Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Freeze Frame.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I nibbled on my lip. “You’re probably right. You should’ve done that during our ‘study session.’”

His eyes widened. “I knew you wanted it then.” He smiled and I leaned into him as he wrapped me into a hug. “Plus, you looked so damn sexy checking your
car.”

My body shook against him as I laughed.

“No really. I’m hot and bothered.”

I stepped back, gasping. “Jack!”

“What?” He laughed. “You did that.”

I just nodded my head, looking up at him. He smiled crookedly at me.

*****
I drove back to school so Jack could get his car. My heart was pounding with excitement and electricity was flowing throughout my whole body.

Jack poked fun at me because I had Hanson on my iPod.

We listened to “Mmmbop” and I giggled the whole entire way to school.

I got out of the car when we got to the school parking lot. Then I walked with Jack to his car. As I looked at him, I still had crazy butterflies and I felt like gooey mush. When he stepped closer to me, I thought I was going to turn into a puddle.

“How are you so much fun?” He breathed softly while his hands rested on my hips.

My lips quivered as they turned up into a smile. “I dunno. I’m just me.”

He smiled a wide, but soft grin. “I like that about you.”

I placed my hands on his forearms, shrugging my shoulders shyly. He snickered and I looked up at him with my curious look.

“You’re nervous.”

I nodded to agree with him, my head on his chest.

“You make me nervous…and excited.”

He held me tighter. “Well, sweetie, you better get used to this. I think I’m reluctant to let you go.”

I made both of our bodies shake as I laughed. I finally looked up at him again.

“Hey! That’s cool with me.”

He leaned down and kissed my smiling lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my fingers played with his thick, brown hair. He’d pulled me into him tightly.

This was the first time I’d ever understood why people wanted to pause certain moments in their life. This was the best moment in all my life.