This Is Me and You Until We've Got Nothing Left

Which came first: Music or the Misery?

Pete slept the entire afternoon, well into early morning. He woke up at 3, turning the TV on and waking me. I had rolled over onto his side and pulled his pillow over my head. I frowned when I smelt how dirty and sweaty he smelled. I sat up and rubbed my eyes; I saw the blue glow coming from down the short hall leading to the living room.

I climb out of bed and went to the living room; Pete was sitting down, looking at his phone. "Pete."

He hummed, eyes still on his phone, "Yeah?"

I went over and sat beside him, "I think you should shower."

He laughed and looked at me, "Subtle way to tell me I smell?"

"Well, you made your pillow stink. When was the last time you showered?"

"3 days ago."

I grimaced, "Ew! Pete, go take a shower."

"Why? I like being a vagrant."

"You have a girlfriend, Peter, you can't smell like a hobo."

Pete laughed and set his phone down, "Okay, okay, I'll go shower," he kissed my cheek, "For you."

"Thanks."

We both stood up, he turned the TV off and then followed me down the hall. He went into the bathroom, while I returned to the bedroom to change the sheets and pillow cases. I went and set them in the wash while he showered; I put new sheets on the bed and started to climb in when Pete called me; "Nav, c'mere!"

I sighed and started towards the bathroom; "You forgot a towel, didn't you?"

He opened the shower door and nodded, "Yeah, but grab two."

I shrugged and went back to the hall and to the tiny linen closet. I grabbed two towels and returned to the bathroom, "They're on the counter."

"Wait," he said looking at me, "Come over here."

"Do you have a mysterious bump again?" I smirked as I stepped towards him.

He lent his hand out and took a hold of my forearm, "Get in here."

"Why?" I asked with a small yawn.

"'Cause I want you to." He gave me this pout that basically showed his true intention.

I bit at my cheek and nodded; Pete let go of my arm and I undressed, tossing my pajamas on the floor. He opened the shower door more and helped me in; immediately he kissed me, pressing my back against the tiled wall, his hands roaming my body. My lips turned up against his, hands on his hips, my nails scraping mindlessly over and over his wet skin. I could feel him growing hard against my pelvis; I palmed him, causing him to groan against my mouth and pull back. He bit down on his bottom lip and stared at me with lust in his eyes; "I missed you." He muttered, shaking his shaggy hair that was a fading pink. Some of the pink dye residue was still running down his neck.

My hand went up and wiped it away, "You missed this," I told him with another smirk, "Sex."

He laughed and shook his head, "If I just missed sex I could've fucked anyone. I missed you."

He knew just the right words to send me flying high. I kissed him, rubbing his shaft slowly; he groaned again and pulled my right leg onto his hip, and then the other up too. I squealed as I broke the kiss, "Don't drop me!"

He laughed and then held onto the underside of my thighs, "I got you. You trust me?"

I trusted him and murmured so; Pete smiled and pecked my lips. My hand rubbed him again before guiding it inside of me. He hissed softly and I moaned between clenched teeth, feeling his hip thrust up quickly; I tightened my legs around his waist. Pete filled me, letting out a throaty groan and kissing me deeply.

His pace started slow, our mouths connected, our tongues danced softly, relishing this moment as the cool water splashed us. My back rubbed easily against the wall, still I felt no fear that I would get hurt, Pete had a good grip on me. I focused all my attention on him, happy to be back with him; this moment felt special.

Pete's head fell back just as his hips began to thrust harder, letting out a sharp "fuck" and a loud groan. I moved my mouth to his neck and began to suck, feeling my body tingle and hot, rushing with lust and love. I panted softly, my back and hips arching against his; the clapping sound of our wet bodies got faster and louder. Pete's nails dug into my thighs, I moaned, "Oh God." Nearly losing it.

Pete moved his right hand to grab my neck and look at me with deep, sexual lust in his eyes, "You feel so good."

My body was heating up, I couldn't speak; my eyes shut tight as my peak came quick; I came so fast and hard, nearly screaming. Pete groaned, hissing and then mumbled against my shoulder now. Less than a minute later I felt him fill me and slow his thrusts; he sighed against my neck, leaving soft open mouth kisses against my neck and collar bone. I rocked my hips against his as we slowed, earning soft pants from him and then he pulled out, setting me on my feet gently; my body swayed, still his hand was on my neck, so he pulled me into a hard passionate kiss easily.

We parted and slipped under the water; Pete's hands ran down my back, up and down. My heart slowed and I washed up; I turned back to Pete after and kissed him. He chuckled softly against mouth, and then looked at me, "I'm tired now."

"Then lets get out and go back to bed."

