Status: Coming Slowly. . .Please bear with me

"I have a what?"

Welcome To Huntington Beach

I was moving to Huntington Beach with my mom because my mom needed a new change of pace. I sighed looking out the window to see the grey overcast clouds of Philadelphia as we flew out of the airport. I fell asleep and woke up to see the bright sunny atmosphere of Los Angeles, California.

“Ready to see where we’re staying now?” my mom asked me as the plane landed.

“Sure,” I sighed walking out and following her off the plane.

“It’s not going to be that bad Tegan,” my mom said as we were getting our luggage.

“That’s what you think,” I sighed, “Why are you rooting me up from high school my senior year?”

“Because we needed a change of scenery Tegan,” she said, “I needed a change of scenery.”

I just rolled my eyes as we drove off and I started looking around. My eyes grew big as passed the Huntington Beach welcome sign.

“We’re moving to where Dad lives,” I said shocked.

“Yeah,” my mom said quietly.

“Does he know?” I asked as we pulled up to a house on the beach.

“No and he doesn’t need to,” my mom said as we pulled up to the house.

“Okay,” I sighed as we got out.

When we got our entire bags of luggage out of the cab we walked into the house that my mom and I would now call home.

“Hey why don’t you go get some groceries for dinner tonight while I unpack our luggage,” my mom said handing me her credit card.

“Okay,” I sighed, “Just enough for tonight and tomorrow morning? Since Uncle Tom is coming tomorrow morning with the car and the rest of our things?”

“You read my mind baby girl,” she laughed as I rolled my eyes.

I grabbed my jacket that I was wearing when I left Pennsylvania and headed out. Surprisingly Mom picked a perfect place to live. It was across the street from the beach and two blocks away from the local grocery store. I walked into the grocery store and started looking for things to eat for dinner. Since it was only four o’clock, I figured my mom and I could just cook breakfast for dinner and then have the leftovers tomorrow for breakfast. I was walking down the aisle where all the flour and boxed baked goods were when I ran into someone’s cart. I looked up to see it was none other than Synyster Gates himself.

“Sorry,” I said playing it cool and smiling, “I didn’t watch where I was going.”

“It’s alright,” he said as he was turning pale.

“Hey you okay?” I asked, “You look really pale.”

“I’m fine,” he said quickly and pushed his cart past me.

I looked behind me as he was walking away quickly and shook my head.

That was super weird, I thought, but Mom’s definitely not going to believe me when I get home.

I finished up the grocery shopping with getting pancake mix, eggs, bacon, strawberries, blueberries, milk, and orange juice. I paid for the food and headed back home. When I walked in the door, I noticed my mom looking through what I brought with me on the plane.

“You kept this photo,” she said shocked showing me the picture of my dad and her when they were only fifteen.

“Yeah,” I said like it was nothing, “It’s something that means something to me. I didn’t want Uncle Tom throwing it away or something.”

“So what did you buy us for dinner?” she asked knowing I didn’t really want to talk about the real reason why I kept the picture.

“Breakfast things,” I said putting the bags on the counter, “I got blueberries, strawberries, pancake mix, bacon, eggs, butter, milk, and orange juice.”

“You know what I’m always craving,” my mom said.

I just rolled my eyes and helped her out making dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you guys think!
Subscribe and Comment!!!