Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Theme Song: Think of You-A Fine Frenzy.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

Letting go and driving away was so terribly sucky. All I wanted to do now was be with Jack or around Jack. When that wasn’t possible, I would just think about him. I would daydream about him and how happy he made me.

“Hello to you, too.”

I snapped out of my “secret garden.” My mom was talking to me and I had totally ignored her.

“Hey.” I smiled a big apologetic smile, hoping she would catch on.

She did. “How was your final today?”

I tossed my keys in a basket next to the door. “Oh, I blew it out of the water. Jack and I studied together and it really helped.”

“Oh,” she smiled at me. “You and Jack, huh?”

“Who is Jack?” My dad asked as he came walking into the den.

I sighed. “Just a friend of mine, Dad.”

*Or was Jack more than a friend?*

“Well, he better not be anything like that other boy you were friends with.”

My mind filled with memories that I hadn’t thought of in forever.

“Ohmywow, Daddy. He’s nothing like Ryan. At all. Not even a little.”

Dad walked over to kiss me, as he was getting ready to go to a meeting.

“He’d better not be.”

“It’s all good, Dad. I’ll see you later.”

As he left, I went up to my room. I hadn’t thought about Ryan in the longest time, it seemed. Ryan or Grace. It was so weird, but so great. I wasn’t incredibly hurt anymore. I mean, yes. It still hurt, but then I thought about all the things I’d gained by them getting together: amazing friends like Alex, Rian, Zack, Kara, but most of all, Jack.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

When I got home, most of my thoughts were consumed of Stella. The other thought was why I hadn’t been bothered by Alex lately. I walked into the house and my first thought was to head to the kitchen. I was starving.

“Excuse me, Mister. What a nice way to greet your mother.” My mom joked.

I smiled and walked over to her. I gave her a big hug.

“Hey Mommy!”

“Woah! You’re awfully happy.”

I stood back from her a bit. “And why do you think that?”

“Jack, I’ve known you all your life.” She looked into my eyes. “But I can’t tell if it’s about the band or that beautiful girl you brought here a while back.”

I couldn’t fight my grin. “Yeah, it’s one of them. Everything’s just going great right now, Mom.”

She smiled at me, sincerely. “I told you, sweetie. You have so much ahead of you.” She started about the kitchen. “You wanna help make dinner?”

“Of course!” I ran upstairs to grab my acoustic.

“Helping with dinner” consisted of sitting and keeping Mom company. I was just in the greatest mood. I was strumming the same tune I’d been strumming the day Stella got upset with me. Mom was clanking dishes and pans together, but she
paused for a second.

I realized things were quiet and I looked up to see her watching me.

“What’s that song about?”

I stopped, thinking about it. *What WAS the song about?*

All that came to my mind was Stella. It started out slowly, but then it progressed. It got upbeat and happy. Kinda like me and Stella.

It made me so happy to see how far we’d come.

“Stella.”

I looked up at my mom. “How’d you do that?”

She shook her head, amused. “You smiled as soon as I said her name. And Jacky. I’m your mother. I can just tell.” She ruffled my hair before walking back to
the stove.

I just smiled to myself. I really really liked Stella. A lot.