Status: On hiatus.

Sunsets and Silhouette Dreams.

Four.

Image

“Hi, everyone! We’re here!” I called cheerfully as I walked in the Clearwater residence Thanksgiving day. The Clearwaters had a huge house, which was a good thing, considering the people in attendance for the Thanksgiving feast: all ten members of the pack, their significant others, Emily’s niece Claire, Rae Anne, Billy Black, Sue Clearwater, my parents, and I.

“Hey,” Jacob said, squeezing me tightly before anyone else could reach me. “Glad you could make it.”

“I’ve never had a big Thanksgiving,” I told him. “I’m looking forward to this.”

While he smiled at me, Rae Anne hugged me and whispered in my ear, “I am in love with Seth Clearwater.”

I smirked a little, knowing with the pack’s super hearing, they caught that. When Seth hugged me, he was blushing. Everyone else merely tried to break my ribs.

Walking into the kitchen, I spotted Emily. “Em, it smells great.”

“Thank you, Lucy,” She said warmly, turning to face me. I made sure to keep my eyes on hers and not the long scars that ran across her face. “I don’t know if one of the boys told you, but I’m always cooking.”

I grinned. “You’ve got to teach me.”

Sue smiled and shooed me out into the large living room, where everyone was sitting and talking. Unfortunately, there was no room for me to sit, unless I wanted to sit on the floor, which I did not. So, I looked at Paul and sat simply, “Move.”

“No.”

“Move.”

“No.”

“Move.”

“No.”

“Fine,” I huffed, then sat on Jacob’s lap. “I’ll just squish someone.”

Jake laughed, but glanced at my father. When he nodded slightly, the boy wound his arms around my waist. “Luce, I don’t think you could squish me if you tried. You’re tiny.”

“I’m five foot three!” I told him indignantly.

“My point exactly, little one,” He laughed. Somehow, the nickname was endearing rather than irritating.

“Seth and Rae Anne seem to be getting along,” I said quietly with a small giggle, looking at the two teenagers. They both seemed love-struck, though I knew Rae was joking about loving him so early.

“Yeah,” Jacob said softly. “He’s crazy about her, which I didn’t think would happen.”

“I hoped,” I told him. “You werewolf boys sure do get attached.”

Jake smiled and squeezed me a little. “We do. We don’t really have friends outside the pack and our girlfriends, though. So when we do get girlfriends, we’re more appreciative of them. Plus, it’s the protective thing. We are all, have you noticed? It’s natural.”

“I never really had anyone protect me before,” I mused. “I had a really possessive boyfriend once, though.”

“Who?”

My voice dropped even quieter, despite the fact that no one was paying attention to us. “Adam. The one I mentioned the other day. He used to freak out and yell at me if another guy even looked at me. It was awful.”

“How were you supposed to control other people’s actions?” Jacob asked angrily.

I shrugged. “He drove me crazy with that, though. He wouldn’t even let me be friends with other guys… he expected me to be perfect, too. We were like the school’s ‘it’ couple, you know. He cared more about our image than he did me…”

“I’m sorry, Lucy.” Jake trailed his big hand up and down my arm soothingly, and I leaned back into his chest.

“Not your fault, and it’s over now. That’s all that really matters.”

Conversation around us swelled effortlessly. I joined in whenever I could to whatever I could. Despite how close Jacob and I were getting, I was still new around here, and I wanted to make friends with everyone, not just him. When Emily announced the food was ready, we all piled into the kitchen, the talking still continuing.

By the end of dinner, I had promised to go to Emily’s after school Monday to for cooking lessons, found out Kim and I shared a love for the movie Dirty Dancing, and that Rae Anne’s grandmother made jewelry, among many other things about the people there. I was content, knowing that I had befriended more than just Jacob.

After dinner, Emily gave us all something she called fried ice cream. It was actually ice cream covered in corn flakes, and it was delicious.

