Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Flirting. And Confrontation.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I was excited about school today. We didn’t have Substance Abuse class the rest of the semester…which meant I didn’t HAVE to see Grace…Ahh! It was good to be a senior.

My car was working now, so I could drive myself to school. *I’ll miss riding with Jack.* I pulled into the parking lot and I saw Jack, still sitting in his car. I smiled in
his direction as I parked my car and we got out of our cars at the same time.

“What were you doing just sitting in your car?”

“I was waiting on you.” He smiled down at me, but I know the look on my face was quizzical. “I can’t walk in there alone, Stella. You’re the only one that would protect me from the…crazy people.”

I bursted out, laughing. I had no idea what he was talking about, but I didn’t care. He made me laugh all the time and I loved that.

I decided to play along with him. “How do I protect you?”

“Ohh. They are afraid of 18 year old girls that are adorable, short and from Tennessee. The accent that I find totally irresistible makes them shrivel.”

I laughed again, blushing. “You are silly, boy.” I sped up my walking.

But he caught up with me. “No, really. You have the sexiest voice in the world.” He whispered in my ear.

I stopped walking because my body freaked out. He realized I wasn’t behind him and he came back toward me. “Now, come on. Protect me.”

I followed him in, grabbing onto his arm as we walked in. We walked to my locker.

“Don’t you need to get your books out?” I looked at him as he looked down at me. “Well…?” I threw my book in my locker.”

“I wanted to stay with you.”

I rolled my eyes. “What are you gonna do during class? I won’t be with you then.”
He scowled and frowned, but then his face lit up.

“AHA!” He pulled out his phone. “I’ll be texting you.”

I smiled back. “Great. I won’t have to pay attention.”

Jack came closer to me and whispered so quietly that my ears had to perk up.
“I’m glad you’ll be thinking of me because all I’ll be able to think about is you.” He placed his hand on my cheek and of course, I giggled and blushed. He winked at me and walked away.

I thought my heart was going to explode. It went from 0 to 100 beats per minute and as I shut my locker, I realized that couldn’t wait on him to text me.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I didn’t know what she thought, but Stella was driving me wild. The way she looked at me made my heart beat faster and my palms sweat. *That is so clique, but it’s so true.*

Part of it may be that I’d decided to ask her to prom. I sorta had an idea, but I was still figuring it out.

I got to my first class and the teacher was just rambling on and on…

I pulled out my phone.

>Ok. This lady won’t shut the hell up.

Within a minute, Stella texted me back.

<What do you expect her to do? Just stand there and not talk?

>Yes. That would be nice…I just can’t wait until 7th period.

<Oh, me too. I’m so glad we don’t have to go to that class. YAY FREETIME!

>Haha. You’re so funny.

<Haha. I was being serious though.

We texted back and forth like that until lunch. I hated I didn’t see her in between classes, but I knew I could find her before lunch.

I walked toward her locker, turning the corner and there she was, placing her books in her locker, looking at herself in a mini-mirror.

She made me smile even when I wasn’t talking to her.

I snuck up behind her, putting my hands on her hips.

She squealed, turning around quickly. “Ohmygosh! Don’t do that! That tickled and you scared the hell out of me.”

“I can’t help that you’re ticklish. I just wanted to let you know that you look wonderful, so stop staring in that mirror.” I glanced behind her so she would know what I was talking about it.

She shook her head. “Dude, Jack. Shush.”

We started walking to the cafeteria.

“Oh, by the way, I’m sitting with Ashton today.” She looked up at me, biting her lip and I knew she was nervous.

“You gonna be alright?” I looked at her, concerned.
She looked away and shrugged, and then she looked at me quickly. It looked like
tears were forming in her eyes.

I wrapped my arms around her and she held me, too.