Status: Coming Slowly. . .Please bear with me

"I have a what?"

The Cat's Out of the Bag

Matt knew. That was the only thing running through my mind. Matt knew Tegan was his. Everyone knew Tegan was his which means everyone knew why I ran away. Val took Matt into Jimmy’s house and we heard yelling.

“Should we check on him?” I asked looking at everyone.

“Maybe we should,” Michelle said, “Val can do some damage Jimmy.”

We all then walked up to the house and waited.

“So when were you going to tell us you had a kid with Matt?” Brian asked calmly.

“When I thought the time was right,” I said.

“Care to tell us all why you ran away for real this time?” Zacky asked.

“Val told me that Matt wouldn’t want a child because they talked about it,” I said, “And before you all yell at me for believing her. I watched her conversation with Matt and I even heard what he said with my own two ears he didn’t want a kid.”

“Mom,” Tegan said, “You don’t have to say anymore.”

“No baby,” I smiled down at her as she wrapped me in a hug, “These were my best friends, second family, and they deserve to know why I just up and left with my family. That was a reason and my dad’s job did get moved to Pittsburgh though so it was just perfect timing. I didn’t say goodbye to all of you because I thought you would hate me for moving for leaving notes was better idea I thought.”

“Well the past is the past and I don’t know about the boys but we forgive you,” Lacey said and the girls went to stand next to me.

“I’ll always forgive my Chipmunk,” Jimmy said standing next to Leana.

“You did get me wearing my infamous fedora,” Brian said smiling, “I guess you can be forgiven.”

“We can never stay mad at you Drea,” Zacky and Johnny smiled.

Tegan’s new friends and everyone else gave us a giant group hug until we heard yelling again.

“I said go back to my house get your shit and get out before I get back home tonight,” we heard Matt yell as she ripped the front door open and she stormed out.

We were all looking at each other like we were missing something until Matt came out looking relieved.

“Finally,” he sighed, “She’s finally gone.”

“Let’s get some burgers on the grill and get some food going,” Jimmy said breaking the awkwardness and rushing through the house to the backyard.

We all walked in but I was stopped by someone grabbing my arm. I turned around and looked up to see Matt looking down at me.

“Can we talk really quick?” he asked.

“Sure,” I said following him into the living room, “What do you want to talk about?”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were pregnant?” he asked turning around to look at me.

“I didn’t want get in your way of your dreams,” I said looking at my hands, “and you told Val back in high school that you didn’t want kids.”

“I said that because I thought she wanted to have my kids,” Matt said and I looked up at him, “I wanted kids with you Andrea. I loved you so much in high school I wanted to marry you after we graduated.”

“Well I have another secret to confess,” I sighed getting ready to tell him that when I left Tegan was already three, “You remember that nine months when I was homeschooled sophomore year?”

“Yeah,” Matt said.

“Well, I was pregnant with Tegan,” I said, “We left when Tegan was three.”

“You mean. . .” Matt started.

“I’m sorry,” I sighed, “I just thought you would want to get rid of her and I couldn’t.”

“Andrea,” Matt said sitting next to me, “I would never want to get rid of her. What did you name her?”

“Tegan Ann Sanders,” I said.

“That was my favorite name when we talked about kids,” he smiled.

“That’s why I named her that,” I smiled.

“Can I take her out for lunch tomorrow?” he asked, “I have fifteen years to catch up on.”

“Sure,” I smiled.

“Can I take you out too?” he asked.

“Sure,” I giggled.

We continued to talk and I regretted leaving.

“Foods ready!” Tegan walked in.

“We’ll be there in a minute,” I smiled up at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe!!!