Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Misplaced Anger.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

What was I thinking? What the hell was I thinking? Ashton was right about one thing: Jack was a boy I knew nothing about. I mean, what would stop him from hurting me? What did he want from me? I was so stupid to trust him. Him or anyone.

I heard a rustle behind me. I turned my head quickly. It was Jack and suddenly, I was scared to death.

I stood up. “Please. Just stay over there.” My voice shook and I knew I was going to break down sometime soon.

“What happened, Stella?”

I bit my lip. “Please, Jack. Just please stay away from me. I…I don’t know you and you don’t know me. And…I don’t need to know you.” I took a deep breath and tears ran down my face.

“What are you talking about?”

I knew he was confused, but so was I.

“Look. Just don’t talk to me. I’ve been lied to so much. And I’m tired, Jack. And I don’t want you to lie to me. And I don’t want to sleep with you. I don’t want to like you, because all that ever happens is that I get used and lead on and…the guy ends up no giving a damn about me.”

Jack had walked closer to me as I spoke and he looked so pained.

“I’m not letting you hurt me first. Just go find one of those beautiful, slutty fan girls.”

“Stella, will you slow down? What are you talking about? What did Ashton say to you?” It looked like tears were welling up in his eyes.

“Shit!” I shouted. Anyone in the school could’ve heard me. I started to choke up. “I’m saying that I’m going to invest my heart into you and you’re going to screw me over. So, I’m ending it. Before it even starts.”

I stepped aside from him and walked around him. I walked into the school to grab my keys. Everything, everyone around me was crumbling.

[Jack’s P.O.V]

I stood where Stella left me, turning around when she walked past me. *What the fuck just happened?* I didn’t run after her. She was so upset and it was because she thought I would hurt her.

I leaned on the tree, putting my hands in my hair, scratching and pulling it.

What the hell did Ashton say to her?

I knew I had to find out. As I stormed into the school, the lunch bell rang to let lunch out. The halls flooded with students, but I was determined to find Ashton. I walked down the hallways, turning corners quickly.

I think I heard someone call my name, but I didn’t stop to answer. I saw Ashton closing her locker and I rushed toward her, but someone stepped in front of me.
I blinked and realized who it was: Grace. I squinted at her.

“You better not go near her.” Grace spoke quietly, but forcefully.

“What?” I spat. “Why are you even talking to me?”

“Leave her alone and maybe you and I can talk about things.”

My eyes widened. “Are you…serious?”

“Shh. Just listen. I didn’t mean for all this to happen, Jack. I didn’t. Just let me explain.” Grace spoke so softly, I could barely hear her.

“What do you have to talk about? Stella obviously cared about you. And you knew she liked Ryan. I knew something was up with you the moment I saw you.”

She started to speak, but I interrupted her. “You don’t need to talk to her or to me ever. Just leave her alone.”

I walked past her, the urge to wring her neck strong. How could she do that to her? I walked to my locker to get my keys and get the hell out of this school. I felt so hurt. And the only person that could fix that was a girl that didn’t want me speaking to her.