Care-Bear

Chapter 5

“Come on in,” I said.

“Umm… Is Kerri here or did she already leave?” Katie asked.

“She’s here. Hey Brianna, Kelly, come here! I’m Rebecca by the way.” I said, deciding to play with her and used our middle names.

“Okay. I’m Katie and if you don’t mind me asking…” Kelsey interrupted her.

“Hey Katie!” Kelsey or Brianna yelled.

“Hey.” Sam or Kelly said.

“Whoa, how do you know my name and are you triplets?” Katie asked.

“Um… Yeah were triplets, I think, and I heard you say your name.” Kelsey said in an obvious voice once she caught my glance.

“Oh. Where are Kerri, Kelsey, and Sam?” Katie asked.

“Upstairs there is a hint.” I said signaling the twins.

“Okay.” Katie said as she hesitantly started to walk upstairs behind me. Kelsey and Sam followed her up. I directed her to the bathroom where I emptied the trash onto the floor. It took her a second but finally Katie put two and two together.

“Oh my gosh! KELSEY, SAM,… KERRI?!?!?” Katie screamed.

“In the flesh.” I answered her smugly.

“OH MY GOD!!!” Katie shouted then she screamed, “You have got to be kidding me!”

“No, we got complete makeovers, courtesy of Kerri Inc.” Kelsey said.

“Wait, you did this?” Katie asked me, calming down, but not completely.

“Yeah why?” I asked her.

“You did an amazing job. I just wanted to say goodbye, but I feel as if I don’t even know you. Anyway, I brought presents for you guys. Oh my gosh, I still can’t believe it.” Katie muttered as she handed Kelsey and Sam each two boxes and three to me. We each had a kind of small box and a bigger box. Then I had a long and skinny box, “Go ahead, open the bigger ones first.”

Kelsey opened her big box and a small pink tee fell out. It said ‘You do things your way and I’ll do them mine.’ Then underneath that was three teddy bears each holding a cellphone, two plain and one with a sparkly pink cover. Sam got a small blue tee that said the same thing, but instead of cellphones, one had underwear on her head, and the two other bears had them on right. They were adorable. I got a small orange camisole that said ‘I heart CA’ and a dark blue American Eagle hoodie in my big box.

In our smaller boxes were cellphone covers. They were made especially for Dare's and the three of us had EnV’s. Kelsey’s cover was a sparkly pink and it had a charm hanging off of it of a tennis ball and a little figurine of two girls hugging. Then Sam’s cover was a sparkly blue and it had a charm hanging off of it too of a soccer ball and the same figurine as Kelsey. Mine was a really cute orange color and it had a charm of a volleyball, a figurine of a little cat, and a miniature picture of Katie and I. They were extra cute but when we pointed out that we had EnV’s and they were for Dare's, Katie laughed and pulled three Dare's out of her purse. Two black ones for the twins and an orange one for me. Then she showed us her phone and it was an orange Dare with a dark purple cover and a charm just like mine!
Then I remembered my skinny box. I opened that and there was two bracelets. The one bracelet was silver and wide. It was really cute, but the second one really got my attention. It was a charm bracelet and it was full of pictures. There was a picture of my mom and my dad together when they found out she was pregnant with Deryk. Then there were pictures of Kelsey, Sam, and Deryk. There was a picture of our old pets. Two cats, Erin and Ester, and a dog, Cody, that we gave away after my mom died. After that was a cute picture of Katie and me, then the rest was pictures of my other friends. I slipped both of them on and realized I was crying. I hugged Katie and then hugged Kelsey and Sam. I figured out why I felt weird. Now that we were leaving, I had time to mourn and I missed my mom. There wasn’t time for more tears though, the doorbell rang and it was child services.

“Oh my gosh, they’re here. Pull yourselves together.” I said to Katie, Kelsey, and Sam who were now crying. I wiped my eyes and jogged downstairs. I answered the door and it was the same man as two days ago. Katie told us she was going to miss us and that we better come home for Christmas or she was going to hurt us. Then she left and I turned to the Child Services man.

“Nice makeover.” He said.

“And you are…?” I asked him ignoring his sarcastic comment.

“I am Patrick Meanager with Child Services. Come on, how much stuff do you all have. We’ve got a private jet waiting for you courtesy of your mother’s will. Your dorms each have a bed, a desk, and a place to put your clothes, so you don’t need any of them. Are you ready? Show these men to your rooms. Twins' first.” Patrick said.

“Wow, you rented a private jet for us?” Kelsey asked.

“No, your grandmother owned one and your mother inherited it so when your mother died, you got it. Your mother wanted you to be treated with the highest respect if this ever happened. When she inherited the 15 million dollars, she left 5 million to her husband, your father, and the rest to her four children. You. Her sister, your aunt, also inherited 15 million dollars, so the bank figured she’ll take care of Deryk with that money, your father can take care of himself with his money, and you get the rest. Sound good?” Patrick asked.

“10 million dollars? I thought there was just one million in the bank account.” I said amazed.
“In that account there is, but when you’re in Spain, you can’t access that account, that’s your fathers. The 10 million dollars, yours, is in bank account 6789 in Spain. Now Sam, show these gentleman movers your room.” Patrick said. I remembered that my mother used to tell me a joke that went ‘why was six afraid of seven?’ The answer was because seven eight nine, but eight was like ate. Now I understood why it was her favorite. I still couldn’t shake the fact that it seemed like my mother knew this was gonna happen.

“Okay, this way.” Sam said in shock as she led the movers to Kelsey and her room. Patrick, Kelsey, and I moved out of the doorway so the movers could escort our luggage into the u-haul. Once they were done their room, Sam and Kelsey showed them mine. Between our entire luggage, it didn’t even full up half of the u-haul.

“Looks like you have no clothes.” Patrick said to me.

“Well when I saw the bank account, I decided we should all get new clothes except for some of our favorite pieces. The twins and I have no idea what the style is there, so we decided we’d get a look around, then go on a major shopping spree, if that’s okay.” I answered Patrick.

“Fine by me.” Patrick said as a woman got out of the car. She walked up to Patrick and me and slapped him on the head.

“Patrick, how dare you!” She said in an Spanish accent, then she turned to me, “Hello, my name is Susan Meanager. I am Patrick’s younger sister. I am one of the most well dressed women in Spain and I know all about fashion. Maybe we could stop by my boutique and look around a little bit. If Patrick says we’re allowed of course.” Susan said.

“Sure. Her boutique is only 15 minutes away from the school, I’m sure Eskabol would be okay with stopping there.” Patrick said.

“You wouldn’t want to show up to school with no clothes and then show up hours later with big shopping bags. We can even get you some nice suitcases to put everything in. This is going to be so much fun.” Susan said excitedly. I think she just wanted the money.