Status: Complete

Accidentally In Love

CHAPTER SIX

Two Weeks Later
It was a beautiful summer day in Pittsburgh and we were all at Kris and his girlfriend, Kaitlynn's house for a barbeque before everyone started going their separate ways for the summer. Everyone was there including the Bylsma family, the Lemuiexs, and even Ray Shero and his family came out for it.
Everyone was having a great time, hanging out with friends. I was sitting with Taylor and Vero talking about the summer and Marc and Vero's wedding plans.

"I'm glad Flower finally grew a pair and asked you." Taylor smiled, admiring the engagement ring.

Vero chuckled. "I know, I wasn't in any rush though. I mean we already live together."

"Yeah and have been together since the beginning of time." I teased.

Vero smiled and blushed. "Speaking of being together. I heard that Jordan finally asked you out." She giggled.

I smiled. "Yeah the night they won the Cup."

"Yeah and two weeks ago he asked her to go to Thunder Bay with him for the summer." Taylor added with a smile. "You are going right? I don't want you to be here all by yourself all summer. I'd ship you down to mom and dad." She winked.

"Yes, I'm going and maybe I can talk him into going down there when you and Sid go."

"Ask who to go where?" a familiar voice asked from behind me.

"Um, you, if you'd want to go to Virginia at some point in the summer?" I smiled up at him.

"A chance to see your parents? I wouldn't pass that up." He smiled. "Of course we can go, just tell me when." He placed a kiss on my forehead before his cell phone started ringing. "It's Marc." He said before answering. I watched him walk into the house to take the call. Was this the phone call we have been waiting for? I excused myself from the table and went to find where Jordan went.

"Are you guys leaving?" Sidney asked as I walked past him.

I shrugged, "Not sure, Jordan went inside the house to answer a phone call from Marc, I'm heading there now." I motioned behind me to the glass door.

With a nod Sidney threw his trash away and went to take my seat at the table. I glanced around the back yard to make sure I didn’t miss the blond giant, when I didn’t see him I stepped through the sliding glass door. The air conditioned air hit my warm skin causing goosebumps to appear. I spotted Jordan sitting on the couch still on the phone. I sat down next to him and smiled when he laced our fingers together.

“Lindsay was having contractions this morning so Marc took her to the hospital. I’m getting us a flight now.” He explained with a smile.
“ Come on, we need to leave so we can make our flight.” He stood up and pulled me up with him. He didn’t let go of my hand as we walked outside to say goodbye to everyone. This was the last time we were going to see everyone until next season, so there were tears as I said goodbye to my friends.

“If you get bored with Staalsy, you know where to find me.” Max winked when he gave me a hug. I shook my head and hugged him back. Six years ago if you told me that I was going to be best friends with my favorite hockey player, I would have told you only in my dreams. Needless to say I still couldn’t believe that I knew the entire Pittsburgh Penguins team for the past six years.

“I’m going to see you next season right?” I asked, slightly afraid. We got lucky in 2011, Shero offered Max a four year contract extension and he gladly accepted, but we weren’t sure if he was going to get another extension this season.

He kissed my cheek. “Don’t worry about that mon ami. You’ll be the first to know what’s going on.”

I couldn’t fight the tears anymore. “I’ll miss you Max.” I hugged him tight.

Max hugged me back just as tight. “I’ll miss you too Mandy, but don’t worry about that right now.” He whispered.

I nodded and pulled away. “Call me, text me, Skype me, you know the drill.” I kissed his cheek before going to find Kris and Marc-Andre. Marc got a two year contract extension so I knew I was going to see him again next season, but much like Max, we didn’t know if Kris was coming back.

“Tanger, thanks for having me over.” I smiled and gave him a hug. “Same thing I told Max, call me, text me, Skype me. I’m going to miss you.”

“Don’t worry Mandy, I ‘aven’t told anyone else, but they already are talking to me about an extension.” He smiled and I squealed. “I promise to tell you when everything is final.”

“Okay good.” I smiled and gave him another hug, then turned to Marc. “Flower, don’t drive Vero crazy this summer, okay? She’s going to be stressed out enough with the wedding planning and everything.” I smiled.

“You’re almost as bad as your sister when it comes to bossing us around.” He chuckled.

“Well with this group of boys we have to be bossy, especially with Jordan and Max. But you’re not so innocent either, you two.” I chuckled.

Marc wrapped me in a hug. “But you love us.” He smiled. “Have fun this summer with Jordan. He’s been looking forward to seeing you for a long time.” he whispered

I blushed. “Will do, you have fun this summer too. I expect to see pictures and everything from your day with the Cup. Same goes for you Kris.” I smiled. “I gotta go guys, I’ll miss you and expect to hear from me all summer.”

With one last hug, I was off and saying goodbye to my sister and Sidney. Five minutes later Jordan and I were on our way to Taylor and Sidney’s place so I could grab my things. Jordan had already packed his things in the car, anticipating our departure.

“Jord, do you want to just leave your car in the garage and we can take a cab to the airport? That way you don’t have to worry about it sitting at the airport all summer?” I suggested.

He paused by the front door and looked at me. “That’s actually a good idea. I never thought about that. They won’t mind will they?”

I shook my head. “They're driving to Cole Harbour, so the only car that will be in there will be Taylor’s. Go pull into the garage, I’ll call a cab.”

Twenty minutes later we were in the cab and on our way to the airport. The ride was pretty quiet, I was thinking about the summer. Would it be weird staying with the Staals? I was going home with him, were we that serious? I mentally shook my head. Why was I worrying about this? Jordan and I have been friends for six years. I knew his family and they knew me. It was nothing new. But you're in love with him. I sighed, I was. I just didn’t want to get too far in this and have my heart broken.

“What’s wrong?” Jordan asked quietly, taking my hand.

“Nothing.” I smiled

He smiled back and kissed my nose, causing me to giggle. “Liar. You can tell me.”

I sighed. “I’m just freaking out about the summer.” I told him.

“Why? There’s nothing to worry about. It’s not like you’re meeting my family for the first time.”

“But it will be the first time as your girlfriend.” I pointed out.

Jordan chuckled. “That doesn’t matter what so ever, Mandy. They knew it was going to happen and between you and me, my mom is already planning our wedding.”

I started at him for a long time and he stared right back at me. He lowered his head and I could feel his warm breath tickling the side of my neck. “There is nothing to worry about.” He whispered, kissing right under my ear, causing a shiver of pleasure to pass through my body.

I turned my head and captured his lips with mine. He was surprise at first, but he quickly recovered and kissed me back.

“We’re going to have fun.” He told me. “Don’t worry about anything.”

With a nod I turned my attention back out the window. You’re going to have fun. I repeated over and over. Jordan was right, this definitely not the first time I’ve been with his family. They knew me and I knew them, there was nothing to worry about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited