Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Graduation Day.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

“You got your gown?” Mom hollered at me.

“They kept it at school, Mom.” I rolled my eyes to myself as I finished putting my makeup on in the mirror. I grabbed my black heels, sliding them on, before looking at myself in the full length mirror.

I was wearing my favorite knee-length black dress with white flower imprints.

“You look great, sister.” Rose said from behind me. I smiled a thank you.

“Come on, Estelle! We need to get going!”

I turned, trampling down the stairs behind Rose. My mom and dad were really dressed up. They look awesome, like an old school couple. My dad opened the door, letting us all fold out before he shut and locked the door. As I sat in the backseat, I thought to myself.

*This is it. The most important day of my life.*

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I walked down the school hallway toward the library. Our graduation gowns were hanging in there for us and that’s also where we would all meet together to walk to the auditorium. For the last time. When I walked in, I saw a lot of people bunched up together, taking pictures. I heard a familiar giggle and walked toward it.

I wrapped my arms around Stel’s waist and whispered in her ear, “We finally made it!” I smiled up at Rian and Kara.

Stella’s body shook, startled and she turned around to face me. “Yeah we did, baby. How are you?”

“Very excited!”

“Guys!” A teacher yelled from the front of the room. “I need all the guys to line up to get their gowns.”

I let go of Stella to walk to the line. Rian stood behind me. “Where the hell is Alex?” He wondered aloud.

“Hm?” I squeezed my eyebrows together. I pulled out my phone to text him, but before I could, I saw him stroll in with a girl under his arm. “Oh, he’s definitely here now.”

I was next in line. “Here you go, Mr. Barakat. Just leave the bag somewhere that you can find it after the program.”

I walked out of the line to step into the gown.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

Kara and I stood, waiting for our turn to get our gowns. I looked up at exactly the wrong time and Ryan was a couple feet in front of me. He nodded at me, slightly and then he shot over a sympathetic grin. Our line moved so I didn’t have to turn to avoid his gaze.

*Today is a not a day for this mess.*

I smiled as we got closer to the front of the line.

*****

We stood outside the auditorium, waiting for our class song to start. I looked up at Alex, who was standing next to me.

“You ready, Garden?”

I shook my head a little. “I guess I have to be?”

He held his hand out to me. We were to hold hands as we all walked in to our sections.

I took his hand and he squeezed it gently. “Well, I got ya. I’ll be right next to ya the whole time.”

I smiled at him as I reached for the girl’s hand that was in front of me.