Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Theme Song: Can't Stand It-Nevershoutnever!

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I breathed in Jack’s scent as he held me: sweet, but manly.

He just asked me to be his girlfriend. Holy stars!

“You look so sleepy.” Jack was lying next to me now.

I WAS really sleepy. He made me so comfortable, but I wanted to stay awake with him. I shook my head. “Uh uh. I’m not sleepy.”

He squinted his eyes. “Whatever.”

A door creaked open and got both of our attention. We stayed really still in bed. Jack didn’t look scared, but just nervous. I heard the bathroom door close.

Jack let out a breath I didn’t know he was holding in. “Maybe I should go.”

I sulked. I didn’t want him to leave, but he was right. It was late and I didn’t want to get him in trouble. “Well, if it helps, I wish you could stay.” I got out of the bed as he did, too.

We heard the bathroom door open and we stood still until the bedroom door closed.

“I wish I could, too. Your sister’s already bothering me.”

I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Be careful.” I reached up on my tiptoes to kiss him slowly and gently.

After we broke the kiss, Jack licked his lips. “You don’t make leaving easy. At all.”
I smiled sweetly. “Well, I don’t like it either, but you gots to go. I’ll see you later.”

“Of course you will.”

I opened the window for him and he crawled out with ease. I watched as he walked to his car. He looked back at me and it made me feel so special. I shut and locked the window, crawling back into my, now too empty, bed.

I fell asleep thinking about everything Jack.