Stories In Scars

Stay In The Moment. There's Only One.

That night, before the show, we ate some quick food, because we were running late.

Thirty minutes before I was scheduled to go on, I got changed. My circle skirt was black and had a white poodle on it. I wore black fishnets, white shoes, and a white button down. Ryan had done my makeup amazingly. It was normal-looking at first, but then he winged it out, Cleopatra style. Dark blush, red lip, and a liquid-liner design later, I was almost ready to go out. I just put my wavy red hair up in a black bow, and everything was set. Time to go out.

The set was all ready. I gave Ryan a quick kiss, everyone wished me good luck, and I was out.

“Hello Glasgow! How are you all doing tonight?” I screamed into the mic.

The crowd responded with a roar.

All of the nerves went away. They always did as soon as I stepped on stage.

Two dancers came out, one male, one female. They danced as I sang a song about a man looking for love in all the wrong places after he was dumped. Suprisingly, some people were singing along. Someone must have recorded me at practice and put it on the internet. Whatever. Stay in the moment.

“Have you ever had that dream? You know, the one where you are in a white room, just you and a shotgun. Or a razor. Or a noose. It scared you half to death.”

Then, came my song written about my dream. God, the memories.

Stay in the moment.

“This is a song from one of my favorite bands. You probaly haven’t heard it before, so listen, cause the lyrics are psychotic,” I start in with Slow Motion by Third Eye Blind. I know, I stole some of Brendon’s words, but he didn’t care. So, it’s all good.

I sang two more of my own songs, which the audience seemed to love. Then, I went into Half Jack by the Dresden Dolls. Finally, I finished with my suicide note song. The crowd seemed to love my set.

“Thank you, you were wonderful. I love you guys! I swear, this will not be the last you see of Grey Julius,” and I broke into an evil laugh and left the stage.