We got out the shower, dried off and redressed in clean pajamas. We slipped into bed with Pete holding me from behind and nuzzling his face against the crook of my neck. There was something very different about this; his being home and being with me and I wasn't sure what it was.

"I love you, Pete." I said softly.

He kissed the side of my neck, "I love you, Navy."

I shut my eyes and listened to his soft breathing, feeling it swirl around my neck before I fell asleep. He was right behind me, tightening his grip around my waist as he usually did.

I woke up a few hours later, with Pete still around my waist. I rolled over and felt his stubble on my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw he was up, but in deep thought; "Good morning." I said softly.

"Morning." He mumbled.

There was something off.

"You alright?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Dunno."

I sat up, his arms slipped away and then I rubbed my eyes, "What's wrong?"

"You know." He said blankly.

He was in one of his moods.

"Do you want me to get you anything?"

He shook his head, "Nah."

I looked at the clock, seeing it was nearly 9; "I've got to go pick up Abbey and then go grocery shopping. Do you want to come?"

Pete shook his head, "No."

"Are you sure?" I asked, "Maybe some fresh air would do you some good..."

He stared at me and then laid back, "No."

"I've got a class at 1." I told him.

"Okay."

I frowned and got up, "I'm gonna go get dressed, get Abbey and go shopping and I'll be back before I drop her off at day care and go to class."

Pete nodded and laid there.

I hated when he was in one of his depression spells; he was always such a dick. I decided not to fret, not to bug him or start an argument; I got up and dressed, "Could you wash some clothes? I really need to wash some of my underwear."

"Yeah, if I feel like it."

I bit back a remark and a roll of my eyes; I put on some wedges and grabbed my bag, "I'll see you--"

He cut me off, "Whoa," he sat up, "Where are you going dressed like that?"

I looked down at my clothes; I wore a black denim skirt that was hem just above my knees and his old Cure, Japanese Whispers shirt, "What? Do you want me to take your shirt off?"

"No, why the skirt and heels?"

"Uh, these are wedges and it's kinda hot outside." I told him.

"Change." He ordered shortly.

I looked at him as if he were truly crazy, "Excuse me? Change?"

"Yeah, change your clothes." He blinked once.

"No." I spat. "I don't need or have to."

"Change right now, you look like a fuckin' slut."

I glared at him, "Fuck you, Pete."

I started out the bedroom and went to grab my keys, but I felt him before I heard him. I had jumped in place, "Change right now."

I yanked my arm from him, "Don't grab me like that. I'm leaving."

I didn't stay to see the look on his face, I left as quick as I could, grabbing a tight grip on my keys. When I got into my car, I noticed I had sliced my thumb with my car key; "Bitch." I grumbled, sucking the cut.

I drove off, letting my little anger go away; I knew that Pete wasn't mad at me, he was just feeling down. He was always down when he came home, but this time the depression spell was quick; it usually took a few days for him to get anxious and ticked. I never knew what to do when he got that way, only that I needed to stay out of his way.

I got to my parents just as my dad came out to get the paper, "Hey." I said as I approached.

"Oh, shoot, I forgot to call you," my dad muttered as I met him on the porch, "Abbey's got a fever and I'm watching her today."

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think she's got an ear infection. I'm taking her to the pediatrician."

I sighed, "Oh, okay."

My dad looked me over, "You alright, Naomi?"

I nodded, "I cut my thumb." I lifted my thumb to show him.

He smiled, "Come in and get a band-aid."


I didn't go grocery shopping right away, I had to go meet with Babette at the usual studio. There was a new job for me, and I really needed something to get my mind off things. Babette wasn't working at the mall anymore, she worked as a personal make up artist for photographers. She made a killing, and she always told photographers about me. This latest one wasn't fully explained to me, it was a last minute thing.

I went in and spun my keys on my finger and went up to the front desk, "Hey, Alexis," I spoke to the receptionist whom I had become friendly with, "B's in, right?"

Alexis nodded, "Yep, she's in the last studio."

I thanked her and shoved my keys into my bag, following the long narrow hall. The building was small, but near empty, every step I took echoed. The studio rooms were large, everything else was small compared to it.

I knocked on the large door before stepping in; I heard Babette talking to a model, the bright mirror lights had exposed her. She saw me and waved, "Naomi!"

I waved back and headed over, "Hey!"

She ushered me into a hug as soon as we met and then she looked me over, "Pete give you that glow?" She questioned with a knowing look.

I laughed, "He did get home yesterday."

She giggled, "Well, keep up that look, there's a woman I'd like you to meet. She's an agent and manager."

"Oh, B, I don't need an agent--"

She cut me off, "She heard about you and Clandestine."

