This Is Me and You Until We've Got Nothing Left

My friends say they only want the best wishes for me

The next day, I had to take Vita to her first day of school. She was starting New Trier; I had reassured her that it was a good school and that she'd be fine. She would be just fine if she doesn't meet any boys like Seth.

I had a flashback of that day, and internally cringed. I saw the gym, which had been turned into a performing arts building, and I held my breath for a few moments. Reliving that day made me want to cry; sure, I thought about it every now and again, but being right near it choked me up.

"Are you okay, Naomi?" Vita asked as she fiddled with the zipper of her messenger bag.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled, "You have my number in your phone?"

"Yes." She exhaled softly, "I'll be fine." She told herself.

"Have fun," I told her, "I gave you money for lunch, didn't I?"

She nodded, "$5."

I patted her shoulder, "Good luck."

"Thanks." Vita climbed out and stood there for a moment before heading up the pathway and up the entry steps behind other kids.

I watched her disappear inside before I drove off. I had to drop Lewy off at the Wentzs' before I went to my 3 classes. I knew I would be able to pick Vita after school let out, but I still wracked my brain about being on time.

The flashback totally messed me up. I managed to push it out of my mind as I drove by turning up the radio. Lewy was in the back, snoozing; he's such a lazy baby, he sleeps when he can.

I got to the Wentzs and found Pete smoking on the porch with Andy. They were talking; Pete tossed his cigarette, stubbing it out with the tip of his sneaker; they looked at me when I walked up with Lewis; "Hey Naomi," Andy greeted me; Pete didn't say anything.

"Hey, Andy." I smiled at him.

"Look at how big Lewy is gettin'," Andy reached out for him and I happily handed him over. Andy cooed, "Hey buddy, you sleepin'?"

"He's like a sloth," I told him with a small laugh, "Are you gonna be here all day?"

"Nah, I'm gonna go to Michigan and see my mom." He relayed, "But I'll see you before we leave."

"You better," I slugged his arm playfully, "I'll see you."

I turned to Pete, "Please try and not smoke around him, okay? He has teeny little lungs, you know."

"I won't." He answered softly, looking down. "What time are you picking him up?"

I looked at my watch, "Uh, my first class is at 8:45, second is at 10:30, and my last one is at 11:45, so I'll pick him up around 12:30, I've gotta pick up Vita at 2:40 from school."

"She's going to New Trier?" I nodded. "They changed the dismissal times."

"Yeah." I said. I handed him Lewy's diaper bag: "Um, here's the diaper bag, make sure he's warm, I worry about his lungs."

"Okay, I got it." He smiled at me.

I let out a small breath, "Thanks."

I went over towards Lewy, who was still snoozing and was covered and wrapped up warmly, "Mama loves you, bubba." I kissed the top of his head, and then pulled his beanie down. "You guys take care of my baby."

"We will," Andy assured, "See ya."

"See ya." I waved to them.


My classes went by swiftly, and before I knew it I was heading off to the Wentzs. I saw that both cars were gone, so Pete or someone, was probably inside with Lewy. I parked and went up the porch and inside the house; Pandora and Hemy came running towards me, and I petted them both, "Hey guys!"

The Wentzs were taking care of Hemy for the week, just until I had everything situated with Vita. Hemy was big now, and he was gaining weight because of Andrew. He was giving him people food, so I knew I would have to bring Hemy back home with me today.

"Hello? I'm here to get Lewis." I called out.

"Up here!" I heard Pete call from upstairs.

I went up them, "Is Lewy asleep?"

"Yeah," he said as I went into his bedroom, "I fed him, changed him and then we played until he fell asleep."

I looked around, not seeing Lewy anywhere, "Where is he?"

"In my parents' room in his little bassinet thing."

I scoffed, "What for? You're suppose to watch him, Pete."

He exhaled, "I just put him in there and I knew you were coming and I wanted to talk to you."

I wanted to roll my eyes, but I didn't. "Lewis is 4 months old, Pete, he wouldn't understand what we're saying."

"I didn't want you to yell and wake him up."

"What're you gonna tell me that'll make me yell?"

He looked me over, "Not something I'd say..."

I wasn't sure where the hell he was going with this. Not until that big idiot kissed me. And dumb me didn't push him away. I think I just wanted him to show me some affection and actually care about me. I wanted someone to actually show me affection in the ways I die for.

So, I kissed back, pulling him closer to me by his shirt. Pete let out a soft moan, slipping his tongue so easily into my mouth. Not once did I protest; like I said, I wanted him, and he obviously wanted me.

He grabbed me by my belt loops and ground his hips into mine. I broke the kiss and sucked in a breath; Pete fell back on the bed, pulling me on top of him. In a matter of moments, my jeans and pullover were off; Pete's sweats were gone, revealing that he had no underwear underneath. I sort of laughed, but he didn't seem to mind it. His shirt and hoodie were flung off to the floor with the rest of the abandoned clothes.

