Status: Coming Slowly. . .Please bear with me

"I have a what?"

Happy Valentine's Day

Today was my first Valentine’s Day with my Andrea and Tegan and I was nervous as hell. For some reason I didn’t know what to do with both of my girls for the day. Kyle and I had both planned to take Tegan and Andrea out to that new fondue restaurant that opened up last month but I had no idea how I was going to give Andrea her present. A few weeks ago, I picked out Tegan’s present which was a little teddy bear that said I love you and got her a giant chocolate kiss because I knew she loved chocolate. Andrea on the other hand, I went out to the jeweler’s with the guys to buy a ring for Andrea. We’ve been together for six months and I wanted to take the next step to make my family a more permanent one. I picked out the perfect one for Andrea because it was so unique and different like her. I was looking at the ring figuring out a way to ask her when my house phone rang.

“Hello,” I said answering it.

“Hey Mattie,” I heard Andrea’s voice and I smiled at the sound.

“Hey baby,” I said, “What can I do for you?”

“Well Tegan and Kyle are out and about spending the day together and I was wondering if I could come over or if you wanted to come over here,” she said and I smiled at the thought.

“Why don’t you come over here and we can make lunch and watch some movies together and have grown-up time,” I said smiling and the thought of us having time alone.

“I’ll be over in ten,” she said and I smiled widely.

“Okay,” I said, “Love you.”

“Love you too,” she said and then we hung up.

I quickly rushed up to my bedroom and put the little black velvet box in my nightstand next to my bed and rushed down the stairs. I had just made it down the last stair when my doorbell rang. I went to go answer it and smiled when I opened it to see Andrea standing there in her festive pink and red.

“Well don’t you look festive,” I teased as she walked into my house.

“Well I thought I would go all out today since I usually don’t,” she said and I just rolled my eyes and she smiled, “So what are you cooking me lover boy?”

“What do you me mean me woman?” I asked laughing, “Get back to your place and cook me a meal fit for a king!”

“Ha ha very funny Matthew,” she said.

“Okay,” I said, “How about we make PB&Js. They’re my favorite and your favorite.”

“Deal,” she said, “Do you still have The Breakfast Club?”

“Duh,” I said, “I couldn’t ever throw that movie away.”

“Sweet,” she smiled widely, “It’s going to be just like old times then.”

“Exactly,” I said smiling at her, “Just like old times.”

While we were making lunch, I finally noticed that I felt completely whole on the inside. I didn’t have pieces of my heart missing. It was like Tegan and Andrea were the missing links into giving me a reason to live. Andrea was the beautiful girl that I had fallen in love with and she blessed me with the most intelligent and gifted child in the world. Tegan was so well rounded and well liked that I was so proud of her. She was second in her class in school and she was so well behaved. I couldn’t see my life without these girls anymore. They’ve been here six months in and in those short six months they had made a permanent spot in my heart and life for both of them.

“Matt!” Andrea yelled pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah,” I said looking at her.

“You okay babe?” she asked, “I was trying to get your attention for like ten minutes.”

“Yeah,” I said and walked over to her and kissed her lips, “I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have you and Tegan in my life.”

“Well we’re lucky to have you in our lives Matt,” Andrea said smiling and kissing me, “You’re a gift in disguise.”

I smiled and then pulled Andrea to the living room where we watched our favorite movie, The Breakfast Club. Andrea was snuggled up against me when the doorbell rang. I growled and Andrea giggled.

“They’ll go away,” I said, “Don’t answer it.”

The doorbell than rang annoyingly for five minutes straight.

“It’s Jimmy,” we both said at the same time and I just shook my head as I got up.

“Don’t yell at him Matt,” Andrea said.

“Jimmy!” I exclaimed opening the door to reveal a very hyper Jimmy and a very apologetic Leana.

“I’m sorry Matt,” Leana said, “Jimmy wouldn’t let us go home without stopping by and saying hi to you and Andrea.”

“It’s alright,” I said, “We were just finishing up The Breakfast Club, if you two care to join us.”
“Drea!” Jimmy yelled as he bounded into the house and flopped on Andrea.

“Happy Valentine’s Day Jimbo!” Andrea muffled since she was covered by Jimmy, “Hi Leana.”

“Jimmy could you get off my girlfriend?” I asked, “She kinda needs to breathe.”

“You take the fun out of everything,” Jimmy whined and I just shook my head as
Jimmy launched into what him and Leana had done so far for Valentine’s Day.

As Jimmy and Andrea talked I just watched her and smiled to myself and knew I was making the right decision. I was going to ask Andrea to marry me at dinner tonight in front of Tegan, Kyle, and everyone else in the restaurant. Andrea was going to kill me but I didn’t care. She was the girl of my dreams and I was going to make sure she stayed that way for the rest of my life. I wasn’t going to loose her again like I did fifteen years ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
Andrea's Outfit
Matt's Outfit
Tegan's Teddy Bear
Andrea's Engagement Ring

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
Sorry its been so long since I've updated. Senior year is so crazy with all the scholarships and school things going on. Please subscibe and let me know what you guys think!