Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Make Up.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

“Hey Jack,” I said, quietly and nervously.

“Hey. How are you?” He didn’t sound nervous at all.

“I’m pretty ok, I guess. And I’m…sorry.” I hid my face like he was there in front of me.

“It’s ok. I shouldn’t come on so strong.”

“Jack, no. No. It was nothing you did.” I paused. “Do you think I could talk to you in person?”

“Oh, sure. I’ll just come over there. If that’s cool with you.”

“Of course. I’ll be here.”

“Be there in like 10.”

I hung up and bit my lip.

*Oh gosh. I can’t believe I didn’t that. I can’t believe he’s coming over…again.*

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I went in the house to tell my mom I was going out and I went quickly to my car.
I’m sure I was speeding, but I didn’t care. Stella wanted to talk to me and that’s all that mattered.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I was sitting on my front door stoop, waiting. I saw his car turn down my road and I stood up as he pulled into the driveway. I walked to his car and stood in front of him as he got out.

“Hey,” I smiled at him, shyly.

“Hi.”

I turned and walked back to the stoop, hoping he would follow me. I sat down and he sat down beside me.

“I’m such a bitch for flipping out on you.” I was looking at the ground.

“Stel,” he started. I peeked up to look at him. “Don’t ever say that about yourself.”

I blushed, embarrassed. “But I just shouldn’t have been so mean to you. I just…” He was studying me as I continued. “Augh…Ashton told me I shouldn’t trust you. And she just made me second guess myself.” I pursed my lips, looking at Jack.

The way he was looking at me actually calmed me down. He sighed out a laugh. “Second guess?”

I nodded. “Yes. Second guess.”

He prompted me with his eyes.

“I trust you so much. And she thinks I shouldn’t. I just doubted myself.”

He turned his body toward me. “If doubting yourself makes you not want to talk to me, then yes, stop doubting yourself.”

I laughed. “I’m really sorry.”

“It’s ok.” He opened his arms to me and I leaned into him. I loved being in his arms. We pulled apart and I smiled a ‘real me’ smile.

“I love your smile,” he whispered.

I blushed. “I love…your fingers.” I pulled on his hand, touching his calloused fingers.

“I’m about to be completely honest with you.” I looked at him. His eyelids were partially closed. He opened them. “Ok.”

“I know I only didn’t talk to you for a few hours, but I missed the hell out of you.”

He leaned his forehead against mine, looking down at me. “I missed you, too.”

He was so close to me. I could feel his breath on my face and I knew I wanted to kiss him.

“Stella!”

*Dammit!*

My mom popped her head out of our other door. I heard Jack mumble “Fuck.” I hit him lightly, still looking her direction.

“It’s about time for you to come in. I’m sure Jack’s parents want him how soon, too, yes?”

“Yes ma’am.”

She nodded before stepping back inside the house.

I snickered when she was gone. “She could have heard you, Jackass.”

He was pouting. “I know, but we were this close.” He squinted, squeezing his fingers together.

“Yeah, yeah.” I took his hand as I stood up, bringing him with me. We walked to his car.

“Well, since you were honest with me, I’m gonna take a turn.”

I bit my bottom lip, smiling, pulling my hand on my cheek.

His mouth turned up into a smile. “But…I’m gonna make you wait.”

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

Stella pouted as I teased her. “Can’t I at least have a clue?”

I took her hand. “The best people will be there and you’ll be beautiful as always.”

She looked at me, so confused. “Whatever.”

I bent down, slowly kissing her cheek. “Thank you for talking to me and keepin’ it real.”

She giggled and looked to the door. Her dad was standing there. He scared the shit out of me.

“You better go.” She stepped back from me.

I got into my car, driving away as she walked toward her house.

I texted her as I drove away.

>Your dad is a beast.

I was so glad she decided to actually talk to me. It was Tuesday and I knew I was definitely going to ask her to prom, which was Saturday.