This Is Me and You Until We've Got Nothing Left

I don't blame you for being you

I went to the Wentzs' to get Lewy after work; I parked out at the curb and walked up the porch and opened the door. I heard Mr. Wentz laughing in the kitchen, "Naomi?"

"Hey Mr. Wentz, how was Lewis today?" I walked into the kitchen, taking my sweater off.

"He was great," he said, pausing when I entered; I saw Pete at the counter with Lewy, feeding him, "He got even happier when Pete got here."

My brows raised at this, "What the heck are you doing here?"

He smiled, "They told me to go home for a week to get my head straight."

"Oh, that's..." I was at a loss, "Lewy'll be happy to have you around."

"Mama, hi!" Lewy said to me.

I went over and kissed his cheek, "Hi baby. I missed you today. I thought about you all day long!"

Lewy just giggled; I picked him up and kissed him again, "Were you good today?"

"He was great," Pete answered, "How was...work?" He looked as if he didn't know what to say.

"It was good. The kids are awesome," I told him.

"Are you goin' home?" Mr. Wentz asked me.

"Uh, yeah. Do you want me to stay?"

He smiled, shaking his head, "No, I needed to head out to meet a client, so I was wondering if you needed the key."

"Oh, no, it's okay. I'm gonna go home," I said, "You comin'?" I asked Pete.

He smiled, "Yep."

Pete went off to get his bag and Lewy's diaper bag. Mr. Wentz gave me a look, "Is he okay?"

I shrugged, "I dunno yet."

"Fill me in if there's anything I can do."

"I will," I assured him.

Pete came back with his things, and followed me out. He set his bags in the back seat while I put Lewy in his car seat. In the driver seat, I looked over at Pete as he leaned back in the seat, placing dark sunglasses over his eyes.

"Are you okay, Pete?" I asked before I started the car.

"I'm good," he said, "Why?"

I started the car, and began to drive, "You needed to come home, didn't you?"

"I got pissed again, this morning and they sent me on the next plane here," he answered slowly.

"Oh," was all managed to get out. "You're staying for a week?"

"Yeah," he exhaled, "I'm starving."

"Uh, I'll order a pizza or something, I'm really tired and I wanna relax."

"Was it tough today?" He asked.

"Not really, I was just worried Lewy would miss me or something," I explained with a small laugh.

"He was good today...I got in at about 1, and he was nappin' when my dad picked me up," Pete smiled, "When he woke up, he got so excited to see me. I really did miss him."

I smiled back at him, "He missed you, too."

"I was hopin' so."

We got to my apartment; Pete helped get his things, and I got Lewy. We went inside, where I gave Lewy his bottle and then let him crawl into Pete's lap and take a nap. I put my things away, ordered a pizza and then lay next to Pete.

Once the pizza arrived, Pete put Lewy in his crib, and then he and I watched TV and ate. Pete and I talked a little while watching a movie. I was beginning to fall asleep, so Pete pulled me over into his lap, causing a small laugh to fall from my lips.

I yawned softly, "I'm really happy you're here, Peter."

"Me too," he murmured.

We fell into a silence as Say Anything began. I could feel Pete rolling his fingers through my hair, tugging gently. Sleep was coming over me quick, I sighed tiredly and nuzzled my head in his lap.

"I wanna run away with you," Pete recited softly, "I want to disappear with you forever. I want to runaway with you and never return. I want to fold you and put you in my pocket and have you with me always. I don't know what else to say except I missed you and I love you."

I turned and looked up at him, his words gave me a little bit of a worry. They were touching, but I wasn't sure how to receive them; he sounded sad and tired. I sat up, watching his eyes cloud over, "Pete, you're okay, aren't you?"

He shrugged, shaking his head, "I don't know anymore, Navy."

I coursed my own hand through his hair, rubbing his neck, "You need a break, don't you?"

"I don't wanna feel like I'm gonna rip my hair out everyday. I'm sick of these assholes trying to tell me what to do, what to wear, who to be."

"Who's doing that to you?" I dropped my hand and looked at him, straightforward.

"I don't...it's hard to explain. I have to grin and bear it because I'm making a living--"

"Not if it's driving you crazy. Only if it's driving you crazy, you have a right to stop it."

He sighed, "I can't do that to the guys."

"Do you want to see a doctor?"

"Can't go down that path, Naomi, 'cuz if I do, I'll probably really kill myself."

I swallowed, "Please don't say that."

"It's true. I hate taking drugs."

"They make you better."

"No, they make me want more," he replied with a shake of his head, "They make me crave more, they make me not give a fuck about what I do. I cheat on you, I forget what I'm doing this all for, I forget that I have Lewis and...it sucks, it numbs me and I don't care..."

"I wish I knew what to do," I said softly, "I...I didn't..." I was at a loss for words, "Maybe you need counseling...?"

"I'm 14 again and you're just like my mom," he gave a sore chuckle, "I have a problem and you don't know how to handle it."

He was getting upset, fast.

"Pete, I want to help, but I don't know how. I really do, believe me. I just don't know how to start or what to say."

Pete licked over his lips, "I need a drink, you got anything?"

I sighed softly as he got up, "Uh, yeah, Ricky brought some beer over the other day."

"Ricky?" He questioned as he went off to the kitchen.

"Ricky, my friend, you remember him? The pot head."

"He smoke 'round here?" Pete opened the fridge.

"No, he quit. He got out of jail last year and he's trying to clean up."

Pete returned and sat down beside me again, "Does he come over a lot?"

"No, he's taking care of his dad. I only see him every now and then."

