Status: Active

My Imagination's Much Worse

I must have dragged my guts a block.

It wasn't long until the boys were on their way home. I was patiently waiting for Pete to knock on my door and be in his arms again. I looked at the clock for what seemed like the millionth time tonight. Pete told me he'd be here at 8 and it was now pushing 10 o'clock.

I laid on my couch and watched a Sex and the City marathon, playing with the P emblem on my necklace that I received for Christmas. "Come on, Pete," I said to myself, "where are you?"

As if on queue, there was a knock at the door. I don't think I've ever got up off of the couch so fast in my life.

Pete grabbed me as soon as I opened the door. "God, I missed you," he whispered in my ear as he picked me up.

I wrapped my legs around his hips and kissed him. "I missed you more, baby."

Pete carried me back into the living room, kicking the door closed behind us. He carried me into my bedroom and laid us down on the bed.

We laid there intertwined and making out. He pulled away after a few minutes and looked at me.

"is it weird that I don't even care about having sex right now? I just wanna lay here with you," he said and pulled my body close to his.

"I think that's one of the sweetest things you could have ever said," I told him with a smile.

It felt good to lay with him and barely talk. I grew tired from the rhythmic pattern of his heart beat and the rising & falling of his chest.

-

Pete's POV

She looked beautiful sleeping. I don't know how I ever let myself hurt her. I also don't know how she could ever love somebody like me.

I kept running my fingers through her hair as I was falling asleep. For the first time in weeks, I was actually feeling tired enough that my mind was actually going to rest enough to let me sleep. But it's hard to sleep when your dream is laying on your chest.

end POV

-

When I woke up, Pete was asleep on his stomach, drooling on the pillow. He looked so exhausted, it was surprising to see him asleep. I kissed his head and got out of bed quietly and walked into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I walked back into the bedroom only in a towel and saw him scratching his head. "You awake?" I asked him. He turned his head to look at me and nodded.

"What are you doing today?" He asked as he stretched.

"I'm going to a class then studying with some of my friends for a test," I told him, sitting down next to him on the bed.

"Oh, what time are you gonna be home?" He asked, rubbing my bare thigh.

I looked at the clock and saw it was 10. "I don't know. My class starts at 11:30, ends at 1:30.. So probably 4ish?" He nodded. "Why?"

"Just wondering. Do you wanna do something tonight? Like, not go out but have a date night here?" He asked with a hopeful face.

"Okay," I smiled, "that sounds good. You cooking?" He nodded. "Alright, well I gotta get ready. Go back to bed," I told him and leaned down to kiss his head.

"Good night, have fun at school," he said as he closed his eyes.

-

When I came home, Pete wasn't there to my surprise. I walked into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge,

went to the store to get stuff for tonight. be back soon.
xo, P.


I set my backpack down and went into the bathroom. I rinsed off and changed into a pair of sweats and one of Pete's shirts. When I walked back into the living room, Pete walked in carrying groceries.

"Hey, Babe," he said.

"Hey. Want some help with those?" I asked.

"Nah, I got them," he said, setting them down on the counter.

He took his jacket off and kissed me, "go relax while I make dinner."

I nodded and did what he said. After a little bit of watching TV, I got up and walked into the kitchen.

"It smells so good in here," I said and saw the spaghetti he was cooking.

"I know, I can't wait to get it," he agreed.

i looked through the grocery bag left out and saw a box of condoms in it.

"Are you doing all of this so you can get some tonight?" I laughed. Pete looked at the box in my hands and shook his head.

"No, not even!" He laughed as well. "I just knew that I only had like one left and yeah.." He blushed.

I ruffled his hair and hopped up on the counter. He stirred the pasta before standing between my legs and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I don't leave for tour until the end of April," he said randomly.

"Oh, that's good. We have two months to spend together. When's the record being released?" I asked.

"We're aiming for May and having the release date fall on the Chicago stop," he told me.

"I'm so proud of you, baby," I said, rubbing his cheeks with my thumbs.

"Why is that?" He asked, smiling.

"Because this is what you want. You're releasing a record for everyone to hear."

"I'm kinda nervous for you to hear it," He said, looking down.

"Why?" I asked, taking my hands from his face.

"Because, I wrote some shit when we broke up and I was depressed," Pete said, looking up with worried eyes.

"Oh," I said quietly.

Pete finished cooking dinner. It started bugging me about what he said. I wanna know what he wrote that he's nervous for me to hear.

"Laurennn...Lauren!" Pete said loudly causing me to snap out of my daze.

"Sorry.. what?" I asked.

"Dinner's ready. I've been trying to get your attention for a few minutes."

"Oh, sorry," I said again and walked over to the table.

We ate dinner in silence. I don't know what came over me. It's like I was scared I'd say something that would make him tick and get more upset or something.

Around 11, Pete got out of bed and started putting his clothes back on.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"There's no point in being here when you're just gonna fucking ignore me," he said harshly.

"Babe, just stay. I didn't mean to."

"Yeah, nobody ever means to," he said and walked out of my bedroom and down the hall to the door.

"Pete, I'm sorry. Stay here tonight, please," I pleaded as he slammed the front door closed.

I opened the door and followed him down the hall and grabbed his arm, "Pete, please."

He turned around and looked at me, "I just need to be alone tonight." His voice sounded raspy and like something was choking him up.

"You are alone every night, Pete. Even the nights when we're in bed together," I said, letting go of his arm and walked back to my apartment.

He just stood in the hall staring at me until I closed the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
long time, no update. sorry.