Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Girl Talk.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

Before the bell rang to get out of my last class, I texted Jack to remind him to get his Substance Abuse book. I want to my locker to get mine. I was putting my other things away and I heard a girl call my name. I leaned away from my locker to see Grace coming my way.

*Dammit, really?!*

“Hey, Stel.”

I obviously sighed and tried my hardest to look uninterested.

“When do you want to get together to study for our final?”

My eyes widened.

“Grace! Really? My god!”

“What? We said we were gonna study together.”

“THAT WAS BEFORE YOU STARTED DATING RYAN, GRACE!” I screeched.

Everyone in the hallway seemed to pause to stare at us.

She stared at me like she was shocked. I sighed, mad at myself for yeling…again.

“But we can still be friends.” She started, trying to convince me.

“No, Grace. We can’t. Ever. So stop.” I slammed my locker shut, breathing intensely.

Alex and Rian were the first people I saw. Alex saw me coming toward them. There was no doubt they didn’t hear me. I walked over to them.

“Woah, you ok?” Alex asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just kinda want them to both fall off the face of the earth and they won’t.”

“Well, I know Grace is a girl, but I really wish I could punch her.” Rian cracked me up.

Alex piped up. “Dude, I think she could punch harder though.”

I stood there, laughing with them until Kara came up.

“You ready to go, laday?” She hooked her arm into mine.

“Yes ma’am. I am.”

“Where are yall going?” Alex asked.

“Hmm, wherever we go,” I said seductively, “I won’t be thinking about you, Gaskarth.”

I knocked him lightly in the crotch. Then I ran down the hallway, laughing.

“Fucking bitch. I want you!” He yelled back at me.

Kara and I died laughing.

“Alex loves you to death.” She said, still giggling.

“I love him, too.” We walked to our cars. “Meet ya there!” I yelled, waving at her.

*****
We picked up my dress and I knew right then, I was choosing the right one.

The guys were practicing for Saturday, so we decided to hang out together for a while.

“Soo…I have so many things to tell you.” I looked at Kara as we walked around the mall.

“Yes you do. Start!”

I told her about the whole thing last night, him buying me ice cream, us running around the park…everything!

“Ohmygosh, girl. He totally loves you.”

I blushed. “Well, I dunno about that, but he did tell me he liked me…”

Her mouth made an ‘O’.

“When, when, when?!”

I smiled back. “At Alex’s house.”

“Shut up! He so likes you. I was totally right!”

I laughed as we walked to look for accessories.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

We’d practiced for 2 hours and we sounded awesome.

“Hell yes!” Rian yelled.

“I think we’re ready!” Alex said, putting his guitar down on his stand.

“So, Jackypoo,” Alex made a kissyface at me, “how’s Stella?”

I rolled my eyes.

“We’re good. How are you and…umm…number 618?”

He flipped me off and I returned the gesture, pulling out my phone to text Stella.

>Girly time has been FOREVER!

“Aww, are you texting her now?” Zack strummed on his bass.

“Ohmygod! Why is she such a big deal to yall?”

“You’re starting to sound like her, bro.” Rian walked over to me, patting me on
the back. “We care about her cause you do.” He walked down, off the stage and
plopped on the couch.

“Yeah, man.” Alex agreed. “We all think she’s a cool girl and we see you happy. You’re about to join Rian’s club… ‘Whipped-ville.’”

“No, you mean, ‘Wart-Free Dick-ville’.” I shoved him, laughing.

“Zack, you got a chick to come with?” I looked over to him and felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

“Eh, I’m looking…I was thinking of just picking up some girl there. You know there will be some lonely girl there and…I could use my ‘I’m in a band’ line.”

I checked my phone as Alex high fived him.

<Sorry, but I needed my Kara time. We’ll be there soon enough.

>Okey dokey. We’re at Rian’s today, ps.

<Thank you. See ya soon, Jayyy!

I smiled to myself as we walked into Rian’s house to get food.