Status: On hiatus.

Sunsets and Silhouette Dreams.

Three.

I woke up early the next day, intent on getting some answers. I wanted to know who the Volturi were right now. And that meant going to the Cullens, even if they were vampires and I wanted to tear Bella limb from limb.

I told Dad I was going out, and he nodded without a word, handing me the car keys. I drove slowly down the wet roads; driving freaked me out because of my visions. However, before long I was in Forks. I stopped into a small restaurant, got directions to the Cullen house, and was on my way.

Edward answered the door, almost smirking. “Lucy, come in.”

“How do you know my name?” I snapped.

“I can read minds,” He said simply. “Lucy, this is my wife, Bella, and our daughter Renesmee.”

“Hi,” Bella said cheerfully, holding Renesmee in her lap.

I tilted my head slightly, my eyes narrowing. “You’re the one who broke Jacob’s heart.”

She looked down, causing her to look almost even more beautiful. It irritated me. “I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t apologize to me,” I snapped. I didn’t care how forlorn she was, she still hurt Jacob. I’d only known him a day, but I had seen him for months. No one deserves that hurt. “Now, Edward, I have one question, and then I’ll be out of your hair. Got it?”

He looked at me almost angrily, and I wondered if he was considering killing me for insulting his precious wife. “Go right ahead.”

“I know about vampires and I know about werewolves,” I stated simply. I forced my mind away from my psychic abilities; if Edward could read minds, he could find out about my curse and tell Bella, who would tell Jacob. Not happening. “I just want to know about the Volturi.”

Bella clutched her child tighter.

“Why?” Edward asked curtly.

“That’s no concern of yours. Just tell me who or what they are.”

“The most powerful vampires in the world.” He, too, glanced at his half-breed daughter and I wondered why. “Like royalty. They reside in Italy, and search out vampires with special abilities to add to their coven. They also enforce vampire law.”

“Oh, so I’m assuming the child is illegal?” I asked. When I got angry, my words became clear, cold and enunciated, just like they were now.

“Yes,” He said, clearly aggravated. “So now you know. Will you leave now?”

I nodded angrily, but then turned to Bella on my way out. “Stay away from Jacob, and I’ll stay away from you. Got it?”

She nodded mutely, and I walked out as Edward explained that I was Jacob‘s imprint, whatever that was.

As I drove home, I thought about what Edward said. The Volturi looked for vampires to add to their coven… and if I had to guess, I’d say they weren’t opposed to changing a human girl with powers into a vampire for that purpose as well. I assumed that was what Edward meant by hurting me, as he had said in the vision. Now I had the pack to protect me, though. Unless the most powerful vampires in the world were more powerful than the strong werewolves.

I spent the rest of the day unpacking and thinking until my head hurt. At around nine o’clock, I peeked out of my window in my bedroom to spot Jacob Black, in his wolf form.

Grinning, I opened the window and snuck out into the rain. “Hi, Jake,” I said cheerfully as I ran my fingers through his fur. Now that I knew it was safe, I was perfectly content to pet my giant wolfy friend. “You should go to bed soon.”

He gave a short bark, almost like a laugh. I understood that he meant he wasn’t sleeping any time soon.

I grinned. “Well, I’m going to bed now. Sweet dreams, Jake.”

Jacob affectionately licked my nose, then ran off into the woods like the did the day before. I climbed back into my window, changed into dry clothes and went to bed.

Image

“Hello, I miss you quite terribly.”

I groaned, rolling over in bed to check the time. “Sam, it’s six o’clock in the morning. During a school holiday. Let me sleep.”

“Oh. Time zone difference,” My silly best friend from back home said. “But I miss you quite terribly!”

“Stop stealing things from lyrics, dork.” Against my will, I sat up. It was still dark outside.

“But you love me,” She said cheekily. No wonder we were best friends. “So, how’s La Push?”

I yawned. “Rainy. Kinda cold. The boys are fantastic.”

“Hot boys?!” She yelped. “I want to go!”

“I’ve got a thing for one of them,” I admitted to her. I brought my knees to my chest and inspected my nails, feeling far too much like a silly teenage girl. “His name is Jacob.”

