Status: InActive

Born to Be Free

02

I took in a deep breath as I walked out the back door to be met by a salty ocean smell. Adjusting my sun glasses so the sun wasn’t in my face I walked over to the my lounge chair and laid down on it as Angela came rushing out in her yellow bikini swim suit and ran over to the railing separating her from the sand and the water. Shaking my head I laid my head up against the chair and closed my eyes. I can’t believe I asked mom for Justin’s number. All for my best friend.

Angela’s Outfit

Laura’s Outfit

My phone started to vibrate on my stomach so I grabbed it and opened the text which was from Justin.

From Justin B.: Hey, I’m here.

Replying I wrote;

To Justin B.: Coming.

I quickly got up and made my way through the house to the front door. I reached for the doorknob and stopped. I took a deep breath and opened the door with a smile on my face. There in front of me was Justin Bieber. I can’t believe he actually came. Of course he would, I’m Lauren Jao’s daughter. I mentally rolled my eyes. Smiling I said, “Hey, come on in.”

Smiling his so called heart throbbing smile at me he walks slowly in, “Thanks, so where’s that friend of yours that you want me to meet?”

Chuckling silently I said, “Out back. We’re going swimming so hopefully you brought something to swim in.”

He looked at me like I was insane, “Of course. Why would I come to somewhere I know there’s going to be water and not bring swim trunks?”

I rolled my eyes, “Well, Mr. Oh So Popular, what if no one was going swimming? What would you do then?”

“I don’t know…” He said and looked away.

Shaking my head I said, “Exactly.”

We made our way back to the deck in the back where Angela was still looking out at the ocean. She had no clue what was going to happen. I leaned against the door and made a clicking sound. Angela turned around to see what I wanted and when she saw who was next to me her eyes popped open and her jaw dropped. I rolled my eyes, “Angel, close your mouth before you catch a fly.”

She snapped out of it and closed her mouth as she smiled and walked over and extended her hand, “I’m Angela.”

Justin grabbed it and they shook, “It’s nice to meet you Angela. Of course you know who I am.”

“Who wouldn’t?” She said giggling.

“Well that’s a good thing, isn’t it?” Justin said with a grin.

I rolled my eyes at that statement as I said, “And I’m Laura…”

“It’s nice to finally meet you. Your mom has been boasting about you non stop.” Justin said while rolling his eyes.

“I highly doubt that.” I said shaking my head as I walked back over to my lounge and laid down pulling my sunglasses back over my eyes.

I could see the slight frown forming on Justin’s lips as he stared at me which was making me slightly uncomfortable. I looked out at the ocean with the waves pushing it self towards us then back into the ocean. I could hear Angela and Justin talking and her giggles. Shaking my head a little I got up and walked over to the steps leading to the beach. I took a few steps down and turned to look at Angela and Justin and said, “Hey, I’m going swimming. You guy’s coming.”

“Hell yes.” Angela said excitedly as she rushed towards me and wrapped her arms around me hugging me. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her and hugged back.

She pulled away and stripped off the vest and shorts and laid them on the railing. I slowly pulled my purple off and laid it on Angela’s. I heard a Angela giggle and I looked at her, she was watching Justin take off his shirt. I let out a sigh and shook my head in disbelief. I turned back towards the water and started walking slowly towards it as I heard footsteps following.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Justin’s POV

I pulled up in front of Laura’s house and parked behind her white 2005 Honda Civic. After stopping the car I turned off the ignition and got out, walking over to the door I pulled out my cell phone. I sent a text to Laura;

To Laura Jao: Hey, I’m here.

Waiting for her to come I leaned against the wall. She wanted to surprise her best friend so she wanted me to text her rather than ring the doorbell. A couple seconds after sending the text I got a reply.

From Laura Jao: Coming.

Then the door opened. Laura had long medium brown hair with highlights in it framing her face. Matching brown eyes that didn’t show any that many emotions. She was also wearing a purple dress over what looked like a blue swimming suit. Smiling at me she said, “Hey, come on in.”

Walking in slowly as she backed up a little so I could come in I said, “Thanks, so where’s that friend of yours that you want me to meet?”

I heard her chuckle a little bit as she said, “Out back. We’re going swimming so hopefully you brought something to swim in.”

I looked at her with a duh expression as I said, “Of course. Why would I come to somewhere I know there’s going to be water and not bring swim trunks?”

Rolling her eyes she replied, “Well, Mr. Oh So Popular, what if no one was going swimming? What would you do then?”

That statement had taken me off guard a little and so I just said, “I don’t know…”

I saw her shake her head and her eyes close, when she looked back at me she said with slight humor, “Exactly.”

She then turned around and started walking away so I followed her through her house. It wasn’t that fancy. Yes she has some expensive stuff but that was all. We finally made it to an open door in the back that leaded out to a deck. There was a girl leaning on a railing facing away from us. She had medium dark brown hair and was wearing a small black vest and faded blue shorts. Her yellow bathing suit was showing. I saw movement in the corner of my eye as Laura leaned against the door and made a clicking sound. The girl turned around to look at her and then her eyes moved to me, widening in the process. Her jaw also dropping. Laura rolled her eye’s as she said, “Angel, close your mouth before you catch a fly.”

The girl Laura called Angel then snapped her mouth shut and smiled as she walked over and extended her hand as she said, “I’m Angela.”

I smiled back at her as I extended mine to shake her hand while saying, “It’s nice to meet you Angela. Of course you know who I am.”

“Who wouldn’t?” She said and giggled.

“Well that’s a good thing, isn’t it?” I said grinning.

Laura then said, “And I’m Laura…”

I looked at her as I said, “It’s nice to finally meet you. Your mom has been boasting about you non stop.”

“I highly doubt that.” Laura said as she shook her head a little and walked over to her lounge chair and laid down, pulling her sunglasses back over her eyes.

I lingered on her, wondering what was going on inside her head. She wasn’t like most the girls I’ve met. Girls either flirt, fling themselves at me, chase me, all giggly, or either don’t like me. I don’t know what she thinks of me. She doesn’t seem like she hates me nor likes me. I looked at Angela as she spoke, “Don’t worry about her. She’s usually like that around people. But once she starts to get to know that you won’t use her or start shit, she’ll open up bit by bit.”

I raised and eyebrow as I glanced back at Laura then said, “What happened to her?”

She laughed a little as she said, “People took advantage of her popularity and money. That’s all I’m going to say.”

I looked back at Laura. I know what it feels like to be used just for the money and stupid popularity. It hurts and you just want to get away from it but you can’t. The only thing is is that I don’t know how she seems to stay out of the public eye. She’s at some of the events but then seems to disappear from publicity. Nor does it seem that no one knows where she lives. I looked back at Angela and asked, “So how does she keep away from the public eye?”

She sighed and replied, “She asked the teacher’s and the staff not to tell any of the student’s. She’s known as just Laura or Lolo.”

We both looked over to see Laura get up and walk over to the steps. She took a few and then turned towards us as she said, “Hey, I’m going swimming. You guy’s coming.”

“Hell yes!” Angela said excitedly.

Angela ran over to Laura and threw her arms around her. Laura looked hesitant and wrapped her arms around Angela. She looked like she didn’t get hugged that often. The girls started to strip off there outer clothing so I slipped off my shirt. I heard giggling so I knew Angela was watching me. It couldn’t be Laura because she hardly even looked at me. Then Laura turned back around and headed for the ocean.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy chapter 2!
Comment's please.
Please tell me what you think of it so far... ^-^

--- Broken.Passion