Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Invitation.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I don’t know if I’d ever felt this happy before. Well, this feeling almost matched playing shows. Stella was just smiling at me and I mirrored her.

She opened her mouth to say something, but then she thought twice about it.

“What are you thinking?” I wondered aloud.

“I…” She sighed, but started up again. “I just…feel like telling you this right now. I know it’s random, but honest. It’s honesty.”

She spoke so fast I almost couldn’t understand her.

“You can tell me anything, anytime, Stella.”

She was biting her lip and she leaned against her car again.

“This stays here. Between you and me, alright?” She said, nervously.

“Hey,” I snickered, “I can keep this as close as you want it.”

I stepped closer to her, placing my hand on her hip.

She blushed an incredible shade of pink and took my hand off her hip, just holding it. I waited patiently.

“Let’s walk to your car.” She stated.

We started walking toward it and she started speaking. “I’m only telling you this because I think you won’t make fun.”

I nodded. “I wouldn’t. I won’t.”

We made it to my car and I sat on the hood, looking up at her.

She was looking away, avoiding eye contact for a minute.

“It’s my name.”

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

“My real name isn’t Stella.” I whispered.

I was afraid to look at him because I was sure he would look confused. I just continued, looking straight at his shirt.

“My name is…Estelle Louise Gardner…” My voice trailed off.

“That’s…” Jack started. I braced myself for what he would say. “…the most elegant, beautiful name I’ve ever heard.”

I turned my eyes quickly to focus on his face. He eyes smiled when mine found his.

“Estelle…”

My name rolled off his tongue like velvet.

He shook his head. “As if it was even fucking possible.”

Question filled my eyes and then I hung my head down.

He brought his hands to my face and I knew he felt me shaking.

“You just got ten thousand times more beautiful to me.”

I looked into his eyes again. It scared me even more that I could tell he wasn’t lying.

His hands dropped to my hips again and he pulled me toward him. His hair was in his face, so I used my fingers to swipe it away. I was lost in his eyes at that moment. My hands went around his neck.

“You’re shaking.” His breath fanned against my face.

“You make me nervous.”

If he could feel my heart pounding, he might think I was about to have a heart attack.

“Honestly,” he wrapped his fingers in my belt loops, “you make me nervous, too. But it makes me want you even more.”

Our faces were inches apart. I swear I was panting.

::: “My friends say I should act my age. What’s my age again? What’s my age again?” :::

I was snapped out of the trance I was in when I heard Jack’s ringtone.

The school bell rang. We’d been outside for 50 minutes. Jack was talking to Alex.

I reminded myself to drop Alex’s phone in the toilet.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I cursed under my breath, sliding my phone open. I held it up to my ear, waiting to hear him.

>"We’re practicing at my place today.”

*Couldn’t he have just texted me this?*

<"Ok,” I sighed, “but have you even left yet?”

>He laughed. “Nah, I just wanted to cockblock you.”

He hung the phone up right after that.

“Bitch,” I mumbled.

Stella was just looking at me. “Alex?”

I nodded, pouting.

She swiped my bangs away from my eyes again, her thumb running against my jaw line.

I closed my eyes. “Damn girl. You make it so hard for me.”

She giggled. “But I’m worth it.” I looked deep into her eyes and smiled. “And…I made you smile.” She grabbed my hat, putting it on her head. She walked away, toward the school.

I ran my fingers through my hair.

*Estelle is fucking incredible.*