Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

The Show Goes On.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

As we walked out on stage, I heard the cheering and chattering. It totally amped me up. I grinned goofily as I put my guitar strap over my shoulder.

Alex was at his mic. “What’s up, bit…I mean, people!” He corrected himself.
Goddard told us that if were were too obscene, we were done. “We’re here to rock your prom!

Some more cheering and clapping started.

“I’m Alex.” He gestured to himself. Girls everywhere erupted, squealing and whistling at him. He just grinned at them. “To my right is my BFF, Jack.”

I blushed and nodded at the yelping crowd. I wished I could see Stella, but the lights were incredibly bright.

“To my left, the sexy, single Zachary…he’s a catch, ladies.”

Zack nodded his head, smiling and waving at the crowd.

“And the man keeping the beat, Kara’s Rian.”

I heard Kara yell, “Sexy drummer!”

Rian kicked the kick drum and counted to three to start the first half of our set.

We’d played our 1st two songs and everyone seemed to be into it.

I looked around and got a quick glimpse of Stella, looking up at the stage. I smiled back, looking back down at my guitar. I was so glad we had 2 more songs to do til our break. I wanted to hold her.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

Kara had walked over to talk to a couple of her other friends. I just stood watching the band. They were so entertaining. I knew I was lucky to know them.

“Hey Gardner.”

I turned around. Will and Neely were standing behind me.

I hadn’t seen or talked to them in forever.

“Heyy guys.” I smiled widely. “Yall look so adorable.” They were wearing matching colors.

“You look good, too, Stella. Really.” Neely smiled.

I realized how much I’d missed her. She was so cute.

“Thank you.”

“They are pretty good,” Will said about the band. “You’re all buddy-buddy with
Jack now, aren’t ya?” He jokingly teased.

I rolled my eyes, laughing. “Something like that.”

“Yeah, yeah. It’s about time!”

I hit his arm. “Shut up, Will.”

Neely shook her head at our teasing. “You seem really happy now.”

I thought about everything leading up to this moment. “Yeah. I am. I really am.”

She smiled back. “I’m so glad. You deserve it. You deserve to be happy.”

My eyes got misty. “Aww.” I reached over and hugged her. She hugged me back tightly.

“Alright, people. We’ll be back in about 30 minutes.”

The arranged music started again as we realized our hug.

“Hey. I’ll let you go, but don’t be a stranger. Please, friend?,” Neely asked.

I nodded at her. “I won’t be.”

She and Will walked away and as soon as I turned around, Jack replaced their spot. I smiled up at him.

“Heeeey.” He put his hands on my waist and I put mine around his neck. We started to sway to the tragically horrible music. He was staring into my eyes. I tried to stare back, but he was much better at that game.

A smile crept up on his face.

“What?” I asked, unable to keep a straight face.

“You were watching me.”

I rolled my eyes, smirking. “Um, no…no, I wasn’t.”

“Oh, you weren’t? You weren’t, huh?” He started to poke and tickle my side.

I moved in closer to him, giggling. “Ok, ok. I was.”

“I knew it,” he said, triumphantly.

“…But only because you have a huge, hanging booger.”

Jack swiped his nose. “Seriously? Dammit!”

I tried not to laugh, but it didn’t work. I was horrible at stifling my laughter.

He looked down at me, realizing I was kidding. “Oooh, damn girl. I’m gonna get you.”

“Stella! Stella!”

Ashton ran to me out of breath.

I stared at her because she looked crazy. “What…what’s wrong?”

She looked back and forth between me and Jack. “…Um…it can just wait.” She turned and walked away.

“Wow. That was…” I started.

“Awkward.” Jack input.

I nodded at him.

*What the hell was that about?*
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACK!
yaaaaaaaay.
hope you missed me.
hope you missed the story MORE.