Stories In Scars

I Like Food. Food Is Good.

We arrived at the pizza place, and drove around until we could find a spot. Once we did, we both got out of the car athe the exact same time. Over the car, our eyes met. We met around the back, and embraced for a kiss. His hands on my face. My arms around his neck. Our lips met, and it was as firework-like as last night’s kiss. Once done, we looked into each other’s eye, and smiled.

“We better get in there. I see the other guys cars.”

We walked to the front entrance, and I grabbed his hand. He looked at me and smiled, so, hell, I knew I did the right thing.

Inside, Ryan spotted the guys in the back right by the window - their usual seat.

“Guys, this is Grey. Grey, you know Spencer. And this is Brendon,” he said pointing to a skinny guy with dark hair and a kitsonLA hoodie, “And this is Jon,” pointing to a guy with dark facial hair.

“Hey Grey. Hehe... That rhymed!” Brendon giggled.

“Hi,” I said waving to the guys. I sat down next to Ryan, with me in the middle of him and Jon. Brendon and Spencer were on the other side.

Ryan was talking to Spencer. Had he seen the kiss? They were right by the window. By the look on his face, he had.

Jon asked, “So... How did you meet Ryan and Spencer?”

“Open-mic at Common Grounds last night. You know, the place with the shitty coffee?”

“Yeah,” Jon said, laughing. “Spencer sent me a video he taped on his Sidekick of you up there. Singing and playing. Last night.”

“Me too. It was amazing,” Brendon added.

“Lovely. Just lovely,” I said putting my head in my hands.

“What? It was great!” Jon reassured me. “I think we should all go back to Ryan’s house after dinner. So we can hear you: in person.”

“Ryan!” Brendon yelled, “We’re going to your place after food!”

“Whatever,” Ryan answered. He returned talking to Spencer.

I was listening to Jon and Brendon’s conversation about what kind of pizza they were going to order, I was, but I also caught part of Ryan and Spencer’s convo too.

All I heard was Ryan saying, “I know I just met her Spence, but I think I really like this girl.”

Me?! AHHH!

The waitress came, and took our order. Jon, Spencer, and Ryan ordered an extra large pizza with pepperoni, sausage, turkey, green peppers, and extra cheese. Brendon and I split a pizza with green peppers, zucchini, and olives.

Spencer asked, “So, Grey, do you play anything else besides guitar?”

“Um, yeah,” I answered, “Keys, piano, acoustic guitar, electric, bass, organ, banjo, mandolin, harp, cello, accordian, and drums.”

The four guys just looked at me with eyes wide and jaws dropped.

“And we thought Brendon was a music savant,” Ryan said and we all laughed.

We finished the pizza, and went to Ryan’s place. Spencer asked me to drive with him, so I told him okay.

As we were in Spencer’s car, he started, “Grey, Ryan really likes you.”

“Really? I think I really like him too. A lot.”

“I don’t care if you two start dating. I mean, I like you, as a person and all, just don’t break his heart. It’s been broken too many times. I don’t want to see him that hurt again.”

“Well, we just met. So who really knows if this is going anywhere?”

“He told me that he wants to ask you to dinner again tomorrow night.”

“Oh. Well, then I suppose it might go somewhere.”

We pulled up to Ryan’s house.

“Spencer, if this thing with me and Ryan does go somewhere, I will never, ever break his heart on purpose. That’s just not the kind of girl I am.”