I blinked, "Pete's little clothing stuff?"

She nodded, "Yeah, she wants to help you guys market and sell."

I didn't have a reply, I just followed Babette towards a group of people chit chatting next to a catering table. A woman who looked as if she could be my mother smiled as soon as we joined them. Babette introduced us; "Mia Barnes, this is Naomi Valentino."

The woman, Mia, has beautiful dark hair and tossed it back and shook my outstretched hand, "You're even more beautiful in person."

I blushed, "Thank you."

Our palms dropped, and then Mia waved me over, away from the others, "I'd like to help you, Naomi."

"I'm really not sure how." I answered.

"I'd love to market Clandestine clothing. I see the kids are very keen on it and it's rare. Plus, Fall Out Boy is very, very popular."

"Pete...Clandestine is like a new thing, he doesn't...Well, I'm not sure how he feels about it. I don't even know why it's called Clandestine or anything." I explained in a short ramble.

"I'd like to talk to him." She said with a smile. "I wanted to talk to you first, because I've seen your pictures and with you being such a force in his life, he would consider this."

I ran my hand through my hair, "Um, okay."

"Also, Babette told me you weren't too happy about modeling."

"It's a side job, I'm in school right now."

"What're you studying?"

"Education and child development; I'm going to be an elementary school teacher."

Mia smiled, "Thats nice, really. But, in the mean time, I can help you get bigger jobs, make more money."

I exhaled, "Um, okay, I'll talk to Pete. Can I get your number?"

Mia gave me her card before I left, telling me briefly that she would be waiting to hear from me. I looked at her card and nearly memorized her number from the constant reading. I set it in my bag and went on to the grocery store; I had wondered so much about what Pete would think.

I didn't know that much about Clandestine, only that it started in the Wentz's basement. Pete bought a screen pressing machine, because everyone hated his sharpie written t-shirts, and started making Fall Out Boy and Arma Angelus t-shirts. He never really talked about it with me, but the fans loved them, and soon he started the graphics with Tim's drawing skills.

My favorite was the one he made me that said "I Killed Pete Wentz" with pink lettering. I owned a lot of the scrapped t-shirts that had spelling errors, that were too big or stained; I wore them to clean in or sleep in.

I didn't really think about Clandestine at all, because Pete dealt with it. I had helped load up their van with boxes of t-shirts and that was it. That's how close I ever got into doing anything with his clothing. I usually saw a teenager or two with a Clandestine shirt or hoodie; rarely. I saw them at shows, or at the record stores; rarely.

I wasn't sure what Pete would say, and I didn't know how to talk to him. Everything was so touchy when he was moody. I thought about talking to one of the guys and seeing if one of them could talk to him about it.

Just as I had thought that, I saw Andy Hurley shopping. He was looking at the vegetables, and hasn't noticed me. I tapped his shoulder and he looked back, "Hey, Naomi, what's up?"

"Nothing, what's up with you?"

He lifted his basket to reveal an assortment of veggies, "The store I usually go to it closed today."

"The Co-Op, right?" He nodded, "Sucks."

"It's cool, at least I got to see you." He smiled. "Where's Pete?"

"At home," I chewed at my bottom lip a moment, "Uh, Andy, you think you could talk to him?"

"Why, is something wrong?"

"Pete's already in a bad mood."

Andy frowned, "Sorry. I think it's the trip."

"To Japan?"

"New York, we're going in a few days."

I furrowed my brows, "What?"

Andy grimaced, "Did he not tell you?"

I shook my head, "N-no."

"Sorry to be the one to tell you. We're going to do a little radio thing."

"Dammit," I mumbled to myself, "Aside from that, could you talk to him? I don't know what to do."

"Yeah, sure."

Andy and I started off; "So, a radio thing?"

"A concert for the Make-A-Wish foundation. We're raising money."

I smiled, "Thats nice."

"Yeah, it was Pete's idea."

That made me smile even more, "Thats really kind of him."

"I know, the guys and I weren't sure, but he begged us."

I thought about how thoughtful Pete is and figured that I couldn't be mad at him. I knew what he was doing was a good thing and I shouldn't be upset; I knew he'd come back to me. So, I decided that I would support this and make sure he knew that I was behind him 100%.

"On second thought, Andy, I'll talk to Pete," I informed him as we made out way into a check out line. "Thanks."

"Sure, any time."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm seeing fob tonight, so I hope when I return from the high of the concert that I get a high from the comments :)
I'm on a mission to finally meet Pete Wentz tonight (he's the only one I haven't met!)

Okay, anyway, what did you guys think? This chapter is special, by the way. You'll find out sooner or later :D

xoali