Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Good Friends.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I went straight home. I didn’t want to be anywhere else, but in my room, in my bed. My dad had been sent to work on a plane in New York and my mom was at work. As soon as I got to my house, I locked the door and stormed to my room.

I flopped on my bed and cried.

I cried because of Ryan and Grace, because of Jack, because I missed him and I wanted him to hold me, because he had been in my bed, because I wanted him right now.

I cried and screamed into my pillow. I was pissed because right now, at this moment, I realized that I cared about him so much.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I’d driven around everywhere. I didn’t know where to go. I couldn’t go find her. She didn’t want me…

My phone rang and vibrated. I picked it up.

<"Hello?”

>It was Alex. “Hey man. What’s up? Where are you?”

<"Nowhere,” I mumbled.

>"You just left and no one knew where you were. Just come to Rian’s, dude. Come on.” Alex knew something was wrong.

<"Ok,” I croaked. I had a huge lump in my throat. I needed my guitar.

I got to Rian’s and went straight in toward my guitar. I picked it up and started strumming.

“What happened?” Rian asked, sitting down.

I shook my head, playing a slow melody.

“She’s scared of me…can we just practice?”

Rian nodded his head and walked back to his drums. We started and I did all I could to focus on my music. I closed my eyes and felt the music.

I don’t know how long we were there, but it made me feel better. But I must have been so spaced out, I didn’t notice that Zack and Rian left.

“Jack…talk to me, bro.”

I turned my head to look at Alex. “That Ashton chick told her something that freaked her out and she doesn’t want a damn thing to do with me anymore.”

“Change her mind.”

I looked at him, confused. “What?”

“Ok, man. You know I know girls and there’s not a doubt in my mind that she doesn’t want you. Give her a reason to trust you.”

I smiled a little at him. “And you know all this, but you don’t have a girlfriend?”

Alex smirked. “Hell no. I just love to fuck around.”

I laughed at him. “You dick.”

“You know it.”

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I slept for what felt like forever. When I woke up, I had 3 texts: Grace, Jack and Kara.

Grace:
>Talked to Jack today.

*What the hell? Why did she tell me that? Why did she talk to him? What did they talk about?*

I deleted that text. *I can’t stand her.*

I deleted Jack’s too. Before I even opened it. Then I read Kara’s:

>Where ya been, girl? Call me.

I really wanted to talk to Kara so I immediately called her.

>"Hey Sweetie. How are you?”

<I rubbed my eyes. “Can I meet you somewhere?”

We ended up meeting each other at Barnes and Noble. We met in the parking lot and from the moment she saw me, she knew something was up. She looked at me, waiting for me to talk.

We sat down before I started.

“I like Jack,” I mumbled.

Kara smiled at me. “Yeah, I know.”

I looked at her, bewildered. “How…?” I trailed off.

“The way you talk about him. And the way you look at him…I’m a girl, too, Stella.”

I hid my face.

“I can’t…like him. He’s gonna hurt me. Just like Ryan.”

“How do you know that?” Kara leaned in. “Where did this come from?”

“Ashton…” I whispered.

Kara sighed. “Stella, I think you trust me because if you didn’t, you wouldn’t have wanted to talk to me.” I nodded in agreement. “You have to trust yourself though. It doesn’t matter what other people think. I think you’re just afraid to rely on people, which I can understand. But trust yourself. If you think you need to stay away from Jack, then do that.”

I sat back in my chair, pulling my hair.

“…but,” Kara started again, “tell me the truth, is that what you really want?”

I was biting my nails and I sighed before answering her.

“I’m just so afraid, but I’ve missed him all day.”

“Not every guy is like Ryan. Jack, I swear to God, is not like Ryan.”

“You know…he texted me today and I just deleted it.”

Kara smiled, shaking her head at me. “Stel, why didn’t you read it?”

I held my head down again, looking up at her through my eyelashes.

“I was afraid.”

Kara put her hand, palm up on the table. I looked at her and put my hand in hers.

“I haven’t talked to him at all. Well, since lunch. Just do me a favor. Talk to him. Don’t shut him out just yet.”

My smile started out small and ended up getting bigger.

“Ok. I can do that.”