Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

The Dreaded Questions.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I sat in the passenger seat of Rose’s car, both of us singing along with the radio.

The song ended and Rose started switching the stations.

“I didn’t miss this about riding with you.” I laughed.

“Well, plug my iPod in, jerk.” She teased.

After 3 commercial-free songs later, we pulled into Chili’s. We walked inside to the hostess’ stand and I told her we need a table for 7. She had me that buzzer that would alert me when our table was ready.

I walked back outside to sit on a bench next to Rose. “So, when’s your boyfriend getting her?” Rose nudged me playfully.

I just giggled and blush, shrugging slightly.

She gasped, leaning away from me. “He’s your boyfriend?!” I smiled with my head down, but then turned to see her face. “Oh, hell yeah. I HAVE to meet him. He better be ah-maz-ing.”

“Please please plllllllease be nice to be him. He’s so sweet.”

I saw Alex’s car pull in, then Jack’s, then Rian’s. My cheeks got warm and my heart started beating faster. When they all parked and got out of their cars, my heart beat a little faster. When Jack started walking toward us, I was surprised Rose couldn’t hear it beating. Jack did that hot smirk as he walked with the guys and Kara. His eyes were completely on me.

“Hi guys.” I walked over to hug Kara.

“You’re shaking like a leaf,” she whispered.

I stood back from her, smiling pathetically. “Ok, Rose. This is Kara.” I pointed to Kara and Rose waved and smiled. Then I pointed at Rian. Then down the line. “Rian, who is Kara’s boyfriend, Zachary, Jack and Alex.” They all waved politely at Rose, but I could have sworn Alex was looking both Rose and me, up and down.

“Nice to meet yall. I’ve honestly heard so much about yall. And the band.”

I bit my lip, nervously, hoping Rose wouldn’t say or do anything to embarrassing.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

Rose definitely kept her eyes on me. She was a beautiful girl, with features like Stella’s, but they didn’t act much alike. Rose was very dressy and seemed very confident about herself. I looked over at Stella and I didn’t like that she seemed nervous. Her lack of confidence was just as high as Rose’s super confidence.

I made a note to myself to try to help boost Stella’s self-esteem.

Coming back to reality, Rose and Zack were talking. “Oh, when Stella found out you were here, she pretty much talked about you non-stop.”

Stella smiled bashfully and I saw the buzzer in her hand light up. When we walked inside, the hostess walked us to our table. The girls slid into the booth seats on one side: Rose on the far left, Stel in the middle and Kara on the right of Stel. Alex pretty much pushed past me to sit across from Rose. We sat in chairs. I was across from Stel. Rian was across from Kara and Zack got the head of the table.

“Aww, Zachary. You’re so far away.” Stella made a pouty face.

“I know, but I get to see everyone’s pretty faces. And I feel in control.” He snickered.

“Ok,” Rose leaned down to look down the table. “I’m gonna try to see if I remember your names.” She started with Zack. “Ok, Zack. And you’re the drummer in the band?”

“No, I’m the bass player. I do help keep the beat though.”

She winced, looking over to Rian. “Alright. So, you’re the drummer. And you’re Rian?” She asked, really hoping she was right.

“Yes ma’am.”

She smiled a big, happy smile. It was a lot like Stella’s. “Oh, I’ve got it down now. You’re Kara, Rian’s super precious girlfriend. And you’re Alex, the singer and guitar player…and that leaves the infamous Jack, guitar player.”

We all nodded as he identified us.

“Infamous, huh?” I tapped Stella’s foot, making her smile a bit. She was blushing like no one’s business. She looked up at me through her eyelashes.

“Oh, yeah. Stel’s told me so much about you…about you all.”

Stella’s eyes widened at Rose’s statement.

“So, Rose,” Alex propped his elbows on the table, “tell us about you.”

Rose smiled. “Well, when my parents and Stella moved, I decided to stay back in Tennessee. I work as a production assistant at one of the local TV stations.”

Alex shook his head, staring her up and down. Even Zack saw it and snickered about it. “That is SO interesting. Stella didn’t tell us that much about you.”

“Well, Stella didn’t tell me much about you either. She never mentioned how much of a flirt you were.”

I busted out laughing.

“Rose!” Stella shoved her.
“Well…” Rose shrugged.

Alex didn’t even seem fazed. “Well, are you single?”

Silly Alex gave it a shot.

“Ohmygod, Alex. Please stop hitting on my sister.” Stella begged.

Alex rolled his eyes as the waiter came to our table. We were all ready to order, so we ordered our food and drinks. After the waiter left, Rose started in on the questions again.

“How did yall even meet?” Rose looked around the table.

“Well,” Kara started.

“I think Jack tells this story best,” Rian interrupted her.

Rian and Zack were grinning so hard, holding in their laughter.

“Well, umm…pretty much, we had a class together and I invited her to a party we were playing at. The rest is history.” I looked away from Rose and saw the cutest, small smile on Stella’s face.

“He was just there at the right time,” she said, softly.

“And we’ve pretty much all been best friends ever since then,” Kara said.

It was true. Stella’s foot rubbed against my pant leg as our food and drinks came over.