Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

You're Pretty Much Worth The Pain.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I couldn’t stop thinking about Stella. I couldn’t sleep a wink. I tossed my sheets off of myself, getting out of bed, grabbing my cell phone, my acoustic and my bag. I snuck downstairs and outside to my car, taking the 25 minute drive to her house.

I brought my car to a stop, parking next to the curb, stepping out, grabbing my phone and guitar. I walked over to rest on the hood of my car as I called Stella. The phone rang 3 times before I heard her groggy voice.

“Hello?”

“Come outside,” I said, quietly; deeply. “Please.”

“Hold on,” she said, in a sleepy voice.

I hung up the phone, sliding it into my back pocket as I waited. It wasn’t 5 minutes and she was outside in a lime green tee shirt and blue cheerleading shorts.

She gingerly walked toward me. “What are you doing here? It’s 3am.” She walked close enough to me that she had to look up at me, but not too close.

Her cheek was red and swollen. My heart dropped into my stomach. “Baby…” I whispered.

Stella stood still as I stepped closer to see her cheek. As I grazed it with my thumb, she flinched when I rubbed a raw spot.

“I’m not going to let her take you from me.” Stella murmured.

I couldn’t help grinning at that. “I’m not going anyway. I’m so sorry about that. All of it. I shouldn’t have event talked to her.”

“You’re right. You shouldn’t have.” She agreed.

I walked closer to her again. “Forgive me?”

Stella grinned a little grin. “You know I was fully prepared to murder her ass, don’t you? I totally forgive you.”

I wrapped my arms around her.

“Ow, ow. Not too tight.” She moaned.

I loosened my grip quickly. “Sorry.”

“You’re pretty much worth the pain, Barakat.”

I stood back from her, laughing.

“Why’d you bring your guitar?” Her eyes moved to the hood of my car.

I rubbed my back of my neck, nervously. “Well…I thought that you might not want to talk to me, so I was gonna play for you. Something. Anything.”

Stella leaned against me. “Ohmygosh. I like you so much.”

I found her hand with mine, intertwining our fingers, kissing the top of her head. “Ya know, I got something for you.”

“Yeah?”

“Uh huh.” I led her to the side of the car. Releasing her hand, I opened the passenger side door, reaching in the side to grab the small bag. I came out, gently shutting the door, leaning on it as I handed the bag to her.

Her eyes flashed up at me, before taking the bag. She slowly peeked inside of it, sticking her hand inside. She pulled out the blue fabric. I took the bag from her so that she could unfold it.

“Oh, Jack!” She unfolding the shirt, seeing that it was Alice in Wonderland. The shirt said, “A Merry Merry Unbirthday To You!”

Her jaw was hanging open and I smiled at her amazement. “Hold on. There’s one more thing.”

Out of the bag, I pulled out a simple, light blue bracelet that had “Curiouser and Curiouser” engraved with little letters on it.

“Jack Barakat!” She jumped, wrapping her arms around my neck and I gently held her waist. “Thank you so much, baby.”

“You’re welcome. I just knew that you loved Alice.”

She released her grip around my neck, kissing me. “Can you just stay here forever?”

“I wish.” My body shook as I laughed. “But I tell you what I can do?”

She pulled away to look at me. I slid past her toward the hood of my car. I took my guitar down. Stella walked over and I moved to the grass, sitting down. Stella sat next to me, leaning her head on my shoulder. I gently strummed the tune that was inspired by her.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments make my heart go pitter patter.