Mom looked at me, then Emily. “Emily, dear, is that cinnamon I taste?”

I froze. I was horribly allergic to cinnamon, but I couldn’t recognize the taste, since I hadn’t had it since I was a baby.

“Yes, I sprinkled it in cinnamon. Why?” Emily’s eyebrows were knitted in confusion.

“I’m allergic,” I explained, standing up. “Where’s the bathroom?”

Seth pointed me down the hall while everyone else gave me sympathetic glances. I just managed to reach the toilet before the contents of my stomach emptied into the bowl. Damn cinnamon. I halfway expected Jacob to come in and make sure I was okay, but they left me alone to my misery. Just as well, since as I was sick, the room started moving. Lovely. Another vision. I knew being around other mythical beings would bring them on stronger.

The room was beautiful with a high ceiling. In three large chairs sat a trio of vampires with powdery skin. The one in the center, Aro, had black haired, and his fingertips pressed together. A bemused smile was on his face as he stared at a childlike girl in front of him.

“Jane, you have news?”

“Yes,” The girl replied. “In regards to the Cullens.”

“Ah, yes,” Aro said. “Are Bella and Edward married yet?”

The girl nodded curtly. “They also have a child. An immortal child.”

“Oh. Oh my. What a problem. We’ll have to destroy it.” He said this dismissively, as if he was only discussing postponing plans for a daytrip.

The white-haired one, Caius, spoke. “Aro, I know you are looking for another opportunity to sway Edward, Alice, and Bella.”

“Oh, Alice,” Aro sighed. “What I would do to have a psychic. It would be so useful.”

“Master, I also have word that there is a psychic human in Forks,” Jane informed him. “Her name is Lucy.”

“A psychic human! How wonderful. If I can not have Alice, I can have her, maybe… how wonderful. This is wonderful. We’ll be in Forks by the end of February. Jane, be a dear, and help arrange the guards, would you?”

The girl smiled. “It would be my pleasure.”


When I came back to awareness, I was shaking. That must’ve been the Volturi I’d seen, the most powerful vampires. And they were coming to Forks in three short months to kill Renesmee. On top of that, Aro coveted a psychic, which I obviously was. He would turn me into a vampire in a heartbeat. I had to warn the Cullens, the pack. If I wanted to Renesmee and I to survive, I needed help. Unless, of course, Alice had a similar vision…

Alice. I needed to talk to Alice.

“Wucy?” A small voice asked.

I looked up to see Claire. The little girl’s eyes were wide, and I knew she’d seen me have the vision. The small child had seen my eyes roll back, my face go white. She knew I was psychic.

Shit.

“Claire-bear,” I said quickly, moving forward to touch her shoulders. “I’m fine. I need to ask you a favor, though. A big girl favor.”

Her eyes widened more. “What?”

“Can you keep a secret?”

She nodded.

“You can not tell anyone what you just saw. Not even Emily and Embry.” She’s spent the day bouncing between those two, so I assumed she was closest to them. “It’s a surprise, and you can’t spoil it. Do you promise?”

“I promise.” And to prove it, she hooked her tiny pinky with mine.

We exited the small bathroom together and walked back into the kitchen.

“Are you okay?” Jacob asked hurriedly.

I nodded, sitting back down next to him. “I’m fine now.”

“I’m so sorry!” Emily cried.

“It’s perfectly okay,” I told her. “You didn’t know.”

I, other the other hand, knew much, much more than I wanted to. And that could mean my death.
♠ ♠ ♠
The lovely banner up there was made by I'mNotAPrincess, who I'm ever so grateful to. If anyone else would like to make one, I'd be very, very happy.
So, I reached 100 readers, 34 subscribers, and 20 comments, in four chapters! I'm quite pleased and grateful, everyone.
What did you think of Lucy's vision? Did I portray the Volturi okay? I don't have the books with me, so I can't read up about them. How'd you like the chapter? (: