Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Jealousy?

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I leaned in to look at Stella. She looked happy and nervous.

Then I looked at Alex. The way he looked at her…I didn’t like it.

I wanted to go over and yank his hand from hers. He was giving her…that look…
Alex likes Stella.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

In a blink of an eye, it was done.

“Congratulations, Class of 2006.” Mr. Goddard shouted into the mic.

The whole class stood up, yelling and cheering, throwing our caps in the air. I did the same, looking around, smiling at everyone. I turned to Alex.

“We did it!” I grinned at him.

He reached in to hug me tightly. “Yeah, we did. Woohoo!!”

After we calmed down a bit, we did as we rehearsed, which was to walk back to the library. We walked out of the auditorium, holding hands again. But as soon as we got into the lobby, Alex and I stopped, waiting and looking for Jack, Kara and Rian.

Rian and Kara got out before we did, but as soon as I saw them, I ran to them, hugging Kara tightly. Alex gave Rian that weird man-hug thing. Then I saw Jack walk out of the door. I skipped to him.

“JACK!” I wrapped my arms, as firmly as I could, around him.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

My heart pounded as Stella smiled and ran to me. I hugged her back, kissing the top of her head.

One of the teachers wrangled us up, telling us to keep going to the library.

I slid my fingers into Stella’s as we kept walking. She leaned into me and I looked down at her. When she looked up at me, I winked at her, smiling as she blushed. I always thought that was so cute. We released hands as we got to the library.

“Can you unzip me?” Stella asked, looking over her shoulder.

*If she didn’t stop, I was gonna ravage her.*

I shook my head at her, reaching over to pull her zipper down. As I did, I lean down to mumble in her ear. “Why do you always have to look so damn sexy?”

She giggled, looking away from me. “Jaaaack…”

Rian came over In front of Stella. “We did it, girlie!” Stella reached up on her tiptoes to hug him.

Alex came over to high five me. I returned the gesture. “Look at us, man! High school graduates.” He said, excitedly.

“I know, man!”

Rian had his arm around Stella. “We have to go out tonight.”

“Oh! Would yall like to go out with me and my sister?” Stella spoke up.

Alex jumped in before she even finished speaking. “I do! Two Gardner sisters! Sounds like a dream come true to me.”

I seethed.

*I don’t like how he is with Stella. But why do I feel like this?*

I came out of my thoughts with Stella’s beautiful brown eyes on me.

I had nothing to worry about.