Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Flashback: Lunch Time Discussions.

[Jack's P.O.V.]

“What…what just even happened?”
Alex walked past me and I followed him. We sat down at our table. Rian was already there, eating. Alex sat down, sighing and I was looking around for that random girl.
“Ok…what’s up?” Rian looked at me and I just shrugged my shoulders.
Alex took his hands away from his face. “Captain Dickwad over here just completely cockblocked me.”
I listened like it was news to me, too.
Rian chuckled and reach over to high five me. I returned the hand slap.
“So who was it?” Rian asked. Alex sighed again. “Stella Gardner.”
My jaw dropped. “THAT’S Stella Gardner? Seriously…?”
Alex looked at me like I was an idiot. “Yeah, dude. Where have you been the past 4 years? She drives me so fucking crazy.”
Rian was just sitting on his side of the table, cracking up. “I thought you didn’t like her, man.”
“I don’t,” Alex answered, “but have you seen her? I mean, dayyumm.”
Alex and Rian’s conversation kept going, but I was in my own world.
*Why haven’t I seen her before? Or maybe I have and I just don’t remember…but there’s no way I could forget a girl like that. She was so cute and little…and that sense of humor…*

[Stella’s P.O.V.]
“It’s about time you got here, gosh.” Ashton said as I sat down.
“I’m sorry about that. I just got stopped by Gaskarth’s skanky ass.”
Ashton looked at me, harshly. She didn’t like when I cussed.
“I’m sorry, but there’s just no way to describe him any other way than that.”
Grace smiled. “That boy has had the hugest thing for you since 9th grade.” I rolled my eyes.
“Whatever. He hates me. And I sure as…HECK…hate him. I wish he would find someone else to sexually harass.”
They both giggled at that and we started talking about the stupid speech we would have to give soon in Speech class. I was totally into the conversation until my phone vibrated. I took it out of my pocket and looked to see who the text was from. It was from my UBER crush, Ryan.
>Hey Avril. Did you ever figure out why life was so complicated? 
I grinned at the text and reminded myself to text him in English. Then I got kinda frustrated at my brain. I was trying to pay attention to my friends, think about how to respond back to Ryan and trying to figure out where I’d seen that tall, brown haired boy before. That was really pestering me.
“Earth to Stella…” Grace was snapping her fingers in my face. “Hello…we’re talking to you!”
I snapped back into reality. They hated when I slipped into my ‘Secret Garden,’ as they called it.
I shook my head. “Yeah. Ok. I’m back.”
I heard a familiar snicker and turned my head…Ryan. “Wow. You’re hilarious. How do you do that?”
I blinked, confused. *What was he doing here?*
“Just a gift, I guess.” I smiled at him.
“Yeah, you are awful special.” He rolled his eyes. “This is for you, Stel.” He placed a piece of something smushed and shiny in front of me and walked away.
I picked it up. I was a huge earring that looked like it’d been run over. It had ‘I Love You’ written in cursive in the middle. *Holy crap. :D* I looked up, realizing Ashton and Grace were still there. I smiled at them and started to say something as the bell rang.
“Ohh. Saved by the bell!” I giggled and they laughed, too.
They knew me and Ryan had the weirdest friendship in the world. We flirted and acted like we hated each other all the time. I was so dysfunctional, but so us.
“See ya later, Stella. You need a ride home?” Ashton asked as we threw our trash away.
“Sure, totally! I’ll meet you at your locker.” I agreed as we separated to head to class.