“Is he sexy?”

“Very. Cute, too. Warm, funny, protective…” I sighed.

“He makes you blush, doesn’t he?” Sam asked in amusement. Any time I liked a boy, I blushed like crazy. It was annoying.

“Yes,” I admitted grudgingly.

She laughed again, then changed direction. “Adam’s been trying to talk me.”

“Why?”

“Probably wants to talk to you.”

I scoffed. “Tell him to go to hell. I gotta go, Sam, I’ll call you later.”

“Love you!”

“Love you too,” I mumbled. Then, I got up, got dressed, and started walking. It was the day before Thanksgiving, so people were gathered at home. When I found a beach, I was alone.

I sat on a rock and stared at the ocean. I don’t know why I did. It was looking like a storm soon, so the water was grey and rough. But I just sat there staring at it like it was a fascinating movie.

“It’s pretty, huh?”

I jumped, then turned to face a dark-haired, tan girl wearing an interesting sweatshirt. She was pretty.

“I guess,” I replied. “I’m Lucy Meadows.”

“Rae Anne Redbird,” She told me, sitting next to me. “You new around here?”

I nodded. “Moved here two days ago. How long have you been here?”

“About a year. I live with my grandma.”

“Why?” I asked.

She shrugged. “My parents didn’t want me anymore.”

“I was adopted,” I told her.

“Why?”

“My parents didn’t want me anymore either, I guess.”

And then we smiled at each other, because sometimes, confessing to strangers actually makes you feel good.

Rae Anne and I talked until it started to rain. Then we started laughing and running back to my place.

“Mom,” I said, a little out of breath. “This is Rae Anne.”

My mother smiled, then hugged Rae Anne. (She was a hugger.) “How are you, dear?”

Mom ended up talking Rae Anne into having lunch with us, since it was only about one o’clock.

“So, who are you friends with?” I asked.

She admitted sheepishly, “I don’t really have any. My grandma doesn’t like the public school system, so I’m home schooled.”

“So you don’t know anyone from La Push?”

“Not really. I talk to people, but it’s hard to stay in contact.”

I grinned. “Well, fear not. I shall get you friends. Be right back.”

Walking into the other room where Rae Anne couldn’t hear me, I pulled out my cell phone and dialed Jacob’s number.

“Hey, Lucy,” He said happily. “What’s up?”

“I need to borrow you and a male friend,” I told him. “I made a friend, who has no friends. So I want her to have friends.”

Jacob laughed. “Does she look like she needs cheering up?”

“Desperately.”

“I’ll get Seth, then. He’s almost as gleeful as you,” He teased.

“No one’s as gleeful as me. It’s impossible. I have the monopoly on it,” I informed him. “So, be at my house, ASAP! I shall see you soon!” Then, I hung up.

When I walked back into the kitchen, Rae Anne and Mom had the radio on, dancing like idiots. And I, of course, joined them.

After a few minutes, the boys showed up. I hugged Jacob tightly as soon as I saw him, a huge grin on my face. He just laughed back.

“Seth, this is my new BFF, Rae Anne. Rae Anne, this is Seth. By the way, you’re my new BFF.”

“Okay,” She laughed, but her eyes were on Seth’s, who looked enamored.

I whispered to Jacob, “Nice choice.”

“Didn‘t realize they‘d be like that,” He admitted with a smile.

Before I could reply, though, Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey came on the radio. And if you don’t dance to that song, there is something wrong with you.

So we danced. Jacob and I paired up, along with Seth and Rae Anne. Mom merely watched, grinning.

For four minutes and eleven seconds, though, I forgot about vampires and visions and the Volturi. All I could focus on was the boy with the beautiful eyes holding my hips in his large hands. And I was content.
♠ ♠ ♠
As you can probably tell, I added the Journey thing at the last second for the fun of it.

So, do any of my lovely readers make banners? Because I would love a banner, but I suck at making them. (This may be because I always make them on Polyvore...) If anyone does make one, I'll be super happy. (Dianna Agron portrays Lucy.)

What do you think of Edward, Bella, and Lucy's encounter? What about Rae Anne and Seth? Tell me everything in a comment! (: