Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Theme Song: Your Guardian Angel-Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

“It’s so beautiful out here. I mean, the moon is so bright.”

I heard Jack sigh. “Damn, I thought you were talking about me.”

I laughed some more, giving my tummy a workout.

“Speaking of, you look gorgeous tonight, too.” I glanced over at him. He had his arms behind his head, looking at me.

“Thank you. Thank you for all of this. I love it out here.”

While I’d been looking at the astounding sky, Jack had somehow scooted closer to me. We laid there quietly for a few moments.

“It’s so peaceful out here,” I said softly. “It’s like another world. A world where everything is calm and beautiful. I don’t think I’ve felt this calm in a long time.”

I, all of the sudden, felt bad for spouting from my “Secret Garden.”

Jack propped up on his elbows and I looked over up at him. “That is exactly how
I feel about this place. Like, exactly. Wow.” I sat up now, as he began to speak to me. “I’ve never brought anyone out here because I wanted it to be my spot. I was
afraid no one would get its perfection.”

My eyes widened a bit. “You’ve never even brought Alex out here?”

“No ma’am. I thought he just wouldn’t get it.”

“Well, what made you decide to bring me here?” I asked, curiously.

“Well,” he pulled his legs in and crossed them, making himself comfortable. “I just…thought you were special. You’ve been through a lot lately and I thought you would just appreciate it.”

I bit my lip. “Jack, that was so gracious and so thoughtful of you, but…” I paused. “But, I don’t need all of this if I have you.”

The moon lit up his face as he looked over at me.

I leaned in a bit closer to him. “You’ve been my rock the past couple of months. And I’ve been so afraid to realize that because I didn’t know whether you would leave me. But you haven’t. You’ve just let me in more and more and you’ve been there. Now…I’m afraid to let you go.”

Jack reached over and hugged me. “You’re right. I’m not going anywhere.”

He pulled back and I tried to stop the tears from welling up in my eyes. Despite all my fighting, a tear fell from my eye.

Jack caught it with his thumb. “What’s wrong?”

I tried to smile my tears away. “I just feel horrible for just not realizing how much you’ve helped me, how much you mean to me.”

Jack smiled sympathetically. “It’s better than not noticing at all.” I smiled back, laughing as more tears fell. “But you have to know now that I’m not letting you go.” His face was right in front of mine.

“I’m definitely more than ok with that,” I sniffled.

Jack gently placed his lips on mine.

Jack was mine and I was his. And I thanked God for allowing the horrible events that led up to this for happening. Without those, I’d be without Jack.