Stories In Scars

Let's Talk About Sex, Baby...

Brendon waltzed in the door.

“Hey Ry! I called to see if you were coming, but I got no answer. So, I hoped you would be here. Oh, hi Grey.”

“Hey Brendon! What’s up?”

“Nothing,” he replied. “Grey’s here? Ooooh. That’s why Jon rushed me out of there... And she’s here this morning... Oh my god. Did you two.... You know... ?” He questioned, thinking aloud.

Ryan and I were trying to hold in our laughter. Finally, we just couldn’t hold it in any longer.

“What the hell is so funny!?” Brendon demanded.

“No, Bren, we didn’t ‘do it’,” Ryan managed to get out.

“Yet,” I smile.

Brendon looked appalled. “I really don’t need to know about your guy’s sex lives, kay? Oh my god. Are you two a thing? Dating?”

Ryan and I looked at each other. “Yeah, we are ‘a thing’,” I told him.

“Aww! Kiss for the Sidekick!” Brendon snapped a shot of us kissing over the table. Then, he took a seat next to me.

“Damn, I need some food.” Brendon got up to order.

“He’s one hell of a character,” I whisper to Ryan.

“And that’s why he’s the singer,” Ryan smiled back. He put down his sandwich, and looked at me.

“Yes, I know, I look terrible in the mornings. Well, now afternoon. You get what I’m saying,” I tell him.

“No. It’s not that at all. Even without perfect makeup. Even with your hair messy. Even in wrinkled clothes. You are still the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.”

“Even with hair so messy, you have to wear a hat. Even with clothes on from a day ago. Even with lettuce in your teeth. You are still the most beautiful boy I’ve ever seen.”

Brendon came back to the table, and noticed us staring at each other. “Whoops. Did I inturrupt something?”