Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Back to "Normal."

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I got inside and got hit with the 3rd degree.

“Who’s that boy?” Dad asked.

I rolled my eyes. “His name is Jack, daddy. Mom’s met him before.”

“If he hurts you like that other boy…”

“Art…be quiet. Jack is a nice boy from what I know. He came to pick her up where her car was in the shop.”

I smiled at him. “Please don’t freak on him. You scare all my friends.”

“Good,” he grumbled.

I sighed, sitting down on the couch. I opened my text from Jack.

<No. He’s just protective of me. He’s actually really sweet.

>Yeah, says the girl that’s grown up with him forever.

<Whatever. He just found out about how Ryan hurt me.

>Dammit. He’s gonna beat MY ass because of Ryan.

<No, no. I wouldn’t let him do that to you.

>Are you saying you like my face?

<You have the most wonderful face ever.

>I should have fucking kissed you.

I giggled and blushed, then ran to my room to tell Kara about the night.

*****
I woke up the next morning to a text from Jack.

>Good morning Sunnnshinne!

<Blah.

>No! Get up, best friend. This is the next to last day of school. Get up.

<Ooookayy! :)

*I can’t wait to see him at school.*

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I saw Stella get out of her car. I ran up to her and picked her up. “Stella!!!”

I heard her cracking up. “Jack!” She mocked me. “I just saw you last night.”

“I know…” I put her down. “But I still missed you.”

She just grinned at me.

It made me so happy to see her smiling. She walked next to me into the
school. “I want this day to go by as fast as possible.”

“Umm, me too. We have band practice tonight. We might get to play at the prom Saturday.”

“Really?” She looked up at me. “I bet yall are pumped about that!”

I hoped she would say something about wanting to go to the prom, but she didn’t. I walked her to her locker. I also saw Ryan walking down the hallway toward us.
I glanced at Stella. She was digging through her locker for something.
I looked back up and he was closer to us. I glared at him. *He better not come to her* At that moment, if looks could kill…

He was starting to walk past us. But when he got closer, he flipped me off. *He better keep walking.*

“Hey Stella.”

I saw her eyes widen and she didn’t move. She shut her locker and looked up at
me.

Right there, in that moment, I felt like the only person in the world.

“Come on, Jack. You need to go to your locker. You so don’t need to be late on
the second to last day.” She looked at me and I lead the way. She wrapped her arm in mine and I could feel her shaking like a leaf.

But she didn’t look back. We got to my locker and she was pulling her hair. I leaned down on my locker, beckoning her closer with my finger and I murmured in her ear.

“That. Was. Sexy. As. Hell.”

She did that confused look she always did. “I didn’t do anything,” she said, lowly.

“Whatever. Other parent of my body disagree.” I put her hand on my heart. It was pounding. “You did that to me.”

“Hey, hey, hey. Enough with the touchy-feely shit.” Alex walked up and Stella stepped back.

“Hey Alex.” She said, only slightly enthusiastic.

“Why can’t you be that nice to me, Stella?”

“Because dicks don’t have hearts,” she smirked at him.

The bell rang.

“Alright, gentledudes. I’ll see yall at lunch.” She turned and walked down the hallway.

I watched her walk away, until I saw Alex laughing at me.

“What, dude?”

“I just can’t believe it. You and Gardner.”

I started walking to class. I didn’t care to get my books. School was almost over.

“Do you forget that I’ve known you forever? I know you, bro. You’re gonna make that happen.” I stopped at my classroom. “You know I’m right.”

I couldn’t deny it. We both knew he was right.