordan and I’d agree with them one hundred percent, it was a team effort. But Jordan stepped up and to control of the team in Sidney’s and Geno’s absence. We all knew that and so did Sid, and he couldn’t have been more proud of his best friend and neither could I.

Jordan poked my side. “What are you thinking about?” he whispered.

“The 2010-2011 season and how proud of you we all were, including me.” I smiled.

Jordan smiled at me. “You’re amazing, you know that?”

I nodded my head, but didn’t answer. I was falling asleep curled up with him. We sat in silence and watched the rest of the documentary, well I think Jordan did. I ended up falling asleep. I woke up hours later, still on the couch and still curled up with Jordan. I looked at the clock below the TV and saw that it was three in the morning. With a groan I sat up and woke Jordan up.

“What?” He growled.

I yawned. “We fell asleep on the couch. I don’t know about you, but I’m sore. Let’s go to my room.” I grabbed his hand and lead him to my room. As soon as we both hit the pillows were asleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited