Stories In Scars

Dreams Become A Reality

A/N: This chapter has cutting in it. Just a warning.

----------

I wake up with a gasp. Needing air. It was just a dream, yet how could it be so realistic.

I need to cut. I need blood.

I go into my wallet, where I keep a razor. It’s been a year since I last self-injured, but it’s like a security blanket. No one knew it was there. My little secret.

In the bathroom, I put the blade to my forearm. Tracing my veins all the way up my arm, blood pours out.

As soon as I see that first drop of blood, I’m in a trance.

Slash, slash, slash.

Cut, cut cut.

Deeper and deeper I go. Harder and harder I push.

I must have made some sort of noise, because I see Ryan standing in the doorway, with tears in his eyes.

“Baby...” He was at a loss for words.

He came in, sat down in blood, and pulled me into his lap.

“Why, baby, why?” he asks, just about in tears.

“I. I. I--I...” I stutter.

“It’s okay.”

I hear someone bursting into the room. It’s Brendon.

“I saw a light, and since I couldn’t sleep, I decided to...” he stopped, seeing me. “Wha- what happened?”

Ryan motions for him to leave. He nods, agrees, and closes the door quietly.

I melt into his arms, but cannot cry. It’s impossible. My eyes are burning from unshed tears. I stare blankly into space.

“Why, Grey? I’m not mad, or disappointed, I just want to know why,” Ryan said, comforting me.

“There was a dream. And it -”

“Now I know. Don’t go back there. Don’t go back to that place.”

I nod, not knowing what to say.

“Let’s get you cleaned up.”

I sit on the bathtub ledge, as he cleans and dresses my fresh self-inflicted wounds.

Oh, oh. One of them is really deep. And Ryan notices.

“Wow. Grey. I think you’re going to need stitches for this.”

Again, I nod.

Brendon, Jon, and Spencer come through the door, showering me in hugs. Even though I’m barely wearing any clothes, it doesn’t matter. I practically live with these guys.

“It’s OK. It’s OK,” they all comfort me.

“Hey,” Ryan whispers, “I need to take Grey to the hospital. For stitches. And she lost a lot of blood.”

“It’s fine. We can clean up,” Spencer offers.

“Are you okay to walk?” Ryan asks me, truely concerned.

I nod, but as I get up, my legs almost give out.

“Guess not,” Ryan concludes.

“I can help you take her to the hospital,” Jon offers.