Status: Coming Slowly. . .Please bear with me

"I have a what?"

U Smile

It’s been two weeks since I was invited to Zacky’s house to try and fix things with Tegan and it’s been about a month since Tegan and I broke up. Every time Tegan looks my way, she has this sad look on her face I wish to take away. Tegan used to be all smiles until the day I told Candi I would talk to her. The moment we pulled into the park parking lot, Candi was all over me. She started kissing me and messing with my hair. I pushed her away but she didn’t get the hint. When I was able to get her off of me, my clothes were stained with lipstick, my hair looked like we had sex, and she somehow got my jeans unzipped. The look on Tegan’s face killed when she looked at me. I wanted to explain to her everything but she wouldn’t so much even look at me anymore. I was sitting at a table in the lunch room when I saw her walk in with Mel and Stella. They sat a table in the back like usual and talked. Mel and Stella had excited looks on their faces but Tegan looked like she wanted to die. I was about to go sit with them when I saw Luke walk over to their table and I saw Tegan roll her eyes.

“Go fuck yourself Luke!” Tegan snapped and grabbed her bag and marched out of the lunchroom and I walked over to Luke.

“I don’t know what you said to her but back the fuck off,” I warned him.

“Oh yeah what are you going to do Anderson?” Luke asked, “She broke up with you since you cheated on her.”

“Oh you mean Candi didn’t tell you she fucked me,” I smirked playing that card and I saw Luke’s smile drop and Candi stopped laughing, “Yeah Brandson she slept with me and she sucked like always. She never was a great fuck. Now back off Tegan or I will make you.”

I then spun around and I knew Luke was going to try and punch me so I ducked. I then turned around and decked Luke. I heard the lunchroom go quiet and the lunchroom doors open. I turned my head for a minute and Luke punched me in the nose. Luke was about to hit me again when I saw Tegan’s hair squeeze between us and she kneed Luke in the groin.

“Back off Brandson,” Tegan said and turned to me, “You okay?”

“I’m fine,” I said looked down at her to see worry written in her eyes.

“I don’t believe you,” she said as she took my free hand and we left the lunchroom.

She took me down to a deserted hallway and we snuck into the girl’s bathroom. She sat me down on the floor and she started cleaning my nose.

“What did Brandson say to you?” I asked.

“Why do you care?” she asked quietly as she cleaned the blood around my nose.

“Because I love you,” I said and she stopped and looked at me.

I knew I was in love with Tegan after our first month anniversary. She was always on my mind and I always wanted to make her happy. She was nothing like Candi and everything that I wanted in a girl. She was a tomboy but she was girly too. She knew how to make me smile and I was always willing to do whatever it took to make her happy. When she was upset I was upset, when she was happy I was happy. It was like she dictated whether I lived or died.

“You love me,” she whispered shocked.

“I do Tegan,” I said, “For the past month I’ve wanted to take all of the pain I caused and put it all on me. I want to explain to you what happened but if you don’t want to talk to me then I won’t talk to you. I just want to see you smile and laugh again. I missed that so much.”

She cleaned up some of the blood and then handed me two tampons.

“You still have a bloody nose,” she smiled lightly at my face, “I’ve missed you.”

“I missed you too,” I said.

She then sat next to me and laid her head on me.

“I love you Ky,” she whispered.

I then stood up and pulled her up with me.

“Come on let’s get to class,” I said and we walked to history and then choir.

When we walked into choir Mr. DeLonge smiled and nodded his head at me. Tegan let me sit next to her, Mel, and Stella. When Mel and Stella walked in they smiled at us and I hoped that this little stunt would get Tegan to completely forgive me. Once the bell rang, Mr. DeLonge called me on to come in front of the class.

“Okay well this song I would never ever sing but I’ve been thinking about this one girl and this song says exactly what I can’t at the moment,” I said and started playing my guitar.

Oh
Yeah
Mmmm

I'd wait on you forever and a day
Hand and foot
Your world is my world
Yeah
Ain't no way you're ever gon' get
Any less than you should
Cause baby
You smile I smile (oh)
Cause whenever
You smile I smile
Hey hey hey

Your lips, my biggest weakness
Shouldn't have let you know
I'm always gonna do what they say (hey)

If you need me
I'll come running
From a thousand miles away
When you smile I smile (oh whoa)
You smile I smile
Hey

Baby take my open heart and all it offers
Cause this is as unconditional as it'll ever get
You ain't seen nothing yet
I won't ever hesitate to give you more
Cause baby (hey)
You smile I smile (whoa)
You smile I smile
Hey hey hey
You smile I smile
I smile I smile I smile
You smile I smile
Make me smile baby

Baby you won't ever work for nothing
You are my ins and my means now
With you there's no in between
I'm all in
Cause my cards are on the table
And I'm willing and I'm able
But I fold to your wish
Cause it's my command
Hey hey hey

You smile I smile (whoa)
You smile I smile
Hey hey hey
You smile I smile
I smile I smile I smile
You smile I smile
Oh

You smile I smile

You smile I smile


When the song was over, I looked over at Tegan to see her smiling lightly and tears silently falling down her face. She was shaking her head smiling. That’s a good thing right? I then walked over to Tegan and smiled down at her.

“You’re such an asshole,” she smiled laughing her beautiful laugh that I hadn’t heard in months.

“You love it,” I said and then pulled her up to me and kissed her.

She wrapped her hands around my neck and my arms went straight to her waist. When our lips parted, she was grinning wickedly and everyone and cheering except Candi and her friends.

“I love you Tegan Ann Sanders,” I said and pecked her cheek.

“I love you Kyle Jacob Anderson,” she replied pecking my cheek and for the first time in a month I felt complete and whole.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tegan's Outfit
Kyle's Outfit
Title Credit: "U Smile" by Justin Bieber

I thought everyone should see what Kyle was thinking through all of this. Let me know what you think!