Status: hiatus

One Last Time

Passion In My Eyes

We were walking down the long boardwalk along the water with all of the games and activities on it. There was very little space between each station and all of them had very loud people at it racing each other or fighting to win something. In one hand I had a giant bag of cotton candy, and in the other was Zack's hand. We had just arrived, and already I had gone to the bathroom twice to pee. I'm sure that by now they all thought I had some sort of a bladder infection.

I looked at all of the colored light flashing and people eating their hearts out. Pigs. then I felt Zacky tug at my arm as we all crowded around Jimmy and Brian trying to beat each other at a dart game. They both hit one... two... three in a row and they both placed giant teddy bears in Ashley's and Ellie's arms. They both squealed in delight while Jimmy and Brian shrugged it off like it was no big deal.

"Showoffs..." Zacky muttered under his breath.

"What'd you just say?" Brian said.

"What? Oh, um, nothing!" he quickly replied.

"That's what I thought," he said smiling.

"Bri?" asked Ellie hugging her bear close to her chest, "Why did you decide that we would come to the fair today?"

"It's a long story. But you'll see why later." he said trying not to grin.

Ellie, on the other hand was trying to figure out why Brian had dragged us all here.

"FUNNEL CAKE!" we heard Johnny scream as he whipped five bucks out of his pocket and sprinted over to a white and pink striped trailer with the word Funnel Cake written all over it.

We all watched as he walked back over to us shoveling the funnel cake into his mouth like he hadn't eaten in days.

"Dude, what is wrong with you?" asked Jimmy.

"What? I like funnel cake. Leave me and my funnel cake the fuck alone, god!" he said.

We shrugged our shoulders and continued on until we came to the best part: the rides.

"AH! THE TOP SPIN!" I screamed, smiling widely, "Who's going on it with me?!"

Nobody even had to blink before we were all standing in the enormous line for the ride. The Top Spin is a ride with three horizontal rows of seats that you are strapped so tight into you can just barely breathe. It spins you forward with the beams taking you up, and then while it's doing that it's spinning the rows of seats around. It makes most people lode their lunch just looking at it.

"I waited all year for this thing to come! It's totally worth the hour drive." said Brian as the line inched forwards.

When we finally got to the gate Zacky yanked me aside.

"Ow, what the hell?" I said pissed off.

"Kat, look." he said pointing. There were three signs. I immediately saw what he was so worried about. One of the signs had a stork carrying a baby with a big red slash through it.

"Oh come on! But I'm not that far into it, it's not that big a deal right?" I whined.

"It has to deal with your hormones, organs, g-forces, and gravity." he said.

"Uh, how do you know that?" I said looking at him oddly.

"It says it on the bottom there." he said pointing.

"Hey! You guys coming?" asked Val.

"Um, I don't feel all that well. I think I'm gonna sit this one out." I said trying my hardest to look sick.

"But Kat, this is your favorite ride," said Ellie. I held my stomach and she caught on.

"Poor honey, you must still feel bad from this morning. I'll stay with you." Ava said sweetly.

Everybody else went on the ride as Ava and I sat on a bench close by. This was pretty much how the whole day went. Everybody having fun, and then taking turns to hang with me while I sulked. The only thing I could do was go in the fun houses and go on those scary haunted house rides. I felt like crying. The rides are the whole reason I came to the boardwalk.

Now it was dark, and we were racing to the beach to watch the fireworks on time. We had taken off our shoes as we ran across the sand on the beach; Zack and I, hand in hand. We were all laughing and yelling at each other to hurry up. The first firework went up. It lit up the sky, and moments later the boom echoed through our bodies and across the ocean. We all stopped and watched as the beautiful green, blue and white sparks glitter like stars in the sky. I looked around and noticed where we were. Right in front of the ferris wheel on the board walk. Zack took me closer and closer to the water until the waves went over our feet.

"Zack," I said softly, "This is where we first met,"

I looked towards the sky, the little glowing fireballs looked so pretty falling and reflecting against the waves of the ocean. I looked over at Zack. I was shocked by what he was doing. He was knelt down on one knee, with the small waves splashing against him, making his clothes wet. In his hand was a little blue box.

"I know. Kat, I love you. More than I've ever loved anyone. I thought this would be the perfect place to ask... will you marry me?"

He opened the box to reveal the most beautiful Tiffany's diamond ring I have ever seen. It was platinum, with a huge diamond in the middle. It was so simple, but so beautiful. I stood still, in amazement and shock. Zack's gorgeous face was being lit up by the white light of the fireworks, and he was flashing his pearly whites right at me. My eyes burned with tears of joy as I collided into him.

"Yes! Yes!" I said over and over again. He hugged me closely as I sobbed into his chest. I looked back at him as he slipped the ring onto my finger. I hugged him yet again, and I turned around hearing an applause. A crowd of people had gathered around us, including our friends. We stood up, and I wiped the tears from my eyes. Zack grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me into a passionate kiss.

Honestly, I don't see how this night could get any better.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, i haven't updated this in two months.
sorry it's so short...
but here you go!
xoxo