Status: Coming Slowly. . .Please bear with me

"I have a what?"

School

Today was the first day of school and I was nervous. It was my senior year and I was starting a new school. I woke up to my iPod playing “(Sitting On) The Dock of the Bay” by Otis Redding. I sighed to myself and went to my closet to find an outfit suitable for school. I found a pair of shorts and a light long sleeved t-shirt. I was changing when my mom walked into my room.

“Kyle’s here,” she said leaning against my doorframe.

“I’ll be right out after I do my hair and makeup,” I said.

I then headed into the bathroom and finished getting ready. When I was done, I grabbed my backpack from my room and walked into the kitchen to find my mom and everyone else that could fit in the house was here.

“Guys it’s the first day of school,” I said, “I’ll be back today after school.”

“Go change,” my dad said.

“What’s wrong with what I’m wearing?” I asked.

“The shorts they’re too short,” he said and I shook my head.

“Nope,” I said, “They fit dress code.”

“Andrea,” Dad whined and everyone chuckled.

“She’s fine Matt,” my mom giggled, “You’re worrying again.”

“We’re going to go now,” I said taking Kyle’s hand.

“Bye Tegan,” my mom said and I waved.

We got into Kyle’s car and I kissed him.

“Hello to you too beautiful,” Kyle smiled.

“So should I be nervous?” I asked the butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

“No you shouldn’t,” he said, “You’ll be fine babe. Who wouldn’t love you?”

“Cheerleaders,” I mumbled, “They’re the worst.”

“You’ll be fine Tegan,” Kyle said as we pulled into the parking lot.

We both got out of his car and he walked over to my side of the car.

“Ready for this?” Kyle asked.

“No,” I sighed squeezing his hand tighter.

“Let’s go find Mel and Stella,” he said as we walked toward the school.

“What about Drew?” I asked.

“He’s homeschooled,” Kyle said, “His parents took him out of high school our sophomore year because of the drug busts that happened around the high schools.”

“Oh,” I said as we walked in.

“Hey Kyle,” a girl said smiling but her smiled stopped when she saw me and our hands.

“Hey Candi,” Kyle smiled lightly, “Babe this is Candi, we’ve been friends for years. Candi this is my girlfriend Tegan Sanders.”

“Hi,” I said timidly.

“Hi,” she said and then ignored me, “You won’t believe who have for anatomy this year.”

“Who?” Kyle asked.

“White,” she said and I heard him groan, “Good luck with that one Candi he’s an asshole.”

“Do you have your schedule yet?” she asked.

“No we were going to go get our schedules right Tegan,” he said and smiled down at me.

“Yeah,” I smiled lightly.

“See you around Candi,” Kyle said and we went to the office to see Mel and Stella waiting for us.

“Mel! Stella!” I exclaimed hugging the both of them.

“We grabbed your schedules for you,” Stella said handing me mine and Kyle his.

We all compared ours and we all had third and fourth block together. I had first block with Kyle and Mel and then I had second block with Mel.

“Shall we head to first block ladies?” Kyle asked.

“We shall,” Mel said and Kyle grabbed my hand.

“Everyone keeps staring,” I said to Kyle.

“It’ll be fine babe,” Kyle said kissing my temple, “You’re worrying too much.”

We walked into a room for math. We all sat down and Mel looked at me and smiled.

“Honey you’re going to be fine,” she smiled, “You’re a nice girl.”

“Oh great the freaks got her,” I looked up to see blonde bimbos walking by us.

“Excuse me?” I asked looking their way.

“Oh this one has a mouth too Tiffany,” the fake blonde said as I rolled my eyes.

“Did you really just say that?” I asked.

She was about to answer but the bell rang and the teacher walked into the classroom. I looked over at Kyle and made a face pointing to the blondes in front of us and Kyle chuckled along with Mel. This class was Calculus and of my strongest suits. The teacher called on me a lot and I got glares from the blondes. When the bell rang Kyle laced my fingers with him and I smiled.