Pete kissed down my neck, his hands wondering down to my lower half, working me up. I gritted my teeth to keep from moaning loudly. He began to whispered softly in my ear; "I want you so badly...I love you so much...you're so beautiful."

I was beyond ready to jump on him. I wanted Pete so bad, I could feel my body quiver from the want and need. Kissing him, the fire built in my belly, and I grabbed his hands, pushing and pinning them above his head, "Condoms?" I asked him.

He nudged his head to the side drawer, "I got some still in there."

I let his arms go, reach over and opened the bottom drawer. In the process of getting one, I managed to spill them all over the floor. I panted, "Fuck it."

Pete propped up on his elbows, watching me tear open the wrapper and then get the condom out. He swallowed as I deliberately rolled it over the tip slowly and down his shaft at the same pace. He growled under his breath; his hand came up to the back of my head and pulled me into a passionate, fiery kiss. His hands wondered down to my hips and pulled me forward and up; I broke the kiss to lower myself onto his cock, letting myself adjust to him before moving. Pete began to rock my hips after a moment, very impatiently; "Fuck," he hissed, "Go slow, take me deep."

I swallowed and followed his order; letting the delicious feeling overtake my body. My hands placed on his chest; my eyes shut tight, head tilted back as I rode him. I bit down hard on my lip, holding back deep moans and growls.

I was sort of lost in my head, until I heard the door open and heard Andrew come in, asking Pete why Lewy was in their parents' bedroom. I screamed and hopped off Pete; Andrew yelped and rushed out the room, slamming the door behind him. Pete was lying there, laughing; "Oh my God!" We both said.

"Oh, my God! Oh my god!" I repeated as I got up and grabbed my clothes from the floor.

"Hey, whadda doin'? We ain't finished," Pete affirmed as he continued to laugh.

"Andrew just saw me naked!" I hissed at him as I hurriedly put my clothes on, "Oh my god, I never felt so embarrassed before." I palmed my face a few times as I slipped on my socks and shoes.

"He didn't see anything."

"Yes he did!" I snapped at Pete, "I can't face him. Oh my God."

I couldn't stop saying that: "Oh my god."

"Just stay," Pete urged.

"No, you can finish yourself off." I paused before I left the room, grabbing Lewy's diaper bag.

I left the room, hoping I wouldn't run into Andrew. Lucky for me, I was able to run to their parents' bedroom and find Lewy there barely waking up. Embarrassment aside, I suddenly felt completely happy to see my son; "Hey there, baby boy! Mama missed you so much!"

Lewy smiled that toothless grin at me and giggled. I went over and picked him up, "Were you good for your stupid daddy today?"

He cooed as I kissed his face, "Ready to go pick up Aunt Vita?"

I placed him on my hip and started towards Pete's bedroom; he was sitting up with boxers on, slipping his t-shirt over his head. He looked up at me blankly, "Um, I'm gonna go now."

"Why are you so embarrassed? You act like we never had sex before." He had a smirk on his face.

"Your brother walked in on us," I muttered, "Thats what is embarrassing."

He shrugged, "Whatever you say, baby."

"I'm not your baby," I made a face at him. "Say goodbye to your real baby, Peter."

Pete stood up, making his way towards us and kissed the top of Lewy's head, "I'll see you tonight, Lewy."

"Tonight?" I questioned.

He nodded, "Yeah, why not?"

I exhaled, "Just asking."

We couldn't do anything because Vita would be there.

"I'll see you. I've gotta leave to New York the day after tomorrow for this radio show. We're debuting our next single."

"Good luck then." I smiled at him.

He leaned over and kissed me on the lips, "I'm not leaving yet. I still have to see you."

"Okay, Pete."

He let out a small laugh and waved, "See ya."

I waved Lewy's hand at Pete and went on down the stairs. I had momentarily forgotten about Andrew walking in on us, until he came back into the house with mail in his had. His eyes looked away from me, "Hey, Naomi."

"Hi, Andrew." I greeted back, blushing manically. "Where's Hemingway's leash? I'm taking him home."

"I'll get it, just hang here." He told me, eyes still adverted.

I waited for a second before Andrew came back with Hemy on his leash, "Here ya go."

"Thanks."

He hummed, "Bye, Naomi."

"Bye, Andy."


Vita spotted me just as she exited the school doors and jogged over. She slid inside, exhaled softly.

"How was it?" I asked her.

"It's was okay," she answered, "Its kinda like private school, minus the uniforms."

I began to follow the flow of traffic, "Did you have fun?"

"Yes...I met a couple of girls, they were nice to me."

I smiled, "Thats great, Vita."

"I hung out with the during lunch, some of them have the same classes as me."

"I'm so happy you had a great first day."

"Me too. I have to call mom, she'll be wondering how it went."

I kept my attention on the road as Vita talked to our mom. She sounded so happy to hear from mom, I was glad that she wasn't mad at her for making her come stay with me. As for me, I wouldn't be talking to her for awhile.

Their conversation was over by the time we got home; Vita went straight in and got started on homework in her room, while I took care of Lewy and Hemy, and then I began to cook. All was simple and quiet until Pete showed up.