Pete dropped the bottle cap on the coffee table and took a large gulp. The tension was thick, it was coming over us like a thunder cloud. I was sure that I didn't want it to start pouring over us, so I decided to bite my tongue if he got an attitude with me.

"I'm losing it," he muttered.

"I think you love being lost," I replied.

He chugged the rest of the beer and set it in the table, "I'm starting to think so too."

I licked my lips, seeing that there wasn't going to be a fight between us. I stood up, turned the TV off, grabbed Pete's hand and ordered him to follow me, to which he did. In my bedroom, I told him to undressed and get into bed with me; he did this as well without a word. I climbed in, motioning him to me; Pete scooted over and I kissed him, "I don't want you to hurt anymore, I love you so much."

"I know," he let out a small sigh. "I love you, too."

I wrapped my arms around Pete and pulled him close to me. I wanted him close, I wanted him to know I was here, I wanted him to see that I did care and that I love him. Pete needed to see it and feel it from me.

He breathed deeply against my neck, "Please don't let go."

I frowned slightly, kissing him again, "I won't, okay? Just stay with me."

Pete kissed my neck, "I need to feel you," he said, "All over."

I blinked as he tugged at my pajama pants, but didn't refuse. We both let each other go to remove our clothing; Pete climbed on top of me, kissing me heatedly. My legs were wrapped around his hips, his own were pressed against mine, entering me fully. I took in a deep, sharp breath, then exhaled a soft moan. Pete smiled, "I love that sound, you don't even know."

I rose my hips against his, "Keep goin' and you'll hear it again."

He chuckled deeply, kissing my lips softly, then bowed his head against my neck. His mouth attached to skin, his hips rocking against mine, my body began to wither against his, already weakening. I swallowed and held back loud moans, my nails digging into his back, my mouth kissing the side of his face, whispering soft love words to him. His hands grabbed my hips as he knelt now, lifting my body up; I hissed softly, "Oh my God," I swore I blushed.

"You look amazing from this angle," Pete panted and laughed.

I gripped the bed sheets as he continued to rock into me at a steady pace. I shut my eyes over and moaned loudly, "Fuck."

Pete rubbed my hips, "Like that?"

I nodded slowly, humming, "Yeah, just like that."

I felt my body tensing and my stomach bubbling, knotting all together. Biting down on my lip, I said his name softly, "I'm gonna--" I stopped and grabbed my pillow and put it over my face to cry out, but Pete grabbed it and then tossed it, "I-I can't," I whimpered loudly to him.

Pete let my hips go, grinding slowly into me, and hovered over me, kissing my lips, panting softly, "Do it."

I moaned, holding him tightly, my nails digging into his shoulders. Pete grunted, "I wanna hear it."

He thrust into me hard, causing me to cry out, "I can't wake the baby."

"Who cares? I'll watch him," he offered, "Moan for me."

I shook my head, biting his collar bone as gently as I could. My moans got louder as he relentlessly fucked me, wanting to hear me. I cried out, murmuring his name against his throat, "Fuck, Pete."

He grunted, his hand trailing up to caress my breast and squeeze it, "I'm gonna cum."

I sighed in pleasure, "Me too."

Swallowing, I arched my back and dug my nails into him harder, tossed my head back and cried out. My legs tightened around Pete's waist; he rocked harder, sloppier, sucking the skin of my chest hard. I felt him tense and cum inside of me a second later; his hand met between our bodies, his calloused fingers rubbing me harder, making my orgasm hit me faster than I anticipated. I tensed and groaned, near shaking, falling back against the pillows; Pete lay on me, propping up to kiss me. His lips caught mine, our kiss was gentle, soft and arousing.

We parted, his fingers brushed my hair back, "I'll watch Lew for you. I know you gotta work."

I thanked him, nodding, "I'm wiped out."

He laughed and wrapped his sweaty arms around my equally sweaty body. He rested his cheek against my chest, kissing around my breath. My fingers twirled in his hair, helping me fall asleep fast.


In the morning I got up and got ready while Pete tended to Lewy. He seemed in a much better mood, he was happy taking care of Lewy. As I readied to leave, I felt better about leaving him; he seemed happier to be with Pete than me. So, I kissed him on his head, "Be good. Mommy loves you."

He waved his hand at me, "Bye mama."

I kissed him again, "See ya, baby."

Pete pouted at me, "What about me?"

Giving Pete a kiss on his forehead, I pet his bed head back, "I love you, too, Peter."

He grinned, "I love ya. Have fun."

I hummed and slipped my sneakers on, "I'll try."

I grabbed my things and left.

When I got to the school, I was broken into a routine quite fast. I knew all the kids names nearly by heart and it was easy talking and getting to know them. The day seemed to slip by quickly; at the end of the day, again, the dismissal bell had surprised me.

Lita smirked at me, teasingly, "The day slip by you?"

I nodded, "Yeah, the day went by fast."

"You look a little bad about it."

"No, I'm just surprised is all. I get to go home and see my little boy," I explained happily, "I miss him."

"Go on, I'll close up."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go on. Have a good afternoon."

"Thanks, you too, Lita."

I waved bye to her and headed on out; I grabbed my phone and called up Pete. He answered tiredly, "It's 3 already?"

I laughed softly, "Yep, well close to it. How are you?"

"A little tired. Your old man came and picked Lew up and took him and Abbey to the park, somethin' 'bout fresh air."

I shook my head, "How come you didn't go?"

"I was tired," he said with a yawn, "Will you lay with me when you get here?"

I smiled, "Yes."

"Good, I've missed you all day."
♠ ♠ ♠
Still working out the kinks on how to move on...