Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Theme Song: Best I Ever Had-Drake.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

My parents heard about the fight and sent me to my room as I got home. My dad seemed impressed, but my mom wasn’t happy at all. When I headed to my room, I didn’t turn on the TV or check my phone. I’d pretty much grounded myself.
I was lying on my bed and I turned my head over to rest it on the pillow. The right side of my face was sore and I knew I would have a bruise in the morning. I readjusted my body to rest on the left side, trying to avoid thoughts of the day. I didn’t want to cry. I hate crying.

There was a knock on my door, startling me. As it opened, I turned my head to see that it wasn’t my parents, but Rose. She had a bag of ice in her head.

“You might need this for your face,” she whispered, walking over with the blue bag.

I sat up, crossing my legs Indian-style, reaching for the bag, wincing when the coldness hit my face.

We were quiet for a second or two.

“Thanks for the nice welcome home,” Rose half-smiled, joking.

I bit my lip, trying to hold back the on-coming tears.

Rose knew me too well, so even when I tried to smirk, she knew I was hiding something. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.”

I tried to say that I was OK, but my eyes pooled with more tears and a huge lump stuck in my throat.

Rose walked in front of me, trying to look me in the eyes. “What happened, Stel?”

I busted into tears as Rose sat down and put her arms around my shoulders.

After I got most of my upset tears out, I started to talk. “Grace tries to take everything from me. Everything was perfect until I knew her.” I proceeded to tell her about how the fight started.

“Oh, Stella.” She looked sad, making me sadder.

“I know I shouldn’t have gone after her, but I just exploded. And I haven’t talked to Jack yet. Since.”

Rose spoke lowly, in a serious tone. “He means a lot to you, doesn’t he?”

I got teary-eyed again. “So much, Rose. More than Ryan ever did. And I thought I LOVED Ryan. But Grace keeps…” I paused to keep myself from cussing. “…getting in the way. Trying to take everything from me. And I’ve tried ignoring her, telling her to leave me alone…nothing works. But I’m not about to just let her have him. Not Jack.”

Rose had a surprised look on her face. “Yeah. I’ve got to meet this guy that has my little sister fighting for him.”

I smiled, laughing, but quickly winced from the pain in my eye and cheek. “You’ll get to. He’s…AGH! So hot and cute and funny and silly. The best ever.”

Rose nodded. “I’ll be the judge of that. Now, lie down and rest. And make sure you keep that ice on your cheek.”

I slowly laid back down and Rose kissed my forehead before leaving.