“I’m dating a genius,” he said and pecked my lips.

“I did skip a couple of grades in elementary school,” I giggled as Kyle walked me and Mel to Photography 101.

When we got to the door, we said a quick good-bye and Mel and I walked into the room.

“Oh my god Mel!” a girl with blue and purple highlights in her black hair squealed as she hugged Mel.

“Hey Suzy,” Mel giggled, “How was your summer?”

“Amazing!” she squealed and then noticed me, “Oh my god you must be Tegan. Mel’s talked about you to me. We’re going to be amazing friends.”

She then tackled me in a hug and I giggled.

“I can see why you and Mel are great friends,” I smiled.

We sat down and class started. We were talking about our summers when the teacher called me to the front of the room.

“Class this is Tegan Sanders,” Mr. Fairfield, the teacher, said, “She’s a new student. Would you like to tell us a little bit about you?”

“My father is Matt Sanders, M. Shadows, however you know him, I moved from Pittsburgh, my favorite color is purple, don’t piss me off and we’ll get along just fine,” I said and went to go sit back down.

Mel was smirking and I think Suzy was trying not to laugh and fall off of her chair. We were given cameras and told to talk to our table of fours. Well there were only three at our table so Mel, Suzy, and I started talking.

“So I hear you’re an amazing singer,” Suzy said.

“That’s what I’ve been told,” I said.

“And you’re dad is M. Shadows,” she said.

“Yup,” I replied, “He is I am half of him.”

“Wow,” Suzy said, “I’m friends with Jimmy ‘The Rev’ Sullivan’s niece and Matt ‘M. Shadows’ Sanders’ daughter. This is kind of amazing.”

Mel and I started giggling and we were having fun. Suzy and I were comparing on how many times we’ve dyed our hair when Mel nudged my arm and I saw Kyle standing in the hallway. I waved to him and he smiled when he saw that I saw him standing there. Once he knew I saw him, he walked into the classroom and sat down next to us.

“Guess who’s in the class now?” Kyle grinned and I rolled my eyes as he put his arm around me.

“George Washington,” I replied and Kyle chuckled.

“I should totally be offended,” Kyle said and I giggled.

“You know you didn’t have to change your schedule,” I said, “Mel and Suzy are taking great care of me.”

“That’s what I’m worried about,” Kyle said and Mel, Suzy, and I all rolled our eyes.

“You worry too much babe,” I said and kissed Kyle’s cheek and Suzy awed.

“She’s the girl you snagged Ky,” Suzy said grinning, “You so damn lucky!”

I blushed and Kyle smiled down at me. Before we could say anything else the bell rang and we walked to our third block to see if we had first or second lunch. When we got to the door, we saw it had a first lunch sign on it so we went to go find Stella. She was sitting at a table already eating her brown paper sack lunch and I smiled. We went to go sit next to her, but we were cut off by a guy with brown hair and blue eyes.

“Hey cutie why don’t you ditch these loser and come sit by us,” he said and pointed to a table where there were the cheerleaders from this morning and other fake losers.

“Thanks but no thanks,” I said, “I’d rather sit with my boyfriend and friends but thanks for asking though.”

We then walked over towards Stella. When we sat down, I looked over to see the guy I was talking to stand there shocked.

“That was Luke Brandson,” Suzy said, “He actually use to hang out with us until he started dating the cheerleaders. He used to be Kyle’s best friend.”

“We were,” Kyle said, “but he became shallow and he would try to steal every girl I was going to ask out.”

“Well he won’t steal me away,” I said and kissed Kyle, “You’re too cute to walk away from.”

I had to laugh because Mel and Suzy were making gagging sounds.

“Guys I’m eating lunch,” Stella said, “Can we wait for the lovey dovey stuff for after lunch? Maybe like band practice?”

I giggled and smiled. The first day of school was looking up and I was actually having fun in school for once in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated! I've been busy with dance and I've kind of not knowing where I should take this story. If any one has any ideas please comment and tell me them!!

Tegan's Outfit